Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:36 PM

4,789 posts, read 14,740,681 times

Advertisements

How is your Chicago summer going along?

What I did so far -

Bike the Drive
Division Street fair
Wells Street fair
Vintage BMX fair at Rockford

Up coming -
Gay Parade
Chicago Criterium at Grant Park
Downers Grove National Criterium Race
Elk Grove Village Criterium Race

Usually on a nice weekend or nice weekday with no rain I'd bmx up to LSD, hit the skate park at Wilson then freestyle At Oak Street Beach, then shop or browse at Michigan Avenue, maybe eat there or at Portillos... then home...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 08:51 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
I'll be back in town for the Gay Parade!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
We'll all look for you sauced and puking in the trash bin. It isn't a partay without Coldwine.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:05 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,078 times
Six Flags- Check
Get laid- Not Check
Arrested - Check
Work out- Not Check

Old 06-22-2009, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
We'll all look for you sauced and puking in the trash bin. It isn't a partay without Coldwine.
Nonono, coldwine's no freshman. Don't get me wrong, there was a day.

But these days? It's slow cocktails for hours on end. Drunkenness is something you work your way up to slowly, over several days.

Besides which, the gay pride parade I remember had E in the freaking air. I just wanna march with my gays, be surrounded by admiring drag queens and chill later with a bar hop

Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,776,941 times
Quote:
I hope you had other reasons to be here.

Am I the only one who finds that parade kind of boring?

Hey look, it's Anna Devlantes and Ginger Zee on a float with a dude in drag wearing peacock feathers! OMG, that guy with the assless chaps is sure clever! Who would have thought of THAT?

Old 06-22-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I hope you had other reasons to be here.

Am I the only one who finds that parade kind of boring?

Hey look, it's Anna Devlantes and Ginger Zee on a float with a dude in drag wearing peacock feathers! OMG, that guy with the assless chaps is sure clever! Who would have thought of THAT?
I just have a few days to spend with my gays That's all I'm asking for.

If all goes well, I think I'll be quitting this job and just coming home for good. **** this, I've had enough.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:42 AM

1,953 posts, read 4,959,191 times
ummm summer just started the other day IMO. Did a little camping trip over the weeknd and canoed 20 miles- never again Today Im going to cut out of work semi early, hit up a cheap beer garden with some friends and drink my sunburn away

Old 06-23-2009, 10:47 AM

725 posts, read 1,848,875 times
Quote:
If all goes well, I think I'll be quitting this job and just coming home for good. **** this, I've had enough.

Btdt! It certainly feels good to move back to Chicago after being unhappy in a foreign country.

Venom, you crack me up!

I really want to go to Great America soon. I did the Custer Street Fair in Evanston and we went to the pool for the first time this past weekend. I am loving it so far. I might take my son to the pride parade on Sunday too.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:56 AM

131 posts, read 356,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Costa Rica Chica View Post
I really want to go to Great America soon.
I haven't been to Great America in years, which is really criminal considering how much I enjoy the coasters. Too bad I can't go on weekdays due to this whole getting a job after college thing. Guess I should be thankful to have a job in today's economy but I digress.

I've been trying to explore parts of the city I have never been to on my bike. I don't think Chicago will ever cease to surprise me in this regard, given how many places are tucked away off the beaten path waiting to be discovered.
Also went on a road trip to Rhode Island, Boston and Niagara Falls which was incredibly tiring because of all the driving but totally worth it. I'd never been through the Hudson Valley and early June seems to be a very picturesque time. All in all though I was so happy to be back in Chicago at the end. There's no place like home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago