Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 05:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times

Advertisements

I hope everyone can find a reason to celebrate during this time of year. Hate to think of anyone missing out on a chance to get together and party with friends, relatives and loved ones.

I'll celebrate two Christmases (being of Ukrainian heritage) but the past few years the winter solstice has come to mean as much, but in a quieter, more private sense of celebration.

In any event - I look forward to the season and wish all a happy and healthy time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 05:29 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,271,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I hope everyone can find a reason to celebrate during this time of year. Hate to think of anyone missing out on a chance to get together and party with friends, relatives and loved ones.

I'll celebrate two Christmases (being of Ukrainian heritage) but the past few years the winter solstice has come to mean as much, but in a quieter, more private sense of celebration.

In any event - I look forward to the season and wish all a happy and healthy time.
And a Merry (two!) Christmass's and happy winter solstice to you, TroutDude! Celebrating both sounds cool. Just out of curiosity, how do you go about celebrating the winter solstice?

Old 12-13-2013, 07:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
And a Merry (two!) Christmass's and happy winter solstice to you, TroutDude! Celebrating both sounds cool. Just out of curiosity, how do you go about celebrating the winter solstice?
Snowboarding, when not in the tropics!

Old 12-14-2013, 05:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
how do you go about celebrating the winter solstice?
Off to sunny Spain in January .

Old 12-14-2013, 11:31 AM

Jerwarde: Be careful out there snow boarding! Don't soar too high off those moguls, you Olympian, you!

Pcamps: Spain? What better time of year for a trip to Spain! Nice and warm over there!

It's currently a whopping 12 degrees where June is. And a snow storm heading our way. Just not ready for this....

Old 12-14-2013, 01:22 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Jerwarde: Be careful out there snow boarding! Don't soar too high off those moguls, you Olympian, you!

Pcamps: Spain? What better time of year for a trip to Spain! Nice and warm over there!

It's currently a whopping 12 degrees where June is. And a snow storm heading our way. Just not ready for this....
We're 8 degrees warmer here in RI but snow is falling and I have never walked so fast back from my regular Saturday watering hole( the BBC). Going to walk the my dogs on the shortest walk ever and its feet up soft pants and snuggie and snuggie slippers time.

Warmish not nice and warm, but better than shoveling snow Viva Espana

Old 12-15-2013, 07:06 AM

14 posts, read 15,178 times
Don't forget this life on earth is temporary, we are here for training.

Old 12-15-2013, 07:31 AM

First snowfall of the season.

Awoke to the predicted amount of at least 8 inches of white stuff, and temps are supposed to rise to the upper 30's today. HOW is it that it can go from 12 degrees to the upper 30's within 24 hours is simply beyond June's comprehension! (Clearly June's no climatologist!) Am about to go out and shovel, although am hoping that my next door neighbor will swing by with his snow blower to help with the driveway as he does each year to help June out. (He's been a lifesaver in the past when we've been hit with high accumulations, in knowing that it's just little ole June over here ever since June's son moved out and got his own apartment. A truly wonderful neighbor!) Wouldn't mind the snow quite as much if it was one of those nice sunny days that typically follow a major snow storm up here (although, quite frankly, 8 inches isn't all that "major" for us) but it's drab, overcast, gray, and just plain UGLY out there! YUCK!

But for the fact that June loves her house and the change of seasons, she'd contemplate moving....Just getting too darn old for this. (And June's not even "that old!" LOL!)

Old 12-17-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
We're 8 degrees warmer here in RI but snow is falling and I have never walked so fast back from my regular Saturday watering hole (the BBC). Going to walk the my dogs on the shortest walk ever and its feet up soft pants and snuggie and snuggie slippers time.

Warmish not nice and warm, but better than shoveling snow Viva Espana
British Beer and good food.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
First snowfall of the season.

Awoke to the predicted amount of at least 8 inches of white stuff, and temps are supposed to rise to the upper 30's today. HOW is it that it can go from 12 degrees to the upper 30's within 24 hours is simply beyond June's comprehension! (Clearly June's no climatologist!) Am about to go out and shovel, although am hoping that my next door neighbor will swing by with his snow blower to help with the driveway as he does each year to help June out. (He's been a lifesaver in the past when we've been hit with high accumulations, in knowing that it's just little ole June over here ever since June's son moved out and got his own apartment. A truly wonderful neighbor!) Wouldn't mind the snow quite as much if it was one of those nice sunny days that typically follow a major snow storm up here (although, quite frankly, 8 inches isn't all that "major" for us) but it's drab, overcast, gray, and just plain UGLY out there! YUCK!

But for the fact that June loves her house and the change of seasons, she'd contemplate moving....Just getting too darn old for this. (And June's not even "that old!" LOL!)
Tonight partly cloudy.
Lows around 25°F. Light wind.

The slopes are open for business!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity