Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 01:28 AM

129 posts, read 466,033 times

Advertisements

Here are the some big negatives to being in Chicago...

1.) A lot of times (especially at night) it's almost impossible to ride the train without feeling unsafe.

2.) Lack of good clubs and nightlife. There is wrigleyville and lincoln park-but they are quite a ways from where I live (loop area).

3.) The city dosen't feel very unique to me... It just feels like a rather larger prototypical U.S city...

4.) The women are only average at best, which is suprising for a place with so many people.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:40 AM

15,585 posts, read 27,424,611 times
Be gone troll.

Does the N.Y.C. tourism board pay you? It sure seems like it.

Last edited by Avengerfire; 07-04-2008 at 02:01 AM..

Old 07-04-2008, 01:53 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,143,288 times
Are u serious dud, their are some sexy women in Chicago. You must be lookin in the wrong places.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:54 AM

7,330 posts, read 15,314,691 times
We all have opinions, but if these are, from an intellectually honest point of view, yours? Your judgment is seriously flawed.

1) If you're a grown man and can't ride the train without feeling unsafe, you're a big giant pansy.
2) If your definition of good nightlife is Wrigleyville, get a cot in the back of John Barleycorn's and leave the rest of us out of it.
3) Prototypical? A prototype is, by definition, something that is original, and the standard on which others are based. It's everything after the prototype that is derivative.
4) The women I see are often beautiful. None of us can help that they avoid you. I think it's your negative attitude sending them running for the hills. (and there ain't many hills around....)

Old 07-04-2008, 04:29 AM

15,083 posts, read 20,392,732 times
No way!! I love Chicago. I don't live there but every time I visit I am blown away. Great architecture, history, things to see and do; Chicago has set the standard in many ways. And the women!! No way, you're crack smokin'...

~Mike (Los Angeles area native but much respect to Chicago!!)

Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,645,257 times
I've seen lots of nice women everywhere I've been. But I like women, I think they're darned near all nice.

Last edited by linicx; 12-10-2009 at 11:54 AM..

Old 07-04-2008, 10:11 AM

1,083 posts, read 3,707,864 times
1) The other riders on the el aren't really sending out death rays when they text.

2) Once you turn 21 there will be more clubs you can go to, I understand that the juice bars are dull.

3) Someday you will see other cities in person and realize this is not true. The reason Chicago reminds you of Gothan City is because the Batman movies were filmed here.

4) If you bathe the looks you get will improve. Expressions of disgust will mar the beauty of any woman. (it makes their noses scrunch up and lips curl).

Last edited by Anthera; 07-04-2008 at 11:45 AM..

Old 07-04-2008, 10:38 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,501,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
I've seen lots of nice women everywhere I've been. But I like women, I think they're damned near all nice.
Amen bruv.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:24 PM

5,523 posts, read 13,883,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
We all have opinions, but if these are, from an intellectually honest point of view, yours? Your judgment is seriously flawed.

1) If you're a grown man and can't ride the train without feeling unsafe, you're a big giant pansy.
2) If your definition of good nightlife is Wrigleyville, get a cot in the back of John Barleycorn's and leave the rest of us out of it.
3) Prototypical? A prototype is, by definition, something that is original, and the standard on which others are based. It's everything after the prototype that is derivative.
4) The women I see are often beautiful. None of us can help that they avoid you. I think it's your negative attitude sending them running for the hills. (and there ain't many hills around....)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthera View Post
1) The other riders on the el aren't really sending out death rays when they text.

2) Once you turn 21 there will be more clubs you can go to, I understand that the juice bars are dull.

3) Someday you will see other cities in person and realize this is not true. The reason Chicago reminds you of Gothan City is because the Batman movies were filmed here.

4) If you bathe the looks you get will improve. Expressions of disgust will mar the beauty of any woman. (it makes their noses scrunch up and lips curl).
Ha, ha, ha. Too funny. +1 for both of you.

Old 12-09-2009, 05:04 PM

2 posts, read 2,948 times
-cold and blustery winters with blizzard conditions at times

-living spaces are smaller for the price you pay

-expensive. expect everything from toilet paper to gourmet meals at high end restaurants to be the same...expensive. you have to travel far sometimes for a deal or to avoid high taxes.

-Houses/flats can be very close together. It will be like living on a shelf at the library

-after a bit of time the local politics will bother you

-parking is insane

-quite a few homeless and dealers walking the streets, but they are usually harmless

-traffic is a total mess at times and it can take forever to get from point A to point B

-people can be more impatient and/or cynical to the point of obnoxiousness

-underlying racial tensions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: