U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 08:03 PM

15,335 posts, read 22,573,429 times

Advertisements

Paying a little extra for your shoes is worth it. I have a few pairs of To Boot New York shoes - so comfortable and I've had one pair for about four years now and another for almost 3 now. The one that's three years old, I wore the soles down since I dance a lot on them, but the other ones didn't need to have that done. I wear them everywhere - I even wore them once to Lollapalooza the day it had a torrential downpour twice and water was up to everyone's ankles (a few years ago). Everyone was complaining how their shoes got ruined. I set mine out to dry for a few days and they're still fine and very comfortable.

The shoes are really good - right away they're comfortable and you feel like you've been walking in them for ages. I think they sell for around $300 regularly at a place like Nordstrom or Bloomingdales but I'm pretty sure you could get them for under $200 in various sales.

To Boot New York 'Ross' Slip-On | Nordstrom
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 08:37 AM

31,848 posts, read 16,189,941 times
Look for Belvedere shoes at places like Men's Warehouse. Very comfortable and they last.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:59 PM

11,973 posts, read 30,498,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
The shoes are really good - right away they're comfortable and you feel like you've been walking in them for ages. I think they sell for around $300 regularly at a place like Nordstrom or Bloomingdales but I'm pretty sure you could get them for under $200 in various sales.

To Boot New York 'Ross' Slip-On | Nordstrom
I have a stylish male friend who wears a LOT of these To Boot New York shoes and swears by them, but I never see them much lower than $300/pair.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:15 PM

7 posts, read 7,084 times
really good information given in the blog aboutmens dresses shoes online and will be useful in future.

Old 07-14-2014, 04:36 PM

15,335 posts, read 22,573,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
I have a stylish male friend who wears a LOT of these To Boot New York shoes and swears by them, but I never see them much lower than $300/pair.
He knows his stuff then - they are great. Seriously - my next pair of shoes like that will be TBNY. If you follow the link I showed above, it says "Now $198." My first pair I got for I think $175 or $200 at a sale at Nordstrom. That was four years ago and they're still in great condition even though I wore them everyday for 2 years (including through the snow, rains, etc etc) and they survived being soaked in water for a few hours at Lollapalooza.

Old 07-24-2014, 01:48 AM

rellly nice piece of information provided as this kind of information is really useful to find a proper kind of shoes which will suit your foot and you can even find them online.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:12 PM

410 posts, read 464,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
Allen Edmonds are very well-made and durable. The problem is that they are quite conservative with their styling.
Not sure how that's a problem unless you expect more flair.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:26 PM

11,973 posts, read 30,498,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSunshineKid View Post
Not sure how that's a problem unless you expect more flair.
It's only a problem for some. For instance, the shape of their wingtip oxford might be a little rounder than you see from the more trendy brands. But they will never go completely out of style.

Old 08-15-2014, 04:23 AM

rellly nice piece of information provided as this kind of information is really useful to find a proper kind of shoes which will suit your foot and you can even find them online.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:34 AM

166 posts, read 245,083 times
Classic black leather bobby plachenko's. Done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: