Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 11:19 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latte'Chic View Post
Who are we to believe, man or God ??? .....

Psalm 89:5
The heavens will praise Your wonders, O LORD;Your faithfulness also in the assembly of the holy ones.

1 Corinthians 3:17
If any man destroys the temple of God, God will destroy him, for the temple of God is holy, and that is what you are.

1 Peter 1:15-16
15. but like the Holy One who called you, be holy yourselves also in all your behavior;
16. because it is written, " YOU SHALL BE HOLY, FOR I AM HOLY."

2 Peter 3:11
Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,

Ephesians 1:4
just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him In love

Colossians 1:22
yet He has now reconciled you in His fleshly body through death, in order to present you before Him holy and blameless and beyond reproach--

2 Timothy 1:9
who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity,

Romans 12:1
Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship.

Jude 1:14
It was also about these men that Enoch, in the seventh generation from Adam, prophesied, saying, " Behold, the Lord came with many thousands of His holy ones,

Revelation 22:11
" Let the one who does wrong, still do wrong; and the one who is filthy, still be filthy; and let the one who is righteous, still practice righteousness; and the one who is holy, still keep himself holy."

It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 11:30 AM

63,803 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...yea...you just keep telling yourself that...o.k...?

...but I ask that anyone reading this who is seeking the heart of God and His truth...DO NOT believe this perverted lie.

To those of you who are babes in Christ, who are just beginning to seek God's truth...You are more than likely in a place where you really do not know the Word of God well enough to discern a lie when you read it, as it is twisted and mangled within the Truth...but so much has been added to it to make it say what the unbeliever wants it to say...in which none of it can be proved within Scripture...none of it. Oh, they will quote scripture all right, but it is out of context, it totally contradicts God's meaning of His Word. God's Word does not contradict Himself...and He said, "If you love me, keep my commandments"...and He said, "Those who say they love me and know me, and keepeth not my commandments is a liar and the truth is not in him."...and He said, "I hate worker's of iniquity."...and He said, "I will not allow sin into heaven." Pretty clear cut.

You will notice, they (the unbeliever's) will say, "...all will see their salvation, no matter if they lived a life of sin or not...that all will have a second chance AFTER they die to receive their salvation..." I say this to you...DO NOT!...again, DO NOT! believe a word of it...because if you do, you will find yourself right where those who proclaim such lies will be...separated from God for all eternity. IT IS WRITTEN.

They will come back to try and tell you that "all" means all...and "eternal" does not mean eternal...and they'll go off on this tangent to explain aionios...or whatever the heck all THIS DUNG is...saying it just means no beginning or no ending...or whatever the heck all THAT DUNG is...no matter...it's ALL DUNG!!! It's Satan speaking!!!

Before you die, you MUST be born again. Which means you must be changed into the character of Christ...and on the Day of the LORD...Judgement Day, when you find yourself standing in front of our King, Jesus Christ, let Jesus find you able to stand there before Him with confidence...and not shame...confident that you know, that He knows, that you lived your life in complete obedience to His Ten Commandments. IT IS WRITTEN.

They (unbeliever's) do not like this truth...because they do not want to have to observe the 4th Commandment, to keep the Sabbath holy unto God. The seventh day, Saturday, is the Sabbath Day...not any other day. Man changed the day, not God...IT IS WRITTEN. You MUST keep all ten of the commandments...not adding to them, nor taking away from them...just keep them just like they are. IT IS WRITTEN.

You are not expected to be able to accomplish this at the moment you first recieve the LORD into your heart...and you are NOT born again at the moment you first receive the LORD into your heart neither, but you ARE saved at that point, if you received the LORD with a pure heart...and only He knows what state your heart was in on that day...or will be in when that wonderful day does occur. You see, there is a difference between being "saved" and receiving your "salvation"...two separate "things" altogether....and PLEASE understand this...you WILL NOT receive the gift of salvation if you die in your sins...you will not...IT IS WRITTEN.

There is a "process" of "...WORKING YOUR OWN SALVATION OUT with fear and trembling!"...growing and learning and maturing spiritually...falling...getting back up...brushing yourself off...and GOING FORWARD again and again. Through this process, you ARE NOT born again YET!...you haven't been truly changed into the character of Christ YET!...but that day will come...IF!...and I say again, IF! you allow the holy spirit to guide you and lead you in the "WAY", and in the "TRUTH", and in the "LIFE"...which is Jesus' way...into all truth...believing in His Word by faith...obedient faith, which teaches throughout the Bible to obey His commandments...all TEN of them...not nine, leaving out the Sabbath...the 4th Commandment...IT IS WRITTEN.

Do not believe a lie...live your life today as if today were the last day of your life...because you were not promised a tomorrow...and today could very well be your last day to decide who you will believe...man?...or God?...and if you do not know the heart of God and what His desire is for you...what His will is for you...get to seeking!!!...search with all of your heart for the truth! Your very life depends upon it.

In Christ's love..In His truth,
Verna.

Those that teach these lies, are running from Grace...please...run to Grace. God Bless you.
What an enormous pity to have such beautiful dedication and love of God and be so wrong about the true nature of God and His commandments . . . to "love God and each other." We will reap what we sow based on our works . . . but it has nothing to do with our eternal salvation. Jesus took care of that for us ALL. We simply need to resonate with Jesus in love and repentance to acquire the cover of His perfection . . . or we need to make sure we produce more "gold" than "hay" to withstand the refining fire of God.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What an enormous pity to have such beautiful dedication and love of God and be so wrong about the true nature of God and His commandments . . . to "love God and each other." We will reap what we sow based on our works . . . but it has nothing to do with our eternal salvation. Jesus took care of that for us ALL. We simply need to resonate with Jesus in love and repentance to acquire the cover of His perfection . . . or we need to make sure we produce more "gold" than "hay" to withstand the refining fire of God.
Psalm 30:1 I will extol thee, O LORD; for thou hast lifted me up, and hast not made my foes to rejoice over me.

2 O LORD my God, I cried unto thee, and thou hast healed me.
3 O LORD, thou hast brought up my soul from the grave: thou hast kept me alive, that I should not go down to the pit.
4 Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his, and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6 And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
7 LORD, by thy favour thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: thou didst hide thy face, and I was troubled.
8 I cried to thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made spplication.
9 What profit is there in my blood, when I go down to the pit? Shall the dust praise thee? shall it declare thy truth?
10 Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be thou my helper.
11 Thou hast turned for me my mourning into dancing: thou hast put off my sackcloth, and girded me with gladness;
12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to thee, and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give thanks unto thee for ever.
2 Corinthians 8:1 Moreover, brethren [obedient believer's], we [obdient believer's] do you [brethren] wit of the grace of God bestowed on the churches of Macedonia;
2 How that in a great trial of affliction the abundance of their [obedient believer's] joy and their [obedient believer's] deep poverty abounded unto the riches of their [obedient believer's] liberty.
3 For to their [obedient believer's] power, I bear record, yea, and beyond their [obedient believer's] power they [obedient believer's] were willing of themselves:
4 Praying us with much intreaty that we [obdient believer's] would receive the gift, and take upon us [obedient believer's] the fellowship of the ministry to the saints [obedient believer's].
5 And this they [obedient believer's] did, not as we [the Apostles] hoped, but first gave their [obedient believer's] own selves to the LORD, and unto us by the will of God.
6 Insomuch that we desire Titus, that as he had begun, so he would also finish in you the same grace also.
7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.
8 I speak not by commandment, but by occasion of the forwardness of others, and to prove the sincerity of your love.
9 For ye know the grace of our LORD Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich.
10 And herein I give my advice: for this is expedient for you, who have begun before, not only to do, but also to be forward a year ago.
11 Now therefore perform the doing of it; that as there was a readiness to will, so there may be a performance also out of that which ye have.
12 For if there be first a willing mind, it is accepted according to that a man hath, and not according to the he hath not.
13 For I mean not that other men be eased, and ye be burdened :
14 But by an equality, that now at this time your abundance may be a supply for their want, that their abundance also may be a supply for your want: that there may be equality:
15 As IT IS WRITTEN, He that had gathered much had nothing over; and he that had gathered little had no lack.

I will forever, in love, always, until I leave this earth, give freely, in love the knowledge that God has given to me to all who will hear and receive...THIS gold...THIS silver...THIS life saving treasure! It IS my love for each and every one of you that IS my driving force to procliam the Gospel of Jesus Christ!...In HIS truth, and HIS truth alone..it IS my honor and my purpose and my duty to God Himself to do so...I cannot, and I shall not ever be moved.

Always...In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
SATAN IS THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN.... ALSO THE SLANDERER AND A MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING -----------

In Revelation 12:10 Satan is referred to as "the accuser of our brethren." The word "accuse" is defined, "(1) to charge with, or declare to have committed a crime, (2) to find at fault; to blame . . ." (Webster 14). Do we have any examples of Satan accusing "our brethren before God" (Rev. 12:10)? Yes, we find such in Job 1:6-11; 2:1-6. Job was a good man! God himself testified to this fact. However, it did not matter to Satan. He accused Job anyway. Here we see a true picture of Satan as "the accuser of our brethren." Satan also tempts mankind. Hence, people can become "accusers of our brethren" and share in the devil's work. We see people carrying out the work of the devil in both testaments. Job's brethren falsely accused him (4:7-9). The Pharisees falsely accused Jesus (Matt. 12:22-24). Among the sins characteristic of the "last days" is that some will be "false accusers" (2 Tim. 3:3). If people can become false accusers, then brethren can become false accusers. The danger that brethren might partake in the devil's work evidences the need to be quick to listen and slow to speak.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
SATAN IS THE ACCUSER OF THE BRETHREN.... ALSO THE SLANDERER AND A MURDERER FROM THE BEGINNING -----------
In Revelation 12:10 Satan is referred to as "the accuser of our brethren." The word "accuse" is defined, "(1) to charge with, or declare to have committed a crime, (2) to find at fault; to blame . . ." (Webster 14). Do we have any examples of Satan accusing "our brethren before God" (Rev. 12:10)? Yes, we find such in Job 1:6-11; 2:1-6. Job was a good man! God himself testified to this fact. However, it did not matter to Satan. He accused Job anyway. Here we see a true picture of Satan as "the accuser of our brethren." Satan also tempts mankind. Hence, people can become "accusers of our brethren" and share in the devil's work. We see people carrying out the work of the devil in both testaments. Job's brethren falsely accused him (4:7-9). The Pharisees falsely accused Jesus (Matt. 12:22-24). Among the sins characteristic of the "last days" is that some will be "false accusers" (2 Tim. 3:3). If people can become false accusers, then brethren can become false accusers. The danger that brethren might partake in the devil's work evidences the need to be quick to listen and slow to speak.
Yes! Satan IS the accuser of the brethren!!!
Who IS the accuser of the brethren in Rev. 12...?

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil!, and Satan!, which deceiveth the whole world!: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11And they [obedient believer's/saints] overcame him [the Devil!] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; AND THEY LOVED NOT THEIR LIVES UNTO THE DEATH! 12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he [the Devil!] knoweth that he hath but a short time.

And who was Job to God...?

Job 1:
1There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil!

He WAS a "brethren"!...Why?...because he did the will of his Father in heaven!!! That's why!

...NEWS FLASH!!...A brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger that lives amongst the "BRETHREN" are....YES!...THOSE WHO DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER!..ONLY!!!...ONLY!!!...and that does not include anyone who lives in sin...or anyone who does not keep the Ten Commandments of God!!!...or anyone who teaches others that they ALL WILL SEE THEIR SALVATION>>>NO MATTER IF THEY DIE IN THEIR SIN OR NOT! If you do not live in the will of OUR FATHER, YOU are NOT considered a "brother" or a "sister" or a "neighbor" or a "stranger that lives amongst the "OBEDIENT, BELIEVING BRETHREN!...read it for yourself!...we've been here before..SO MANY TIMES!...Read it!!...

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother

...that does NOT include ANYONE who does NOT live in the will of OUR FATHER!

...and WHAT IS the will of OUR Father...?

1 Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to HIM! in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator!

You [in general] aren't Job...and you certainly aren't Jesus...and you [in general] are not a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger amongst the brethren if you [in general] do not live in the will of The Father...and you [in general] are not a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger that lives amongst the brethren if you [in general] teach people that they will still receive their salvation if they die in their sins!!!!!!!...and you [in general] are not a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger amongst the brethren if you [in general] teach ANYONE that they do not have to keep the Ten Commandments of God!<<<FOR THIS IS HIS WILL!

What is accusing YOU [in general] is not Satan accusing a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger that lives amongst the brethren...no!

What is accusing you [in general] who believe such lies is not an accusation of the brethren...it is condemnation from GOD! not me! toward the one that teaches lies. This is that what you [in general] feel in your heart when you [in general] hear the truth of God spoken to your ears. Praise God that it makes you [in general] uncomfortable and that it disturbes you [in general]...there is still hope for your soul if you [in general] would just admit that you [in general] are wrong...there is still hope for your soul.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:03 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Yes! Satan IS the accuser of the brethren!!!
Who IS the accuser of the brethren in Rev. 12...?

9And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil!, and Satan!, which deceiveth the whole world!: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. 10And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. 11And they [obedient believer's/saints] overcame him [the Devil!] by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; AND THEY LOVED NOT THEIR LIVES UNTO THE DEATH! 12Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he [the Devil!] knoweth that he hath but a short time.

And who was Job to God...?

Job 1:
1There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and eschewed evil!

He WAS a "brethren"!...Why?...because he did the will of his Father in heaven!!! That's why!

...NEWS FLASH!!...A brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger that lives amongst the "BRETHREN" are....YES!...THOSE WHO DO THE WILL OF THE FATHER!..ONLY!!!...ONLY!!!...and that does not include anyone who lives in sin...or anyone who does not keep the Ten Commandments of God!!!...or anyone who teaches others that they ALL WILL SEE THEIR SALVATION>>>NO MATTER IF THEY DIE IN THEIR SIN OR NOT! If you do not live in the will of OUR FATHER, YOU are NOT considered a "brother" or a "sister" or a "neighbor" or a "stranger that lives amongst the "OBEDIENT, BELIEVING BRETHREN!...read it for yourself!...we've been here before..SO MANY TIMES!...Read it!!...

Mark 3:35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother

...that does NOT include ANYONE who does NOT live in the will of OUR FATHER!

...and WHAT IS the will of OUR Father...?

1 Peter 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to HIM! in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator!

You [in general] aren't Job...and you certainly aren't Jesus...and you [in general] are not a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger amongst the brethren if you [in general] do not live in the will of The Father...and you [in general] are not a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger that lives amongst the brethren if you [in general] teach people that they will still receive their salvation if they die in their sins!!!!!!!...and you [in general] are not a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger amongst the brethren if you [in general] teach ANYONE that they do not have to keep the Ten Commandments of God!<<<FOR THIS IS HIS WILL!

What is accusing YOU [in general] is not Satan accusing a brother or a sister or a neighbor or a stranger that lives amongst the brethren...no!

What is accusing you [in general] who believe such lies is not an accusation of the brethren...it is condemnation from GOD! not me! toward the one that teaches lies. This is that what you [in general] feel in your heart when you [in general] hear the truth of God spoken to your ears. Praise God that it makes you [in general] uncomfortable and that it disturbes you [in general]...there is still hope for your soul if you [in general] would just admit that you [in general] are wrong...there is still hope for your soul.

Verna.
So much for loving others....

1 Cor. 13

1If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body that I may boast, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails....

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Sometimes the law of love is hard to keep as we can see by some of the posts on this thread.

If you have faith that can move mountains but have not love... you are nothing.

Vs. 3 just struck me as interesting considering what Jesus said to the rich man... take a look at this:

Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Mark 10:21)

Was Jesus pointing out that he really lacked love for the poor and destitute? If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body that I may boast, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1 Cor 13:3)

What is the one thing the rich man lacked?

Old 06-20-2010, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So much for loving others....

1 Cor. 13

1If I speak in the languages of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body that I may boast, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails....

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Sometimes the law of love is hard to keep as we can see by some of the posts on this thread.

If you have faith that can move mountains but have not love... you are nothing.

Vs. 3 just struck me as interesting considering what Jesus said to the rich man... take a look at this:

Jesus looked at him and loved him. "One thing you lack," he said. "Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Mark 10:21)

Was Jesus pointing out that he really lacked love for the poor and destitute? If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body that I may boast, but have not love, I gain nothing. (1 Cor 13:3)

What is the one thing the rich man lacked?
This is how much I love you...that I tell you the truth...

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

I am your friend...and I care deeply about the state of your souls...God knows my heart.
Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. (KJV)

What is the one thing the rich man lacked? you ask...?

He lacked the will to bear his cross [to suffer your flesh to it's lust's]...for an eternal reward. He was sorry that he couldn't lay hold of eternal life AND keep his wordly things as well...and he walked away...he chose NOT to follow Christ because that would mean he would have to let go of his worldly possessions, he chose his lusts for worldly things over Christ...Mt 6:24, Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Verna.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:23 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
This is how much I love you...that I tell you the truth...

Proverbs 27:6 Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

I am your friend...and I care deeply about the state of your souls...God knows my heart.
Mark 10:21 Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. (KJV)

What is the one thing the rich man lacked? you ask...?

He lacked the will to bear his cross [to suffer your flesh to it's lust's]...for an eternal reward. He was sorry that he couldn't lay hold of eternal life AND keep his wordly things as well...and he walked away...he chose NOT to follow Christ because that would mean he would have to let go of his worldly possessions, he chose his lusts for worldly things over Christ...Mt 6:24, Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Verna.
He lacked love for his fellow man. Notice that Zaccheus was also a rich man and was never told he had to give up his wealth...

So why did that other rich man have a cross to bear but the Chief Publican did not?

Love for his fellow man. They said that Jesus was dining with a SINNER, But Zacchaeus stood up and said to the Lord, "Look, Lord! Here and now I give half of my possessions to the poor, and if I have cheated anybody out of anything, I will pay back four times the amount."

He only offered to give half of his possessions to the poor...

Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost."

What is the difference between the two rich men?

It is not taking up your cross or sacrifices.... it is that the first rich man had no mercy for the poor even though it would not have hurt him to give to them... yet Zacchaeus valued the knowledge of God/Love more than all his riches and we see that he was only HALF willing but Jesus stated his household was saved by that very HALF effort.

Verna: Go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Seems that Love is the common denominator here. Once you realize that sinners are God's focus then you will also begin to learn the law of Love.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Verna: Go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

Seems that Love is the common denominator here. Once you realize that sinners are God's focus then you will also begin to learn the law of Love.
Kat...read and learn...

This explains the covenant that God made with them/us, and what the terms of this covenant are, that we should follow, to receive His favor and be accepted of Him.

He said, "...I desire mercy and not sacrifice...in other words He was saying (that is, rather than sacrifice)...He was insisting that we/they rely upon having the knowledge of God MORE than upon the burnt-offerings....that He is the rewarder of those who diligently seek Him...loving divine things...being guided by good judgement...which produces good conversation...that THIS IS THAT which God requires of them/us in His covenant...NOT only sacrifice...but sacrifice accompanied with the knowledge of God...and His mercy in us for our brother's and sister's in Christ.

Jeremiah 7:22,23 I spoke not to your father's concerning burnt-offerings (that was the smallest of the matters I spoke to them of, and on which the least stress was laid), but this I said, "Obey My voice,"...

Micah 6:

6 Wherewith shall I come before the LORD, and bow myself before the high God? shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves of a year old?
7 Will the LORD be pleased with thousands of rams, or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? 8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

He wants sacrifice to be accompanied with mercy and the knowledge of God...without this He despised them. They were looking for other gods...and this is mentioned here to show a difference between the God who they rejected and the gods they went to instead...their sacrifices to other gods were an abomination.

Isaiah 1:19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

Verna.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:36 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,193,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
In prayer, we behold Him. As we communion with Him in our hearts, He transforms us to His likeness. Some have closer communion that others, but we all have permission to enter the holy of holies. We hear Him, and we behold Him sometimes, too. And the joy it brings to the heart is unspeakable!!

Blessings,
brian
Beautiful, Brian. Thank you!

(tried to rep you. But, nope)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity