Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2010, 03:07 PM

240 posts, read 386,574 times

Advertisements

Being the third child that wasn't expected or wanted, I would not be alive today if it wasn’t for him and a judgmental creator. Some women seem to think they are the only one who should have an opinion about choice. Maybe the ones who never had a name might have had one if they had a chance to express it. After all they were the one sacrificed for convenience, shame or maybe for their own good. Can death really be good? I hear people say they wish they were dead or had never lived but do they really mean it? Is it just an emotion they are feeling at the moment.?

Then there is the question of whether or not there is a creator and the retribution one would face for these decisions. I have my own doubts of the existence of the creator but can one really be sure? It is a question for each individual to decide and even the scripture says that we have free choice no matter the consequences you may face for it. You not only face punishment in the after life but also here and now because of other people’s belief. Isn’t that what the Islamists are doing? Trying to destroy us because they believe they are doing the creators work? Many people think we should destroy them for their beliefs and they doing the creators work. I think we should be leaving the decisions to him if you believe and not the evolved worms that believe we are in charge. Isn’t that what we are, evolved worms with specialized parts to inhance our ability to survive? A large brain to out think our enemies. An enhanced digestive system to process food better and muscles and bone to catch or escape as may be needed. I don’t have the answers, just an opinion and these are just thoughts that have occurred to me over time.

Every day is a blessing to me and I am thankful that I’m alive even though I didn’t have an easy childhood and growing up wasn’t a picnic. I’m satisfied with how things have ended up. I’ve married, raised a family that wasn’t subjected to the abuse that I suffered and I still have the same wife I started out with so I made a good decision about that. We worked hard for the things we have and now we’re looking forward to retirement in the coming years and the children and grandchildren have already been a joy in our life, so what I say is “Thank You Jesus”!

Old 07-18-2010, 04:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,598,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
Being the third child that wasn't expected or wanted, I would not be alive today if it wasn’t for him and a judgmental creator. Some women seem to think they are the only one who should have an opinion about choice. Maybe the ones who never had a name might have had one if they had a chance to express it. After all they were the one sacrificed for convenience, shame or maybe for their own good. Can death really be good? I hear people say they wish they were dead or had never lived but do they really mean it? Is it just an emotion they are feeling at the moment.?

Then there is the question of whether or not there is a creator and the retribution one would face for these decisions. I have my own doubts of the existence of the creator but can one really be sure? It is a question for each individual to decide and even the scripture says that we have free choice no matter the consequences you may face for it. You not only face punishment in the after life but also here and now because of other people’s belief. Isn’t that what the Islamists are doing? Trying to destroy us because they believe they are doing the creators work? Many people think we should destroy them for their beliefs and they doing the creators work. I think we should be leaving the decisions to him if you believe and not the evolved worms that believe we are in charge. Isn’t that what we are, evolved worms with specialized parts to inhance our ability to survive? A large brain to out think our enemies. An enhanced digestive system to process food better and muscles and bone to catch or escape as may be needed. I don’t have the answers, just an opinion and these are just thoughts that have occurred to me over time.

Every day is a blessing to me and I am thankful that I’m alive even though I didn’t have an easy childhood and growing up wasn’t a picnic. I’m satisfied with how things have ended up. I’ve married, raised a family that wasn’t subjected to the abuse that I suffered and I still have the same wife I started out with so I made a good decision about that. We worked hard for the things we have and now we’re looking forward to retirement in the coming years and the children and grandchildren have already been a joy in our life, so what I say is “Thank You Jesus”!
Welcome to the forum Profiler and thank you for a wonderful message...

Old 07-18-2010, 04:26 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,208,797 times
Quote:

Great post. Thank you.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:06 PM

75 posts, read 101,456 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing...and with you, I too am entering the retiring years and say 'Thank You Jesus'!

Keep studying the WORD! It will be a light for your feet.

Rkin

Old 07-19-2010, 08:19 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,650,986 times
Hi Profiler,

I'm a little confused by you saying you're not sure if you believe in a Creator, but then you're thanking Jesus.

Maybe you could elaborate??

Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Hi Profiler,

I'm a little confused by you saying you're not sure if you believe in a Creator, but then you're thanking Jesus.

Maybe you could elaborate??
I'm thanking Jesus as a man who was born into this corporal world just like the rest of us. Does that compute?

Old 07-20-2010, 05:37 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,650,986 times
Quote:
I'm thanking Jesus as a man who was born into this corporal world just like the rest of us. Does that compute?
No, it doesn't. Try again.

Old 07-20-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
No, it doesn't. Try again.
You said your were done, but it's really only half baked

Old 07-21-2010, 08:38 PM

64,058 posts, read 40,345,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOLFE13 View Post
It is obvious that you have a "i need to have the last word syndrome" leave it alone. You seem to be the only one who doesn't understand what profiler is saying. It seems to be a gift from Jesus that he saw the light in a wonderful family that loves him.
I suspect Ilene reads a different message underlying his words. He does not believe . . . but he is grateful that his mother did because she did not abort him. Either way . . . it seems to be a troll with a twist.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:53 PM

8,002 posts, read 12,313,277 times
This one's a wrap, folks!

THREAD CLOSED.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity