Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2011, 10:39 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times

Advertisements

I haven't been on this thread in a while and I really don't think I've posted anything but congrats to all of you on your new arrivals. I jsut love babies! They're the most awesome creatures! Would have loved to had more than the one I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I do too Ans. Chat threads serve a very useful purpose in these forums..

Just finished putting a sunbathing pool up..One of those 4x18 vinyl jobs..I love the water and the grands do too. I wanted an above ground pool 9because of the flooding problem)installed professionally but husband does not enjoy water or much of anything outdoors so of course it was out of the question..but any amt of water to enjoy is better than none as far as I am concerned..and the grands love it
Wish I could put one in my yard but the community where I live won't allow them up overnight. When my son was little, I put up one of the rubber ones and it became a pain after the first week. Haven't bothered with it since. Oh how I wish someone would buy my house so I can move to a place so that I can have a decent pool!! I am a major sunbather so gotta have one!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:34 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
I am a major sunbather so gotta have one!
Cancer rev...cancer!!

Old 05-22-2011, 02:43 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
I have always loved the sun, Rev..I can remember my mom (who was almost allergic to the sun} telling me I would ruin my skin..Should have listened But then I can't imagine a life without the warmth of the sun and a float in a pool of water somewhere with me dozing peacefully as my mind wanders to a thousand different places....

Skin Cancer? Yep, Rafius, I have to be very careful..Have had a couple cut out of my legs and many precancer cells frozen from my ole sun drenched body..

Old 05-22-2011, 02:56 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
I have always loved the sun, Rev..I can remember my mom (who was almost allergic to the sun} telling me I would ruin my skin..Should have listened But then I can't imagine a life without the warmth of the sun and a float in a pool of water somewhere with me dozing peacefully as my mind wanders to a thousand different places....

Skin Cancer? Yep, Rafius, I have to be very careful..Have had a couple cut out of my legs and many precancer cells frozen from my ole sun drenched body..
'Factor 15' is what you need.

Old 05-22-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Cancer rev...cancer!!
Yeah, I know. It just hasn't sunk in yet and I do enjoy it way too much. My mom had lung and breast cancer so I am at risk. I do have myself checked yearly though and I do eat healthy. (except for cookies and ice cream! Life is not life without those!! )

Old 05-22-2011, 03:48 PM

Quote:

I love reading in the sun!! For some reason, I find I can enjoy a book more there than just sitting on the sofa.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:20 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Given two straight weeks of rain, (with another week to follow) June just wishes we HAD some sun!

--But skin cancer is something to watch out for, for sure!

Old 05-22-2011, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Given two straight weeks of rain, (with another week to follow) June just wishes we HAD some sun!

--But skin cancer is something to watch out for, for sure!
We've also had tons of rain and the cold weather. Someone said it was spring but somhow, I don't believe them. It was finally a nice weekend but more rain on the way until mid week. I feel like a drowned rat!!!

Old 05-22-2011, 05:24 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
It got up t0 91 and plenty of sun today..Then around 5 pm it got dark and windy and the thunder rolled and the lightening struck..It has cooled off about 15 degrees, but the sun will shine again tomorrow

I am a summer person..Would move further south if it were possible

June,I hear it is beautiful in Spain!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity