Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2009, 07:26 PM

1 posts, read 3,013 times

Advertisements

Basically, I'm just trying to figure out some commute times to see where I want to live. I'm going to be going to Depaul at the loop campus and I have a friend thats going to be going to loyola. He told me its a 30 min commute from lincoln park to Loyola which I find very hard to believe.

If you could tell me the commute time from Loyala to Lincoln Park and then also Lincoln Park to the loop. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2009, 08:51 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,196,783 times
I assume you want commute times using public transit. From Fullerton/Lincoln Park to Loyola I just pulled a sample schedule at transitchicago.com and it is as follows (22 minutes from Fullerton Red Line stop by Depaul to Loyola stop on North Sheridan):

Subway - Red Line - Direction: Howard
Service run by Chicago Transit Authority - 1-888-YOURCTA
9:46am Depart Fullerton
22 mins
10:09am Arrive Loyola

From Lincoln Park to the Loop Depaul campus you could take the Brown Line from Fullerton Stop to the Library stop and transitchicago.com is showing that is 16 minutes (or you can take the Red Line from Fullerton to State St near Congress(choice of stops) in about same amount of time.

However, the big question is where precisely in Lincoln Park would you be living? I am giving you info from near the corner of Fullerton and Sheffield which is the portion of LP near Depaul. However, if you plan to live closer to the park/lake (more east) you might choose to take the buses which could change things. Or if you are living in the northern part of LP, closer to Diversey Parkway, you might take the Brown Line to the Loop from a stop other than Fullerton.

Also, when you say "Loyola" I assume you mean the larger campus on North Sheridan Rd in the Roger's Park neighborhood? Sheridan north of Devon? Loyola also has a campus near Water Tower/N Michigan Ave. Anyway, I gave you info to the bigger campus up north.

Keep in mind the subway (el) "actual" times may be 5 to 10 minutes longer on these routes if the trains happen to be running slow for some reason

Last edited by soulful; 08-09-2009 at 09:00 PM..

Old 08-09-2009, 09:22 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
Half an hour door to door from LP to Loyola sounds about right, depending on specific location within Lincoln Park.

Old 08-09-2009, 09:39 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,786,761 times
Live near the Red Line in Lincoln Park and it will be a piece of cake (North and Clybourn, Fullerton stations).

It's probably a half hour to Loyola, fifteen-minutes to the Loop (train times only).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: