Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 05:40 PM

4,069 posts, read 7,315,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyface911 View Post
It's inhabitants? Well, I'm not used to a big city that is a mixed bag of people all from the same place. I met people from Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Idaho, and the ever exotic and interesting Suburbs.
Yeah, I've met many people here who were from those places (except Idaho -- can't recall anyone from there, or did you mean Ohio?). I've also met people from NYC, Boston, California, Seattle, North Carolina, Arkansas, the UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Poland, Australia, Mexico, India, Taiwan, Thailand, South Vietnam, and the Phillippines... and I'm sure I left a few places out.

Just sayin'.

Old 01-30-2010, 05:53 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,829,292 times
Monkey,

We here in Chicagoland wish you the best. We know how much you dislike our city. Therefore...strictly for your happiness.....we wish you your fondest wish: that you will never set foot or live here again the rest of your life.

We don't want you to go away mad. We just want you to go away.

Since New York, San Francisco, and godknowshowmanyother cities are so much better than Chicago, may I suggest you go on their boards, extoll their virtues, and avoid rubbing it in to us miserable Chicagoans who are stuck with such a hell hole of a city you describe to suffer our thankless fate without you adding insult to our already incredible injury.

Have a happy nonchicago, Monkey; life is too short: enjoy the elsewhere.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:12 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,660,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Monkey,

We here in Chicagoland wish you the best. We know how much you dislike our city. Therefore...strictly for your happiness.....we wish you your fondest wish: that you will never set foot or live here again the rest of your life.

We don't want you to go away mad. We just want you to go away.

Since New York, San Francisco, and godknowshowmanyother cities are so much better than Chicago, may I suggest you go on their boards, extoll their virtues, and avoid rubbing it in to us miserable Chicagoans who are stuck with such a hell hole of a city you describe to suffer our thankless fate without you adding insult to our already incredible injury.

Have a happy nonchicago, Monkey; life is too short: enjoy the elsewhere.
edsg, honey, you're saying reasonable things to a person who is, in all likelihood, a 45 year old man with pigtails and smeared lipstick typing angrily in a basement.

We can only hope he's wearing clothing.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:24 PM

3,396 posts, read 7,210,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT28107 View Post
Nah. In Chicago, 5 would offer to help and 5 would stand around and laugh.
I think you would have someone helping you up instantly, but they'd also be telling you to get a better pair of shoes and keep your eyes open for ice as they helped you up.

I don't think anyone would laugh, most people would help or wouldn't even notice.

Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 PM

988 posts, read 3,254,760 times
Fill in the blank:__________________ is a great place to visit, awful place to live. I think people say that about every large city(NYC, LA, etc) Touche.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latikeriii View Post
Fill in the blank:__________________ is a great place to visit, awful place to live. I think people say that about every large city(NYC, LA, etc) Touche.
LA is both a terrible place to visit and live.

Old 01-30-2010, 08:56 PM

102 posts, read 332,662 times
Quote:
The only people who love Chicago are those who grew up there and that kind of miserable way of life is all they know.
Truly? Because I'm not from Chicago and I love this city. Maybe you shouldn't speak for people you haven't even met.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:25 PM

5 posts, read 19,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
Monkey,

us miserable Chicagoans who are stuck with such a hell hole of a city you describe to suffer our thankless fate without you adding insult to our already incredible injury.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you.
Did someone get a daddy longlegs on his dingle dangle?

Old 01-30-2010, 09:32 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times
This anti-Chicago stuff is getting very old. By now we should all know that when you live in a huge metro area such as Chicago you can have many different feelings or experiences. In certain areas you can feel like you are in New York City and other areas of metro Chicago you can get the small town feel all while being close to Chicago. Their isn't just one Chicago feel for the whole area unlike Omaha where the whole area feels like well Omaha. Not ragging on small cities but just saying that in large metro areas if you cannot find a lifestyle that fits you then you need to get your head checked. Smaller cities only offer their feel and cannot offer many different type of living experiences like a Chicagoland can. All of the city of Chicago doesn't feel like downtown or the south side and if one has ever been to Jefferson Park they would know that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago