Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:40 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,097 times

Advertisements

Dang, I couldn't imagine waiting 2 or 3 trains to get a seat or get on. The only time I can't find a seat on the redline is on Friday or Saturday night from the loop to around Sheridan. Crazy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 01:55 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,208,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post
LOL, thinking I'd get a seat on the Blue line definitely was a plus in terms of moving closer to Belmont than Logan.
Yep. It was a big part of why we moved to Logan Square, my wife used to get on at Chicago, which was a nightmare. Things are still OK at the California stop, but the trains are definitely more crowded than they were a few years ago.

Quote:
If only the soon-to-be-too-hip-for-the-likes-of-me Revolution Brewing was a wee bit closer....
I can't wait for them to open. They're right by me. Longman and Eagle just opened this week, and they look pretty good. They're probably closer to you. I wish Small Bar was a little closer to me.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:16 PM

1,912 posts, read 5,443,343 times
Quote:
If only the soon-to-be-too-hip-for-the-likes-of-me Revolution Brewing was a wee bit closer....
One of their servers tipped me off that there will be a twenty-five dollar club. Buy a mug for $25 and get one free beer every time you bring it in. I am living within walking distance and cannot wait to cash that bad boy in a few times a week.

They are having their soft opening next week before the grand opening. It might be that last time it will be easy to get a table to nosh.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM

162 posts, read 458,483 times
That was a great article for me to get my hands on. I don't know much about Avondale (I've only been to Ñ but I really liked the atmosphere) but it seems like a pretty good location.

Many of my friends don't even know where it is, but I've actually been looking at places in that area and it looks like you can get a lot for your money.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:35 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
...If only the soon-to-be-too-hip-for-the-likes-of-me Revolution Brewing was a wee bit closer....
Oh please. That bar is going to be hipster central.
It will be similar to the way the Wicker Park location of the Holiday Club was for yuppies, but instead it will be for hipsters.

Last edited by linicx; 04-30-2010 at 10:52 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 02:40 PM

5,288 posts, read 8,875,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
Oh please. That bar is going to be hipster central.
It will be like the (Wicker Park location) Holiday Club was for yuppies but instead it will be for hipsters.
you know, you seem like a decent person, yet you have been whinier than my kid when it comes to *anything* involving Logan Square or Avondale.

nobody wants to hear you repeat yourself over and over, we get it, you don't like the neighborhood. save us all the trouble of having to read that ad nauseum.

btw I know Josh Deth, and this is going to be a great place, that guy knows beer.

will it be overly packed? sure.

containing a healthy poseur crowd? sadly, yes.

but as long as they don't spill my beer, I'll live.

Last edited by linicx; 04-30-2010 at 10:55 AM..

Old 01-20-2010, 03:02 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,597,919 times
Quote:
...yet you have been whinier than my kid when it comes to *anything* involving Logan Square or Avondale.

nobody wants to hear you repeat yourself over and over, we get it, you don't like the neighborhood...
I never said I do not like Avondale or Logan Square. It would be a lie to deny there are certainly portions of both that are very shady and crap.

There are many businesses in each I have frequented over the years. In fact, I once lived in Irving Park very close to the border with Avondale and was in Avondale VERY frequently for a period of time.

You must be selectively reading my posts and picking out the ones you do not like. I have recommended both neighborhoods and businesses in them to people on here many times.

I call things like they are. I do not gloss over anything.

It is funny, people on here get away with ripping places like Lake View and Lincoln Park all the time. They generalize everyone in them as yuppie,trust-fund kids,fratboys,elite rich people,snobs,transplants,and culture lacking morons.

But god forbid if someone criticizes the hipsters or their preferred neighborhoods.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:12 PM

527 posts, read 1,244,576 times
Default ha!

Attrill you apparently live right next to me. Kudos. I am also extremely excited about Rev Brewing, but I also love Bar Logan, I guess I will just go out twice as much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attrill View Post
Yep. It was a big part of why we moved to Logan Square, my wife used to get on at Chicago, which was a nightmare. Things are still OK at the California stop, but the trains are definitely more crowded than they were a few years ago.

I can't wait for them to open. They're right by me. Longman and Eagle just opened this week, and they look pretty good. They're probably closer to you. I wish Small Bar was a little closer to me.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:14 PM

527 posts, read 1,244,576 times
Default Wow

Are you kidding me, I will have a belt made for holding said 25 dollar mugs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by surlycue View Post
One of their servers tipped me off that there will be a twenty-five dollar club. Buy a mug for $25 and get one free beer every time you bring it in. I am living within walking distance and cannot wait to cash that bad boy in a few times a week.

They are having their soft opening next week before the grand opening. It might be that last time it will be easy to get a table to nosh.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:36 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
I'm seeing it happening in drips and drabs on the northeast side of the Kennedy. The part southwest of the Kennedy is still a bit of a basketcase.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago