Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 06:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
It probably wouldn't sell much anyway. Hegewicsh is the most isolated Chicago neighborhood and unknown to even some natives, might as well be a suburb. I can't remember have I ever been to Hegewicsh and how to get there without looking on google map. lol
I dunno, for the right price they might sell. Private lots and/or access to Wolf Lake (for what that's worth), isolated and quiet, 500 yards from Indiana for low-tax shopping and gas, and a train station with access to downtown in about 30 minutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:54 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottl333 View Post
Little Village, somewhat??? Try all of it. You might be thinking of pilsen
I said somewhat because its the most vibrant Mexican/latino hood in Chicago/Midwest and don't look all that depressing when picturing a ghetto. Gangs like the Latin Kings and Gangster Two Six what make it notorious and unsafe for some.
Not to menton that 26th St. suppose to have the highest or second highest commercial sales(or w/e) in Chicago. Not bad for a gang ridden hood

Old 05-18-2009, 07:06 PM

264 posts, read 716,681 times
little village is not a ghetto, neither is back of the yards or humbolt park. one is a mexicans hood that almost all mexicans would love to live in, like lincoln park/wicker park for whites, one is a puerto rican where the same applies. one is just a mix. If your gonna say those are ghettos cause you dont want to live there, even though mexicans and puertoricans love to live there, then lincoln park is the white gheto.
seriously, whats up with the prejudism?cant we all just get along? what are u gonna do now, throw crime statistics out? I dont care how many people got robbed or murdered on my street and how many happened on your street, its a way of life and its common for most non-lincoln park/wicker park city people.
I actually LOVE living where I live. And so does almost everyone else that lives here. Its city life, its not ghetto cause you call it ghetto. Ghetto is public housing projects, everything is just middle-low income and hispanic and black. And "gangs" just means drug dealers, if you dont get involved with drugs, nothing will happen, with the very very unfortunate exception of the very few innocent people caught in crossfires, which again is a common city life element that probably 70% of Chicagoans know someone who has been murdered.
Thanks.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:17 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Most of Little Village,Back of the Yards and Humboldt Park are ghetto's. They are not as bad as Washington Park, Austin, or Englewood but they are still ghetto's. Sorry buddy.

Thanks.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:19 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
little village is not a ghetto, neither is back of the yards or humbolt park. one is a mexicans hood that almost all mexicans would love to live in, like lincoln park/wicker park for whites, one is a puerto rican where the same applies. one is just a mix. If your gonna say those are ghettos cause you dont want to live there, even though mexicans and puertoricans love to live there, then lincoln park is the white gheto.
Yeah, these places are just like Lincoln Park. Only you know, only slightly more run-down and with about 10 times the murder rate.

What the hell is "prejudism?"

Old 05-18-2009, 07:24 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
...What the hell is "prejudism?"
I am thinking it is the religion of Yahweh before he made those silly people that wear beanies make cattle and lamb sacrifices to him and observe the kosher laws of Leviticus.

Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carantini View Post
seriously, whats up with the prejudism?cant we all just get along? what are u gonna do now, throw crime statistics out? I dont care how many people got robbed or murdered on my street and how many happened on your street, its a way of life and its common for most non-lincoln park/wicker park city people.
I actually LOVE living where I live. And so does almost everyone else that lives here. Its city life, its not ghetto cause you call it ghetto. Ghetto is public housing projects, everything is just middle-low income and hispanic and black. And "gangs" just means drug dealers, if you dont get involved with drugs, nothing will happen, with the very very unfortunate exception of the very few innocent people caught in crossfires, which again is a common city life element that probably 70% of Chicagoans know someone who has been murdered.
Thanks.
As someone that live in a suburb with a bad rep, I have to disagree with you. Little Village and Humboldt Park may not be a depressing looking hood with abandon buildings and vacant lots, but it still the hood. One is the East LA of the Midwest and the other is Chicago's Spanish Harlem. Little Village is the most vibrant Mexican hood in the Midwest and a commercial street that rival anything in Chicago. All that is good and dandy, but the neighborhood is notorious for on and off gang feuds between the LKs and Two Six gangs. Same with Humboldt Park

Old 05-18-2009, 08:25 PM

204 posts, read 761,411 times
Similar to lincoln park?? hahaha. Similar to East L.A. Yes have you ever been there??? Not the best area either buddy.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 PM

204 posts, read 761,411 times
tell that to the cops who work in little village that it is similar to lincoln park. Also, back of yards is also a ghetto. I have some friends down there and have hung out there in the day and at night and I dont recommend it unless you like gangs and drugs.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:51 PM

202 posts, read 763,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
Immediately south of Bridgeport, wedged between Pershing, 51st, Halsted to the west and the railroad tracks to the east. There's actually some pretty nice homes there but on the whole that is one Neanderthal neighborhood.
I don't have too much experience in Canaryville but from my limited experience, I played in an Irish punk band that performed in a few basement parties there, and I have to say that everyone I met was likable, fun, not really Neanderthal in the least, if anything I would say that the the Sox loving Canaryville-ites were more sociable and offered intelligent conversation than the Lake View frat boys at Wrigley, who do act like Neanderthals often. But, like I said, my experience is fairly limited.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago