Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2014, 05:44 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
RE: The bolded part above: Ah, Nate! You're such a sweetheart! "Thanks for sharing"!

No two piece bathing suit until 15 pounds go....

I'll take daffodils!!!

TD: Believe it or not, June's never had trout! Is June missing out on something good, or what?
Glad to see you take a breather with the liv...er...loons!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 06:48 PM

1,030 posts, read 840,181 times
Default Prayer request - bad weather

Please keep us in your prayers tonight. We have several tornado warnings in effect near us at this moment and this line of storms has produced tornadoes all day as they have been moving our way.

God bless and thanks

Old 04-28-2014, 07:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Please keep us in your prayers tonight.
Absolutely. I had been wondering if any of the 'regulars' were affected.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:17 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,168,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
...snip...

TD: Believe it or not, June's never had trout! Is June missing out on something good, or what?
You absolutely are - unless you don't like salmon-ish fish. Trout are very tasty. I like them cooked simply - either whole, if small, stream-caught fish - or filleted, if larger. I dredge them in a milk/egg mixture and then mush them around in seasoned bread crumbs before dropping them in a med/hot fry pan with a mix of butter and canola oil.

Enjoy with lemon (or vinegar if you're me) pepper and salt to taste.

Yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Don't feel bad, TD probably puts most of his back.
Yepper, Nate. I release over 90% of the fish I catch - table-worthy or not. But we don't do without either and I sometimes give fish to friends and family. I am grateful for every one I kill* and keep - and tell it so.

*Every fish destined for the table is killed quickly - within seconds of landing - and then put in an ice chest. I dislike the use of livewells and chains.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:32 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightly Divided View Post
Please keep us in your prayers tonight. We have several tornado warnings in effect near us at this moment and this line of storms has produced tornadoes all day as they have been moving our way.

God bless and thanks
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and to the rest of the people in these affected areas.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:12 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
You absolutely are - unless you don't like salmon-ish fish. Trout are very tasty. I like them cooked simply - either whole, if small, stream-caught fish - or filleted, if larger. I dredge them in a milk/egg mixture and then mush them around in seasoned bread crumbs before dropping them in a med/hot fry pan with a mix of butter and canola oil.

Yum.

TroutDude: Okay, you've convinced June! HOW in the dear Lord's name she could have lived all her life and NOT had trout is a mystery! Must be attributable to her non-fish liking mother, so the therapist in her says! (It's always "the mother", ya know)!

Oddly enough, June's father was BIG on fishing....She remembers him taking her, as a young child, fishing, and showing her how to put the worms on the hooks (YUCK!) but mostly remembers our throwing most of the fish we caught back into the water, as they were "too small". June learned to like fishing: Very peaceful, but didn't like the idea of killing the fish! Hence, no trout for June!

However, will make it a point the next time I'm in a restaurant in Boston to order trout. Your description sounds too good not to!!!

YUM!!!!

Old 04-28-2014, 09:20 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
So let June understand this correctly: The other day it was 70 degrees, has been in the mid to high 60's ever since, but the rest of the week it's going to be in the high 30's to mid-40's!?

What the....????

(Can't complete the above sentence without infracting herself for "inappropriate language").

....But you all get the point!

Old 04-28-2014, 09:23 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

Yum.

Yepper, Nate. I release over 90% of the fish I catch - table-worthy or not. But we don't do without either and I sometimes give fish to friends and family. I am grateful for every one I kill* and keep - and tell it so.

*Every fish destined for the table is killed quickly - within seconds of landing - and then put in an ice chest. I dislike the use of livewells and chains.
You are in brook trout country. I don't know how it is there, but here we need to take a fair percentage of them so, as a rule I only keep brookies (and I like them better anyway, strange how that works out,huh?) and ones that get hurt because I missed my timing on a strike. Agreed on proper treatment of "keepers."

Old 04-29-2014, 06:05 AM

1,030 posts, read 840,181 times
Thanks for your prayers and concerns. The storms have passed and our immediate area have very little wind damage. There were 6 killed last night with the various tornadoes in our state. That is the last news I have heard. I am sure we will know more later this morning. Looks like another round of storms are to pass through this afternoon.

This event fell 3 years and a day after the major tornado came across the Tuscaloosa and Birmingham area causing major damage and loss of life. The area is still rebuilding from it.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:02 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Rightly Divided, I am glad to hear you were safe from that last round of storms. What terrible tragedies these spring storms always bring.

Prayers of hope for the survivors and for comfort to the families who lost loved ones..

Last edited by Miss Blue; 04-29-2014 at 08:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity