Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 11:45 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,595,502 times

Advertisements

F the wannabe forum policemen. (and I do not mean the moderators)

Yo yo bro bro n*75* this ni(*& that. Just **** already.

Nobody feels sorry for you anymore.

You carved your own stupid path.

People have tried to help you yet you still act like a ten year old.

Have fun in Statesville BRO.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 07-06-2009 at 12:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2009, 09:26 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,237,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
F the wannabe forum policemen. (and I do not mean the moderators)

Yo yo bro bro n*75* this ni(*& that. Just **** already.

Nobody feels sorry for you anymore.

You carved your own stupid path.

People have tried to help you yet you still act like a ten year old.

Have fun in Statesville BRO.
What the hell??

Old 07-06-2009, 10:42 AM

3,062 posts, read 7,029,976 times
They're not going to respond to the texts. Soon there will be so many texts that they'll need to hire another team just to decide which ones are real/emergencies.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:59 AM

1,912 posts, read 5,442,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
They're not going to respond to the texts. Soon there will be so many texts that they'll need to hire another team just to decide which ones are real/emergencies.
I don't think the texts are meant to replace 911 or be used to supplement 911. The are meant to be an anonymous tip line for crimes that have already occurred. Many witnesses would be afraid to step forward with information for fear of retaliation from the cops (if they themselves were involved to some degree) and the perps.

What I wonder is, if it is truly anonymous, how will that evidence hold up in court? Drover/Coldwine, maybe you know? Couldn't the defense call this info hear-say or say that their client is unable to confront his accuser?

Old 07-06-2009, 03:58 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
I don't think the texts are meant to replace 911 or be used to supplement 911. The are meant to be an anonymous tip line for crimes that have already occurred. Many witnesses would be afraid to step forward with information for fear of retaliation from the cops (if they themselves were involved to some degree) and the perps.

What I wonder is, if it is truly anonymous, how will that evidence hold up in court? Drover/Coldwine, maybe you know? Couldn't the defense call this info hear-say or say that their client is unable to confront his accuser?
Tips aren't meant to be used in court. They're supposed to give the prosecution insight into potential angles and the detectives /police a greater idea of where to look.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,442,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldwine View Post
Tips aren't meant to be used in court. They're supposed to give the prosecution insight into potential angles and the detectives /police a greater idea of where to look.
But, if a tip leads to the discovery of a weapon used in a crime for example that would not otherwise have been found through typically avenues..eh I don't know where I'm going with this one.

Anyway, this system is a welcome option, especially since most large US cities have had a program like this for a few years now. I do hope that the police do let it remain anonymous though. I have an Orwellian feeling that this may be used against some tipsters.

Old 05-26-2016, 07:07 PM

1 posts, read 681 times
Drug deal at 9326 s colfax chicago

Old 05-29-2016, 08:29 AM

498 posts, read 724,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnycole View Post
Drug deal at 9326 s colfax chicago
That's not how any of this works

Old 05-29-2016, 09:39 AM

2,115 posts, read 5,415,387 times
Some of the boys in blue are scumbags, I know this for a fact. But not all of them are and we need a functioning criminal justice system in order to have a functioning society.

In the hood the "no snitching" campaign is a huge source of problems. I believe that guilty perpetrators of violent crimes really oughtta serve justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: