Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 AM

774 posts, read 1,861,910 times

Advertisements

There's a guy on the radio ... well... he's BEEN on the radio for years ... Brother Campi (forgive the spelling) who keeps insisting that the "Church Age" is over. I keep debating this issue over and over. Small Bible Study groups or churches that prey on your money and/or tell you to kill someone for this or that issue (usually a person or group that the super rich feels is in the way of their greed...).

I'm a truck driver and all over the country, I listen to Christian Radio. (Bot Radio most often gets picked up.)

For about 20-25 minutes I'll listen to this really wonderful, scholarly sermon, then, at the the last five or ten minutes, the minister or commentators will fiip it on you and start telling you why "God wants us to kill Muslims" or somebody else with oil underneath their bedrooms.

HEY! NoWHERE in the Bible do I see written that Jesus owned a single gun, knife, or sword. Forgive me if I'm wrong ... but didn't he say something about, "Loving your neighbor"??

No it's all this implied racism about Obama and "Progressives"! (Let's not begin to talk about Fox "News" and Rush Limbaugue.

These money-hungry people are turning people off on God. Perhaps Brother Campie has something about Satan ruling the churches in the Latter Rain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 05:49 AM

2,339 posts, read 4,410,822 times
Whatever you're listening to is not very healthy sounding. And if those money hungry people are making an honest living then so what?! Capitalism is what America is all about. I am struggling right now. I have no one to blame but myself for poor choices. But to answer your question, I'm sure most Christian radio is fine except for that one you are listening to!

Old 09-25-2009, 06:36 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,595,310 times
No different than Christian TV, there are good ones and very bad ones.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 09-25-2009 at 06:53 AM..

Old 09-25-2009, 06:42 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,799,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganwriter View Post
There's a guy on the radio ... well... he's BEEN on the radio for years ... Brother Campi (forgive the spelling) who keeps insisting that the "Church Age" is over. I keep debating this issue over and over. Small Bible Study groups or churches that prey on your money and/or tell you to kill someone for this or that issue (usually a person or group that the super rich feels is in the way of their greed...).

I'm a truck driver and all over the country, I listen to Christian Radio. (Bot Radio most often gets picked up.)

For about 20-25 minutes I'll listen to this really wonderful, scholarly sermon, then, at the the last five or ten minutes, the minister or commentators will fiip it on you and start telling you why "God wants us to kill Muslims" or somebody else with oil underneath their bedrooms.

HEY! NoWHERE in the Bible do I see written that Jesus owned a single gun, knife, or sword. Forgive me if I'm wrong ... but didn't he say something about, "Loving your neighbor"??

No it's all this implied racism about Obama and "Progressives"! (Let's not begin to talk about Fox "News" and Rush Limbaugue.

These money-hungry people are turning people off on God. Perhaps Brother Campie has something about Satan ruling the churches in the Latter Rain?
Who is this person - I googled him and found absolutely nothing. Do you have a link or something to point one to his ministry?
Something sounds off here.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:51 AM

240 posts, read 438,013 times
Default Amen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
No different that Christian TV, there are good ones and very bad ones.

that is so true some not all

Old 06-17-2010, 08:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,735 times
I have made a very conscious decision not to listen to BOT and find another christian radio. I stopped listening to them a year ago and stopped because of the political anti-democratic undertones of their program. The gospel is about Jesus...period. It is not about a political party. When ever we stray from this we are bound to get off track. There is right in wrong in all people regardless of their party. To try and paint any other picture is deceitful and not of Christ. I tried this week again to give BOT another chance because I have missed some of the great teachers that have programs on the broadcast. The ads and anti-democratic rhetoric are even more blatant and it is now clear that they are just acting as an extension of the GOP message. What a shame. Whether you agree with the speech is irrelevant. The platform for God should not be vehicle for political views be they democratic, republican or otherwise. You are right on the money.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:18 PM

8,186 posts, read 6,965,436 times
Just because something has the word "christian" attached to it doesn't necessarily mean it has anything at all to do wth CHRIST.
peace,
sparrow

Old 06-17-2010, 08:50 PM

64,028 posts, read 40,336,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Just because something has the word "christian" attached to it doesn't necessarily mean it has anything at all to do wth CHRIST.
peace,
sparrow
Amen, sparrow!

Old 06-17-2010, 09:24 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,410,880 times
I stopped listening to KTIS. I attend to Northwestern College, and as a student and a sister in Christ, KTIS... umm.. how would you put this... knows how to put on a good show for Christians. It's kind of hard explain the issue and what happened between KTIS and the student body who disagreed with them. Some are good and some are bad.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:02 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,039,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
peace,
sparrow
So true! So true. I refuse to listen to hate-talk radio. Sometimes that is what you will find on "Christian" radio. I can't endure the mixture of politics with religion - it is always toxic. My time is limited as it is - why would I want to listen to people preaching hate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity