Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 11:18 PM

494 posts, read 890,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleHeart View Post
Firstly I never said you were molested. Moderator cut: edit

Moderator cut: flame

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders
The gaping flaw in your reasoning is thus: idolaters, adulterers, prostitutes, etc are those things by choice. Gay men and women are BORN that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2010, 11:35 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occam's Bikini Wax View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
The man feels for alienating his family, and apparently his family means so much to him.

Why would he put them through social pain??

I won't publicly condemn homosexuals. I lust on women like everyone else. But I'm just going to stop at saying that it's just lust. I am unable to reconcile with the "born that way" ideology. Humans generate lust only in adolescence and pre-adolescence. It's a choice.

At least, they should show me the gay gene and the heterosexual gene and let's all go for happy hour.

Last edited by june 7th; 06-17-2010 at 09:01 AM..

Old 06-16-2010, 11:50 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I don't know why.. but I have a soft spot in my heart for the gay community. It wasn't always this way as I believe they were forever damned for almost 30 years but recently I have begun to see for myself that people are people.

I think a lot of it has to do with the attacks on gays from the christians who are told to love their enemies!

and here is a young man struggling yet all some post is how he will be burned forever for his own feelings!

Have some compassion christians! For God's sake show some compassion.

All the Christians should really watch this video on unconditional love.

YouTube - David - Gay Son & Family Restoration
Wonderful! So glad I watched this!
Heartsong

Old 06-17-2010, 12:35 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
The man feels for alienating his family, and apparently his family means so much to him.

Why would he put them through social pain??

I won't publicly condemn homosexuals. I lust on women like everyone else. But I'm just going to stop at saying that it's just lust. I am unable to reconcile with the "born that way" ideology. Humans generate lust only in adolescence and pre-adolescence. It's a choice.

At least, they should show me the gay gene and the heterosexual gene and let's all go for happy hour.
I totally disagree!!! Lust is not a choice - and he isn't even talking about lust. He wants more than that - he said so. The lust part isn't even that important to him. And as for people being born that way - did you "decide" to be straight? I didn't. I was born that way. I had a huge crush on Michael J Fox when I was about 6 or 7 years old. I had my first little boyfriend when I was about 4. I didn't choose to like boys - I just always did. For people that think it's a choice - it seems to me that if you had to "choose" to be straight - then you are probably gay! Most people don't decide which sex they are attracted to. And humans don't only lust in adolescence and pre-adolescence. What utter nonsense! I still lust after my husband! I'm also in love with him - mind and body.
How would you like it if someone told you that in order for you to stay close to your family - you had to only have relations with other men. That in order for anyone to accept you - you had to be gay. Wouldn't like it - would you? Well, it doesn't work very well the othe way either.
Man, I told myself I wasn't going to respond to these posts. I just meant to offer my support. Dang it! I'll shut up now. I promise. Carry on.

Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Wonderful! So glad I watched this!
Heartsong

Wow, that was awesome!

Old 06-17-2010, 02:37 AM

10 posts, read 15,412 times
Peace is found in a personal, intimate, loving relationship with Christ. There is no doubt in my mind that He will guide you into all understanding with the things in this life you are struggling with. Get down on your knees and pray for answers to what's troubling your conscience. He loves you very very much. Trust Him, and no one else.

I will pray for God to bring you peace, love, joy, a transformed life, filled with His Spirit.

Thank You Father, Your the greatest!!!

Old 06-17-2010, 05:11 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
Who told you it's not a sin?
Who said it was? Some man-made book? Did God come here, stand directly in front of you and tell you it's a sin? Didn't think so. You read in a book, were told by other humans and believed every word that gays are not children of God and that they are sinners. Please ask God personally. He'll tell you differently. The soul is the real you and not the body. The body is only for this world. If ones soul is male or female now, it will be the same in heaven. The skin that the male or female wears is not who they are. The soul is who they are and if that means they are gay now, it really doesn't matter in the spirit world because the soul has no sexuality. It's what they do with the soul that matters. Gays can love as much as a straight. Love is all that matters to God. Didn't Big Brother tell us to Love one another? How can you love when you condemn another when you yourself are not perfect.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:03 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
What you wrote is not supported by the bible.

Sure it is.

Old 06-17-2010, 07:55 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,692 times
Quote:
What you wrote is not supported by the bible.
Actually, Jesus stated that we will "pay to the last farthing", meaning, all falsness will be eradicated including false beliefs. Very much in the bible that all will repent. We may not all end up in the Celestial heavens but we will all become free of sin. Some will be in the natural love heavens and others in the Divine Love (Celestial) Heavens.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:33 AM

595 posts, read 761,776 times
Quote:
And that's YOUR opinion and I do not agree with you. Many people hate the truth so much that they get angry when the truth is shared.

And do not be deceived... any gay man who refuses to repent, will never enter the kingdom of God. That is a biblical FACT!

Jesus spread so much truth that most people got so angry with Him that they wanted to kill him, and eventually they did. This is what the truth does to most people, it activated an anger in them that they even will lie to defend themselves and even make false accusations towards the person who is sharing the truth.

God created Adam and Even, not Adam and Steve.

For biblical texts regarding homosexuality, you can read the following passages: Genesis 19:1-11; Leviticus 18:22; 20:13; Romans 1:20-32; 1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:9-11; Jude 7.

Leviticus 18:22 Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable.

Leviticus 20:13 If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltiness is upon them.

God never changes, he is the same yesterday, today and forever. And DEATH will certaintly come to homosexuals who have refused to repent! That's what God says, so that is what will happen!

1 Corinthians 6:9 Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders.

Many gay men have deceptively convinced themselves that God is OK with their homosexuality and that they need not repent. Well the truth is... the bible contradicts that..and any gay man who has refused to repent will NEVER enter heaven. God calls this type of behavior DETESTABLE, Amen.
Just adding..
I have myself used too many people and things as excuses to sin. And even trampled on the Grace of God and still sinned. Oh, I am saved by grace, God will forgive me. God have mercy on my soul for this.
Father, Son, Holy Spirit--no sin, no separation. They are a complete united family and faithful to one another. They never go against one another, they are One. True Family.

Sin is separation and no peace.
Ephesians 6:1Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. 2"Honor your father and mother"—which is the first commandment with a promise— 3"that it may go well with you and that you may enjoy long life on the earth." 4Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord. Jesus never said following him would be easy. He has won Victory for us through his own suffering and death and resurrection. Victory in Jesus!

God Bless,
Mercy

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity