Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 01:15 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,345,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
"Three people were shot this afternoon in Chicago's West Town neighborhood.The victims were shot about noon in the 1700 block of West Erie Street and were being evaluated by emergency personnel on the scene, Chicago Fire Department spokesman Quention Curtis said at 12:13 p.m...."

3 shot in West Town - Chicago Breaking News (http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010/05/3-shot-in-west-town.html - broken link)
possible murder-suicide. very sad, but not really an indication of a neighborhood's safety so not much of a concern as random violence is
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,612,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
possible murder-suicide. very sad, but not really an indication of a neighborhood's safety so not much of a concern as random violence is
Yeah well the first report I posted did not mention the muder/suicide angle.

Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 PM

45 posts, read 112,100 times
Can't believe the murder suicide. A friend of mine just moved a block east of Ashland (literally a block or two from where that happened).

Crazy domestic stuff like that happens everywhere. UK Village is an awesome neighborhood. I live literally right where you're looking at moving to (about a block north of Chicago Ave on Hoyne), and I love the neighborhood.

Like everyone else said, getting to the blue line can be a pain, but if you leave at the right time, it's actually awesome. All winter I took the chicago bus to the chicago blue line stop to get to work, and if I left between 8:15-8:45, I either had to cram into a train car or wait for the next one to be able to get on. But, if I left a little earlier, like 7:30-8:00 or later even, like 9:00-9:15, it wasn't bad at all. The commute would take 25 min if the bus/train were timed perfectly, or could take up to 40 min if I had to wait for a few trains to go by and miss-timed the chicago bus. Now that it's nice out, I just ride my bike and get downtown in 15-20 min.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: