Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2010, 05:39 PM

1 posts, read 6,070 times

Advertisements

I currently reside in the Far south suburbs of Chicago and I currently work at the House of Blues downtown, does anybody know of any parking lots or spots where I can park and hop on the red line? I know Metra has paylots and what not but Metra's schedule does not work with mine, their last train out is at 12:55 am and for most weekend shows I do not get out that early from work. I parked at Jewel parking lot on 87th last week, during the day, and coming off the red line I had to go through what seemed like a street fair of people selling weed out in the open. I do not feel like for those nights where I get out of work late it will be the safest idea for me to be walking to that parking lot. any other suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 06:38 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,073,774 times
No.
87th is probably the least sketchy stop until 35th, and as you point out 87th is a bit of a stretch at that hour. I wouldn't park late night anywhere south of 35th.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsam83 View Post
I currently reside in the Far south suburbs of Chicago and I currently work at the House of Blues downtown, does anybody know of any parking lots or spots where I can park and hop on the red line? I know Metra has paylots and what not but Metra's schedule does not work with mine, their last train out is at 12:55 am and for most weekend shows I do not get out that early from work. I parked at Jewel parking lot on 87th last week, during the day, and coming off the red line I had to go through what seemed like a street fair of people selling weed out in the open. I do not feel like for those nights where I get out of work late it will be the safest idea for me to be walking to that parking lot. any other suggestions???

Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,848,992 times
I've parked at 87th to attend Sox games several times. Actually, I researched the issue for awhile before deciding to park there; I asked on another forum and was told bluntly "do not park anywhere along the Ryan south of 35th" but invariably that advice came from people in Winnetka and the like. I tried 87th and liked it. There's a lot of people who park there but I'll admit I haven't been there at night.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:35 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,097 times
A ton of people park on S. Wentworth right now and then catch the red line at the 35th st. station. It's good and well now, but as soon as baseball season hits, that whole zone becomes a no park zone, I believe. That doesn't fly to well with your needing to be back at odd hours.

Old 01-27-2010, 09:59 PM

1,966 posts, read 6,073,774 times
I've been to 87th and the Dan Ryan at night many times and I don't live in Winnetka. Don't be naive: there are quite a few characters around there late and, while most of the time nothing will happen, establishing a pattern of taking the last L and walking to your car nightly isn't smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
I've parked at 87th to attend Sox games several times. Actually, I researched the issue for awhile before deciding to park there; I asked on another forum and was told bluntly "do not park anywhere along the Ryan south of 35th" but invariably that advice came from people in Winnetka and the like. I tried 87th and liked it. There's a lot of people who park there but I'll admit I haven't been there at night.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:21 PM

2,418 posts, read 6,253,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajolotl View Post
I've been to 87th and the Dan Ryan at night many times and I don't live in Winnetka. Don't be naive: there are quite a few characters around there late and, while most of the time nothing will happen, establishing a pattern of taking the last L and walking to your car nightly isn't smart.
Seriously. There is no way I'm going to be mulling about West Chatham around the L station that late. F that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago