Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:45 PM

269 posts, read 717,351 times

Advertisements

DePaul is a great choice. I went there for undergrad and absolutely loved it. Might be because I'm very liberal and was a History and Political Science Major. I would have went there for Law School, but Loyola's facilities are much much nicer. The rankings were not an issue, they are basically the same in terms of prestige.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 03:11 PM

165 posts, read 372,109 times
I am a grad student in my last year at DePaul. I am going to miss it. It's a great school

Old 02-11-2010, 12:44 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,789,833 times
The undergrads at DePaul sure seem to have a good time. There are not that many relatively affordable small private schools anywhere that offer the lifestyle choices that DePaul does. Both the Lincoln Park Campus and the Downtown Campus are in ammenity-rich areas with LOTS to do.

Old 02-11-2010, 03:20 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
DePaul is a good school, everyone I know who goes there likes it. I do know of a few people, though, who have been mugged outside one of the campus' (Downtown I believe) Not a bad part of town, but not as good as others.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:03 PM

269 posts, read 717,351 times
Dude, the downtown campus is at State & Jackson, thats hardly an even somewhat rough part of town.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:14 PM

165 posts, read 372,109 times
I attend the downtown campus. I have never seen or heard of any muggings. The worst thing that happens is we get a lot of homeless hanging out on the benches in front of Barnes & Nobles, and they ask for money and cigarettes.

That's about all I have seen.

Old 02-11-2010, 04:24 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet123 View Post
Dude, the downtown campus is at State & Jackson, thats hardly an even somewhat rough part of town.
I never said it was rough. Everything I said was factual.

Old 02-11-2010, 11:40 PM

361 posts, read 1,087,939 times
DePaul sucked for me. What a terrible waste of money. The smartest thing I ever did at DePaul was drop out. It was full of spoiled brats from the suburbs and other ho-bunk parts of the mid-west who drive BMW's bought by their parents. To top it off, they then get this huge ego cause they are now in the "big city" and think their crap don't stink. I fealt like I was wasting time there. Every kid I had met there had no direction in their life and just kinda shrugged their sholders at whatever major they were pursuing. It was like going to school with robots. I had a few friends who also left in their first year. Many pointless, stupid classes. Felt like a scam. You'll either love it or hate it. If you're new to Chicago and the city, you will probably love it. Most locals I knew who went though, hated it, such as myself.

Old 02-12-2010, 06:04 AM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,191 times
I went there for undergrad and finished that in 04. I just recently applied for grad school where I will take most classes online. It was a great time for me and I enjoyed most of my professors. But then again, I went to night classes with other adults so that may make a difference. Didn't really care about socializing with the youngins. The only thing I didn't like were the required religion courses but you get through them.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:16 AM

18 posts, read 55,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtParkShiner View Post
DePaul sucked for me. What a terrible waste of money. The smartest thing I ever did at DePaul was drop out. It was full of spoiled brats from the suburbs and other ho-bunk parts of the mid-west who drive BMW's bought by their parents. To top it off, they then get this huge ego cause they are now in the "big city" and think their crap don't stink. I fealt like I was wasting time there. Every kid I had met there had no direction in their life and just kinda shrugged their sholders at whatever major they were pursuing. It was like going to school with robots. I had a few friends who also left in their first year. Many pointless, stupid classes. Felt like a scam. You'll either love it or hate it. If you're new to Chicago and the city, you will probably love it. Most locals I knew who went though, hated it, such as myself.

Do you guys think this applies to grad school? I feel like most people who enter grad school know what they want to do and are a more serious about it than undergrad study. It appears that most of my classes will be offered in the evenings and I am assuming with more of an older crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago