Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 04:28 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,831,424 times

Advertisements

aren't there any local jazz bands you could feature? what about a slot for the regular Green Mill performers, some of them have some "smooth" offerings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 7,292 times
What a HAPPY day Monday was when I found 87.7 radio station. I love the smooth jazz music.! Shame on WNUA!!!!! Now you have to get all the group from WNUA, and it will be just like before.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 7,192 times
Thank you Lord...good music is back!!! I was so down in the dumps for days over this past weekend thinking that WNUA was gone forever. Going to work in the morning without Ram the Man and Karen was upsetting and my day did not start out the same...any consideration of adding them to your programming? My funk returned on my way home without Dave Koz. Literally, I went station by station on my radio trying to find something I could listen to and then it happened!!! I heard the former WNUA jingle and bang zoom, I was back in business. Thank you to whomever brought these wonderful sounds back into our lives again. How can we support you? Will you be streaming live so I can hear you at work? Thank you, thank you, thank you...Jeanne, Naperville

Old 05-27-2009, 01:57 PM

1 posts, read 7,167 times
I just listned to your station today after changing 95.5 being locked in and found you and for the few minuets I listened to I love it. I will be tuned in from now on and have passed the word along.

Poonie

Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 7,209 times
I have locked this station in (where 95.5 used to be). Clear Channel is losing listeners left and right!

Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,984 times
Default 87.7 - Life is Smooth Again

Just found out and sooo happy to have smooth jazz back. I canNOT wake up to country, rap, lite hits, or another language. Way to go Karen, Dave and any other former NUA personalities who are @ 87.7. Please keep it up!

Old 06-02-2009, 02:54 PM

1 posts, read 6,937 times
Smile wnua is back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Whew.....back in business.

to all of the 95.5 WNUA listeners we have a new station 87.7 FM.

If you are familiar with the WNUA theme song, you'll here it again on the new station.
I am sooooo happy that wnua is back in business. . I was seriously bummed when it left the airwaves. . . thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-02-2009, 03:46 PM

1 posts, read 7,085 times
I just slowly surfed the radio until I found music that was pleasing to my ear. Thank you 87.7

Old 06-03-2009, 08:57 AM

1,464 posts, read 5,488,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kempiak View Post
Thank you Lord...good music is back!!! I was so down in the dumps for days over this past weekend thinking that WNUA was gone forever. Going to work in the morning without Ram the Man and Karen was upsetting and my day did not start out the same...any consideration of adding them to your programming? My funk returned on my way home without Dave Koz. Literally, I went station by station on my radio trying to find something I could listen to and then it happened!!! I heard the former WNUA jingle and bang zoom, I was back in business. Thank you to whomever brought these wonderful sounds back into our lives again. How can we support you? Will you be streaming live so I can hear you at work? Thank you, thank you, thank you...Jeanne, Naperville
They already are streaming online. I had them on for a bit yesterday. Just google them WLFM Chicago 87.7 and they have a website that you can listen live on. Google should find it. YSJ-IP Player This might work. They just need to work on their equalizer and board as well as signal strength because it doesn't sound as good as it did on 95.5 and I realize that it has a much lower frequency, but still there are ways to correct this problem. Hell I worked at a radio station for a while, so I know it can be done. Their levels seem to keep going into the red on their boards and it's distorting their sound.

Old 06-03-2009, 02:50 PM

233 posts, read 699,290 times
I prefer real jazz. I miss WBEE, not to mention Daddy O'Daylie, Sid McCoy and Yvonee Daniels, Merri Dee among others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: