Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 05:30 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
I hope there is one thing we can all agree on;

None of us are, or will ever be, God.

(I still think Bacon is good though)
Well, I'm not a Christian but I agree that I'm not God!

I don't think that Bacon is good. I think that Bacon is divine!!! Just bought some today! The thick cut kind! YUM!!!

So far, after reading these threads, it doesn't seem that there is much that all Christians agree on. But hey - they don't all have the same favorite color, either! At least I don't think they do... That would be really freaky...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2010, 05:34 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,618,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
I try not to label myself a Christian, with that being said, i am a child of God, and through Him all things are possible.
He gave His one and only Son for me, He died for my sins.
You ask if there is one thing that all can agree on....its that we are all sinners. (just my opinion)
Hi Sunshineann,

Actually................some people who claim to be Christians also claim to be sinless. They are right here on this forum.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:51 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,333,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Well, I'm not a Christian but I agree that I'm not God!

I don't think that Bacon is good. I think that Bacon is divine!!! Just bought some today! The thick cut kind! YUM!!!

So far, after reading these threads, it doesn't seem that there is much that all Christians agree on. But hey - they don't all have the same favorite color, either! At least I don't think they do... That would be really freaky...
THE THICK CUT KIND

Awe man, you got my stomach making funny noises.

Old 06-21-2010, 05:52 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,779,241 times
that Jesus is Lord and Savior......

Old 06-21-2010, 06:00 PM

66 posts, read 75,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastcountryboy View Post
Sorry, I was a little vague.

I was responding to a post that referred to the belief in Jesus is a common denominator in christianity. I meant to point out that I also believe there was someone named Jesus, and that he was a great moral man but I don't have to be a christian to believe in him
u act like more of a christian than many people on this forum

Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
That He is JUDGE!! And when it's all said and done, He will give to each and everyone, just as we deserve.............................FINAL ANSWER! Don't need to phone a friend, if He said it, you CAN bank on it!

Old 06-21-2010, 07:23 PM

179 posts, read 289,441 times
As true Christians.........Everything!!!

But theres seems to be a competion on who is right/best/holy etc. ,
which is good.....as it shows the true identity of ones heart.

Old 06-21-2010, 07:34 PM

23,012 posts, read 34,370,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioanKid View Post
To be Christian, you have to believe that Jesus is your savior.

That's all. You don't even have to believe in God or any traditions or anything.

Now, belonging to an ACTUAL church is more complicated....
Not believe in God????
This Christian does not agree with that!!!

But I do love bacon!

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 06-21-2010 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: changed wording

Old 06-21-2010, 07:58 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
There are several problems that hinder Christianity.

1. The New Testament is pretty vague about the basic structure routine that Christians should follow
To demand a set routine you have to have a literalism/ legalistic interpretation of the Bible. (I attend a church with these views and it's a three ringed circus). It's like putting a puzzle piece together when you only have 20% of the pieces. There are only a couple of passages that indicate Christians should partake of the Lord's Supper on the First Day of the Week. Even vaguer is giving on the FDotW. If someone at the church I attend doesn't do these things every Sunday their butt will get disfellowshipped in a couple of weeks because of the passage about "forsaking the assembly". But what is the assembly?? If the church decides to have 4 services each day and I can't attend all of them am I sinning?

Having been at many bible studys with literalism views of the Bible I have still heard people come to the conclusion that no one opinion can clearly be reached on certain passages - doesn't that logically negate literalism?

2. It's hard to distinguish btw personal opinion and God's commands in the New Testament
^ Especially with Paul's writings. This leads to division over whether his sayings against women teachers are his opinion or God's law

Old 06-21-2010, 08:33 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastcountryboy View Post
Is there anything that all Christians can agree on? Is there any ONE thing that makes you a christian no matter whether you believe in ET, UR or something in between?
I would say that we can all probably agree that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Beyond that -- not that that is a minor thing, because it's not -- we don't seem to be able to agree on much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity