Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2010, 09:29 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times

Advertisements

First off - God knows what you need before you even pray for it.

Also, what are you praying for? - is it to be healed from some physical ailment? - if so where does God desire such in this world? - did not God say to lose your life in order to gain it?

Rather pray for MERCY!!!!!

I cannot overstate that enough - PRAY FOR MERCY!!!!!!!!! You are wicked! - you are in DEBT - ask for forgiveness and mercy and make sure you pursue His will if you want any chance of any answer to your prayers. If you think God has an interest in making you successful or healthy in this world then think again. Pursue His will first and as His Mercy dictates will you receive His abundant redemption and forgiveness. Put your mind on His Kingdom which is NOT of this world and ask for forgiveness per chance that He may provide MERCY while in this world.

I say this because I know so many are finding and searching for answers to their ailments and to those things that afflict them.

I TELL YOU THIS with PROMISE - if you are dieing right now and have the will to live and follow God natures of Love - then PLEAD for forgiveness NOW and you shall be given MERCY. It is a PROMISE that I believe the Lord gives. You can escape death if you haven't known. When you shall move from knowledge to desiring death then you shall no longer pray for its reprieve and surrender your soul.

Peace and love to you in Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2010, 07:56 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
First off - God knows what you need before you even pray for it.

Also, what are you praying for? - is it to be healed from some physical ailment? - if so where does God desire such in this world? - did not God say to lose your life in order to gain it?

Rather pray for MERCY!!!!!

I cannot overstate that enough - PRAY FOR MERCY!!!!!!!!! You are wicked! - you are in DEBT - ask for forgiveness and mercy and make sure you pursue His will if you want any chance of any answer to your prayers. If you think God has an interest in making you successful or healthy in this world then think again. Pursue His will first and as His Mercy dictates will you receive His abundant redemption and forgiveness. Put your mind on His Kingdom which is NOT of this world and ask for forgiveness per chance that He may provide MERCY while in this world.

I say this because I know so many are finding and searching for answers to their ailments and to those things that afflict them.

I TELL YOU THIS with PROMISE - if you are dieing right now and have the will to live and follow God natures of Love - then PLEAD for forgiveness NOW and you shall be given MERCY. It is a PROMISE that I believe the Lord gives. You can escape death if you haven't known. When you shall move from knowledge to desiring death then you shall no longer pray for its reprieve and surrender your soul.

Peace and love to you in Jesus Christ.
trettep i live in His grace, mercy and forgiveness , it's the only thing i know and acknowledge that i am work in progress of being changed into His likeness through beholding who He is .

I am a firm believer in that He lays things on our hearts to pray for (he gives us the desires of our heart) , i also believe we are often the answer to prayer especially to those who are hurting and in need.

God bless you brother

Old 06-20-2010, 03:48 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Acts 6:4
"But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."

1 Peter 4:7
The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.

Ephesians 6:18
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,

Matthew 26:41
" Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

James 5:15-16
15. and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.
16. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

Mark 1:35
In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there.

Luke 21:36
"But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Isaiah 56:7
Even those I will bring to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; for My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples."

Romans 12:12
rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Matthew 7:7
" Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 21:13
And He said to them, "It is written, ' MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER'; but you are making it a ROBBERS' DEN."

Matthew 21:22
"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Mark 9:29
And He said to them, "This kind cannot come out by anything but prayer."

Luke 2:37
and then as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the temple, serving night and day with fastings and prayers.

Luke 6:12
[ Choosing the Twelve ] It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God.

Luke 11:1
"It happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples."

Luke 18:1
Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose hear.

John 16:23
[ Prayer Promises ] " In that day you will not question Me about anything Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

Acts 1:14
These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

Acts 2:42
They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Romans 10:1
[ The Word of Faith Brings Salvation ] Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.

2 Corinthians 1:11
you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many.

Philippians 1:19
for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Colossians 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.

1 Timothy 2:1
[ A Call to Prayer ] First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,

1 Timothy 4:5
for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

1 Timothy 5:5
Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day.

Revelation 5:8
When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Revelation 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel's hand.

1 Samuel 1:27
" For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him.

1 Samuel 12:23
"Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by ceasing to pray for you; but I will instruct you in the good and right way.

1 Kings 13:6
The king said to the man of God, "Please entreat the LORD your God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored to me " So the man of God entreated the LORD, and the king's hand was restored to him, and it became as it was before.

2 Kings 6:17
Then Elisha prayed and said, " O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see " And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

2 Kings 6:18
When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, "Strike this people with blindness, I pray." So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

2 Kings 20:5
"Return and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, " I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD.

1 Chronicles 5:20
They were helped against them, and the Hagrites and all who were with them were given into their hand; for they cried out to God in the battle, and He answered their prayers because they trusted in Him.

2 Chronicles 7:14
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 32:24
In those days Hezekiah became mortally ill; and he prayed to the LORD, and the LORD spoke to him and gave him a sign.

Isaiah 38:5
"Go and say to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will add fifteen years to your life.

Job 42:10
The LORD restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the LORD increased all that Job had twofold.

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.

Psalm 6:9
The LORD has heard my supplication,The LORD receives my prayer.

Psalm 28:1
[ A Prayer for Help, and Praise for Its Answer. ] [ A Psalm of David. ]
To You, O LORD, I call;My rock, do not be deaf to me, for if You are silent to me, I will become like those who go down to the pit.

Psalm 32:6
Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found.

Psalm 102:17
He has regarded the prayer of the destitute and has not despised their prayer.

Psalm 120:1
[ Prayer for Deliverance from the Treacherous. ]
In my trouble I cried to the LORD, and He answered me.

Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you.

Jeremiah 29:7
' Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare.'

Jeremiah 29:12
'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

Colossians 1:3
We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Proverbs 15:8
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD,But the prayer of the upright is His delight.

Proverbs 15:29
The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.

Isaiah 1:15
"So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you; Yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen Your hands are covered with blood.

Proverbs 28:9
He who turns away his ear from listening to the law,Even his prayer is an abomination.

Jeremiah 7:16
"As for you, do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you.

Jeremiah 11:14
"Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not listen when they call to Me because of their disaster.

Jeremiah 14:11
So the LORD said to me, " Do not pray for the welfare of this people.

1 Peter 3:12
" FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE TOWARD THE RIGHTEOUS,AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER,BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL."

Old 06-20-2010, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
trettep i live in His grace, mercy and forgiveness , it's the only thing i know and acknowledge that i am work in progress of being changed into His likeness through beholding who He is .

I am a firm believer in that He lays things on our hearts to pray for (he gives us the desires of our heart) , i also believe we are often the answer to prayer especially to those who are hurting and in need.

God bless you brother
Great post pcamps!

Old 06-20-2010, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Acts 6:4
"But we will devote ourselves to prayer and to the ministry of the word."

1 Peter 4:7
The end of all things is near; therefore, be of sound judgment and sober spirit for the purpose of prayer.

Ephesians 6:18
With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints,

Matthew 26:41
" Keep watching and praying that you may not enter into temptation; the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."

James 5:15-16
15. and the prayer offered in faith will restore the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up, and if he has committed sins, they will be forgiven him.
16. Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.

Mark 1:35
In the early morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house, and went away to a secluded place, and was praying there.

Luke 21:36
"But keep on the alert at all times, praying that you may have strength to escape all these things that are about to take place, and to stand before the Son of Man."

Isaiah 56:7
Even those I will bring to My holy mountain and make them joyful in My house of prayer their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be acceptable on My altar; for My house will be called a house of prayer for all the peoples."

Romans 12:12
rejoicing in hope, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer,

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;

Philippians 4:6
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

Matthew 7:7
" Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

Matthew 21:13
And He said to them, "It is written, ' MY HOUSE SHALL BE CALLED A HOUSE OF PRAYER'; but you are making it a ROBBERS' DEN."

Matthew 21:22
"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive."

Mark 9:29
And He said to them, "This kind cannot come out by anything but prayer."

Luke 2:37
and then as a widow to the age of eighty-four. She never left the temple, serving night and day with fastings and prayers.

Luke 6:12
[ Choosing the Twelve ] It was at this time that He went off to the mountain to pray, and He spent the whole night in prayer to God.

Luke 11:1
"It happened that while Jesus was praying in a certain place, after He had finished, one of His disciples said to Him, "Lord, teach us to pray just as John also taught his disciples."

Luke 18:1
Now He was telling them a parable to show that at all times they ought to pray and not to lose hear.

John 16:23
[ Prayer Promises ] " In that day you will not question Me about anything Truly, truly, I say to you, if you ask the Father for anything in My name, He will give it to you.

Acts 1:14
These all with one mind were continually devoting themselves to prayer, along with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

Acts 2:42
They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.

Romans 10:1
[ The Word of Faith Brings Salvation ] Brethren, my heart's desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation.

2 Corinthians 1:11
you also joining in helping us through your prayers, so that thanks may be given by many persons on our behalf for the favor bestowed on us through the prayers of many.

Philippians 1:19
for I know that this will turn out for my deliverance through your prayers and the provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,

Colossians 4:12
Epaphras, who is one of your number, a bondslave of Jesus Christ, sends you his greetings, always laboring earnestly for you in his prayers, that you may stand perfect and fully assured in all the will of God.

1 Timothy 2:1
[ A Call to Prayer ] First of all, then, I urge that entreaties and prayers, petitions and thanksgivings, be made on behalf of all men,

1 Timothy 4:5
for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer.

1 Timothy 5:5
Now she who is a widow indeed and who has been left alone, has fixed her hope on God and continues in entreaties and prayers night and day.

Revelation 5:8
When He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one holding a harp and golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Revelation 8:4
And the smoke of the incense, with the prayers of the saints, went up before God out of the angel's hand.

1 Samuel 1:27
" For this boy I prayed, and the LORD has given me my petition which I asked of Him.

1 Samuel 12:23
"Moreover, as for me, far be it from me that I should sin against the LORD by ceasing to pray for you; but I will instruct you in the good and right way.

1 Kings 13:6
The king said to the man of God, "Please entreat the LORD your God, and pray for me, that my hand may be restored to me " So the man of God entreated the LORD, and the king's hand was restored to him, and it became as it was before.

2 Kings 6:17
Then Elisha prayed and said, " O LORD, I pray, open his eyes that he may see " And the LORD opened the servant's eyes and he saw; and behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha.

2 Kings 6:18
When they came down to him, Elisha prayed to the LORD and said, "Strike this people with blindness, I pray." So He struck them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

2 Kings 20:5
"Return and say to Hezekiah the leader of My people, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, " I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD.

1 Chronicles 5:20
They were helped against them, and the Hagrites and all who were with them were given into their hand; for they cried out to God in the battle, and He answered their prayers because they trusted in Him.

2 Chronicles 7:14
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

2 Chronicles 32:24
In those days Hezekiah became mortally ill; and he prayed to the LORD, and the LORD spoke to him and gave him a sign.

Isaiah 38:5
"Go and say to Hezekiah, 'Thus says the LORD, the God of your father David, "I have heard your prayer, I have seen your tears; behold, I will add fifteen years to your life.

Job 42:10
The LORD restored the fortunes of Job when he prayed for his friends, and the LORD increased all that Job had twofold.

Psalm 5:3
In the morning, O LORD, You will hear my voice;In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.

Psalm 6:9
The LORD has heard my supplication,The LORD receives my prayer.

Psalm 28:1
[ A Prayer for Help, and Praise for Its Answer. ] [ A Psalm of David. ]
To You, O LORD, I call;My rock, do not be deaf to me, for if You are silent to me, I will become like those who go down to the pit.

Psalm 32:6
Therefore, let everyone who is godly pray to You in a time when You may be found.

Psalm 102:17
He has regarded the prayer of the destitute and has not despised their prayer.

Psalm 120:1
[ Prayer for Deliverance from the Treacherous. ]
In my trouble I cried to the LORD, and He answered me.

Psalm 122:6
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: May they prosper who love you.

Jeremiah 29:7
' Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the LORD on its behalf; for in its welfare you will have welfare.'

Jeremiah 29:12
'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

Colossians 1:3
We give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Proverbs 15:8
The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the LORD,But the prayer of the upright is His delight.

Proverbs 15:29
The LORD is far from the wicked, But He hears the prayer of the righteous.

Isaiah 1:15
"So when you spread out your hands in prayer, I will hide My eyes from you; Yes, even though you multiply prayers, I will not listen Your hands are covered with blood.

Proverbs 28:9
He who turns away his ear from listening to the law,Even his prayer is an abomination.

Jeremiah 7:16
"As for you, do not pray for this people, and do not lift up cry or prayer for them, and do not intercede with Me; for I do not hear you.

Jeremiah 11:14
"Therefore do not pray for this people, nor lift up a cry or prayer for them; for I will not listen when they call to Me because of their disaster.

Jeremiah 14:11
So the LORD said to me, " Do not pray for the welfare of this people.

1 Peter 3:12
" FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE TOWARD THE RIGHTEOUS,AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER,BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL."

Thanks Latte'chic

Old 06-20-2010, 06:30 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,695,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Thanks Latte'chic
You're welcome....
The people need to hear and read what the scripture SAYS about "Prayer and what you need to know," according to our Lord God Almighty !

Prayer is a beautiful thing !!!
It is how our God communicates with us in all things according to life !! What is even more beautiful is seeing the prayer answered and seeing through that prayer the word of God coming to LIFE !!! Amen !!!

Last edited by Cyber Munchkin; 06-20-2010 at 06:39 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity