Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 02:59 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandur View Post
You clearly hang out the wrong areas :P There are beautiful women everywhere. Dating can be competitive here though, like any major city...
The guy is some idiot from Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2010, 11:22 PM

226 posts, read 641,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonzz View Post
If you single guys are attracted to women who are 300 pounds and don't like the petite/skinny gals, than Chicago is perfect for you. If you are looking for one of those physically beautiful women, you need to search in another state.
After walking up and down Clark in Wrigleyville for the past week or so, I can tell you first-hand there are HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS of gorgeous babes in this city... And that's just one neighborhood!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:19 AM

4 posts, read 7,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hxcobd View Post
After walking up and down Clark in Wrigleyville for the past week or so, I can tell you first-hand there are HUNDREDS/THOUSANDS of gorgeous babes in this city... And that's just one neighborhood!
The skinny/beautiful women in Illinois only go for the super rich guys only. And I do have to agree with you that there are numerous beautiful babes in Chicagoland, especially out in the far suburbs. But if you are not rich, forget about even trying to approach the beauties in Illinois and go search in a different state/region. Because like I said before, in Illinois, only the 300 and 400 pounders are ever interested in meeting new guys daily. And I mean literally, only the women that more closely resemble Jabba the Hutt instead of the supermodels in the magazine. But like I also said, if you find women who are 300 and 400 pounds attractive, then you shouldn't have a problem getting a date in Chicagoland, or in Illinois.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:24 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
^haha. At first I was like "another one???"....but then saw it's the same guy.

I agree with Lookoutkid. Between grad school here and multiple jobs, I've met dozens of people who have had NO problems finding people to date, more people to date, and in my cases people they're currently married to.

I guess I'm blessed to hang out with a pretty hot crowd of girls, but none of them are married to anyone who makes more money than they do, and I rarely meet the super snobby girls in Chicago compared to other places.

Actually, based on the post above, I would probably say Chicago is quite a bit LESS like that than many other large cities in the country. It's a pretty grounded city as far as attitudes.

Old 06-16-2010, 08:28 AM

57 posts, read 157,624 times
Quote:
The skinny/beautiful women in Illinois only go for the super rich guys only. And I do have to agree with you that there are numerous beautiful babes in Chicagoland, especially out in the far suburbs. But if you are not rich, forget about even trying to approach the beauties in Illinois and go search in a different state/region. Because like I said before, in Illinois, only the 300 and 400 pounders are ever interested in meeting new guys daily. And I mean literally, only the women that more closely resemble Jabba the Hutt instead of the supermodels in the magazine. But like I also said, if you find women who are 300 and 400 pounds attractive, then you shouldn't have a problem getting a date in Chicagoland, or in Illinois.
It sounds like somebody had a bad experience. I have lots of friends both male and female. Some of my friends and friends' girlfriends are very attractive, some are mildly attractive, some are plain, but not one of them is 300 pounds, let alone 400 pounds. Also, none of my friends are super rich.

Perhaps women don't find you attractive because you yourself are unattractive?... or perhaps it's because of your bad attitude and insecurities?

Old 06-16-2010, 08:40 AM

1,210 posts, read 3,062,217 times
Quote:
Very attractive women have the luxury of being able to pick and choose their men for the most part. If they can have good-looking, smart and rich, why wouldn't they?

That point aside, it is very much possible to date good looking girls without being rich. I am by no means rich and I have dated some very very good looking girls. If you are confident, have a decent sense of humor and halfway decent looking you can go pretty far without being rich. Would it help being rich? Of course. Not required though.

Hit the gym, dress yourself well and have fun, you'll do just fine

Old 06-17-2010, 07:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrokeith View Post

Perhaps women don't find you attractive because you yourself are unattractive?... or perhaps it's because of your bad attitude and insecurities?
Or maybe because he has some sort of disability. Guys with disabilities have no business dating women at all. They need to remain single. It actually sickens me to hear of disabled guys dating. And in fact, one evening, I was at a concert at a park. And about an hour in, I saw a guy who appeared to be autistic. He was slow moving, flapping his hands, holding them weirdly. He approached this one beautiful woman with a very cute face, nice jawline, slim body, and from what I saw, I could tell that it was a first meeting for them. The woman sat down just left of in front of me and then the guy sat down right next to her and began stroking her with his big fingers. He was stroking her on her neck and under her chin, and it really infuriated me! I of course had a citronella candle lit to keep the mosquitoes away, and I was a few seconds away from setting the back of the guy's shirt on fire when he got up and moved somewhere else. I even allready had a twig dipped in the melted wax of the candle and was just touching the waxed end of the twig to the flame when he moved. I'm serious. I was ready to set the back of that guy's shirt on fire as punishment for stroking that woman.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:57 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,513,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Dover View Post
Or maybe because he has some sort of disability. Guys with disabilities have no business dating women at all. They need to remain single. It actually sickens me to hear of disabled guys dating. And in fact, one evening, I was at a concert at a park. And about an hour in, I saw a guy who appeared to be autistic. He was slow moving, flapping his hands, holding them weirdly. He approached this one beautiful woman with a very cute face, nice jawline, slim body, and from what I saw, I could tell that it was a first meeting for them. The woman sat down just left of in front of me and then the guy sat down right next to her and began stroking her with his big fingers. He was stroking her on her neck and under her chin, and it really infuriated me! I of course had a citronella candle lit to keep the mosquitoes away, and I was a few seconds away from setting the back of the guy's shirt on fire when he got up and moved somewhere else. I even allready had a twig dipped in the melted wax of the candle and was just touching the waxed end of the twig to the flame when he moved. I'm serious. I was ready to set the back of that guy's shirt on fire as punishment for stroking that woman.
How retarded....

....see what I did there?

Old 06-17-2010, 01:53 PM

506 posts, read 2,574,696 times
300-400 pounders? Maybe in the far suburbs who come visit the city on some weekends or during Taste of Chicago.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:49 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
I still don't understand how these women who are all apparently the size of garbage trucks could even fit into the bars in the first place...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago