Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 08:41 AM

2,884 posts, read 4,986,021 times

Advertisements

It's unlikely that you'd be able to get a mortgage processing job w/o experience and earn $15/hr. I started in the industry as a temp receptionist and asked the processors if I could help them. They slowly trained me. It was a crazy busy time in the industry then. You need good analytical skills, attention to detail, and the ability to deal with a lot of phone calls and pressure from the people you're working with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 11:16 PM

668 posts, read 2,357,435 times
ha good luck. Chicago's economy is in the dumps, I'm born n raised in this city and can't find any job to save my life, retail, fast food or otherwise. If you have any education beyond high school/ged you will be automatically overqualified. I have to look down in New Orleans where my aunt is right now just to find any ol stupid job temporarily, until the economy is better and I can go back up to Chicago or elsewhere. That's right, New Orleans. The employment rate is actually better there, how sad is that? Chicago's economy has been chewed up, swallowed, shat out, set on fire, and p***ed on to put out the flames. Just giving you fair warning, you seem kind naiive to the situation here. You'll be lucky to work just above minimum wage, I almost laughed when you said "at least 16/hr." I wish you the best of luck though, but unless you have some real security, I would not so quickly move out here on a whim, at least with the expectations you have.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:31 AM

36 posts, read 80,317 times
There are jobs out there, you just have to know where to look and who to talk to. Of course it's harder for me since I don't have many connections in Chi. I actually interviewed for a couple positions in Chi a few weeks ago that paid much more than $16/hr.....and it didn't take long for me to find them. If I was in the city right now, I'd have a much better chance at finding something. At the same time, I'm not just going to move there on a whim....it could work out, but it's not a risk I need to take right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago