Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 06:21 PM

20 posts, read 54,315 times

Advertisements

I am currently here in Chicago for a project and have moved out of my hotel and into a corp apartment to enable me to spend more time here to see if Chicago is a place I would want to relocate. I have heard some good things about the Chicago social club in terms of a good way to meet people. Any thoughts on that?

Also....dating...are they all players???? I have dated a little since I have been here and it's been quite the experience. I have never been on so many dates where things go great and then they just disappear, especially after they appear to be so "present"...it's seeming to be pretty bizarre!

I'm a 37 yr old, female..good job...and pretty cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2009, 08:31 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMove View Post
I am currently here in Chicago for a project and have moved out of my hotel and into a corp apartment to enable me to spend more time here to see if Chicago is a place I would want to relocate. I have heard some good things about the Chicago social club in terms of a good way to meet people. Any thoughts on that?

Also....dating...are they all players???? I have dated a little since I have been here and it's been quite the experience. I have never been on so many dates where things go great and then they just disappear, especially after they appear to be so "present"...it's seeming to be pretty bizarre!

It's a city of nearly 3,000,000 people in a metropolitan area over 9,000,000 people.

Yes and no, my friend.

Old 05-30-2009, 08:38 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Start by letting us know what kind of social settings you like. Everyone has different places they like to socialize.
I can go to a jazz concert on one night and than go to the House of Blues to see Common the next.

Also, players come in all income brackets and environments.

As a side note, something I always tell women, the things that YOU think are what makes you attractive to guys may not the things guys find attractive about you. A guy can just like the way you talk and walk. All of which have nothing to do with your job. Just keep that in mind.

Quote:

Old 05-30-2009, 09:16 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
I literally know dozens and dozens of couples that met their spouses, partners, soul mates, or whatever in Chicago, so it can't be all that bad out there... And the people I know are cool as ****.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,744,746 times
Quote:
If you are pretty you can date ME!

I'm 40 and got potential for a good job with a BSME degree!

And,.. uh,.. you've probably seen a lot of my past threads!

Wanna hit some tennis or a bike ride? But I'm picky too...

Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,662,137 times
So where exactly are you planning on moving? Last year it was Boston, last month it was New Hampshire, now it's Chicago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
Wanna hit some tennis or a bike ride? But I'm picky too...
Well, I guess beggars can be choosers.

Old 05-30-2009, 09:24 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,445,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
So where exactly are you planning on moving? Last year it was Boston, last month it was New Hampshire, now it's Chicago?
Don't forget Seattle, Connecticut and Vermont. We have a regular Marco Polo here.

Old 06-15-2010, 12:52 PM

4 posts, read 7,518 times
If you single guys are attracted to women who are 300 pounds and don't like the petite/skinny gals, than Chicago is perfect for you. If you are looking for one of those physically beautiful women, you need to search in another state.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:15 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Be gone troll.

Old 06-15-2010, 02:57 PM

1,210 posts, read 3,062,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonzz View Post
If you single guys are attracted to women who are 300 pounds and don't like the petite/skinny gals, than Chicago is perfect for you. If you are looking for one of those physically beautiful women, you need to search in another state.

You clearly hang out the wrong areas :P There are beautiful women everywhere. Dating can be competitive here though, like any major city...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago