Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2016, 12:17 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I maybe dying from second hand hair spray, got married in the 80's to a big o'll haired woman.

LOL I'd blame my chronic bronchitis on my sister, I've had it since I was then, but that would be mean and not true haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2016, 01:32 AM

595 posts, read 331,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
LOL I'd blame my chronic bronchitis on my sister, I've had it since I was then, but that would be mean and not true haha.
I had something like that for many years. It finally gave me hernias.

I don't know if this will help but...

My understanding of what was going on evolved. It started with an actual case of bronchitis where I was really sick for a couple days but the cough lingered for years. I thought maybe it was asthma but the evidence really didn't agree with this. I finally decided it was an habitual cough. Coughing irritates the mucus membranes of your lungs causing you to cough more. So I finally decided that I just wasn't going to cough any more. I would use cough drops drops to help but a large part of it was pure determination do anything I could to make myself stop coughing.

It worked for me. Not only that, but I think I got sick less often. I came to the conclusion that the cold virus not only uses coughs as a way of spreading to other people but even as a way of progressing in its invasion of your body.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:46 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post

My understanding of what was going on evolved. It started with an actual case of bronchitis where I was really sick for a couple days but the cough lingered for years. I thought maybe it was asthma but the evidence really didn't agree with this. I finally decided it was an habitual cough. Coughing irritates the mucus membranes of your lungs causing you to cough more. So I finally decided that I just wasn't going to cough any more. I would use cough drops drops to help but a large part of it was pure determination do anything I could to make myself stop coughing.

It worked for me. Not only that, but I think I got sick less often. I came to the conclusion that the cold virus not only uses coughs as a way of spreading to other people but even as a way of progressing in its invasion of your body.
I have an inhaler that helps, but it makes me jittery for some reason, jumpy kindy. I was at church the Sunday before last, and my Pastor came up behind me and put his arm around me to hug me. I nearly jumped out of my skin lol. So I try not to use it much. This is kinda gross, but if I try to keep from coughing when a coughing fit hits, I end up blowing snot everywhere, because I end up "coughing" through my nose lol. I'll keep trying the "determined to not cough" thing though. Thank you Mitchell!

Old 07-20-2016, 08:21 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:

Funny, I was just listening yesterday to a podcast about how parasites manipulate our behavior.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:31 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,915,177 times
Quote:
Food for thought

Old 07-20-2016, 11:09 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,174,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Funny, I was just listening yesterday to a podcast about how parasites manipulate our behavior.
I think they were probably referring to politicians and religious leaders.

Old 07-20-2016, 11:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think they were probably referring to politicians and religious leaders.

Zing.

Old 07-21-2016, 08:33 PM

34,254 posts, read 20,532,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I have an inhaler that helps, but it makes me jittery for some reason, jumpy kindy. I was at church the Sunday before last, and my Pastor came up behind me and put his arm around me to hug me. I nearly jumped out of my skin lol. So I try not to use it much. This is kinda gross, but if I try to keep from coughing when a coughing fit hits, I end up blowing snot everywhere, because I end up "coughing" through my nose lol. I'll keep trying the "determined to not cough" thing though. Thank you Mitchell!
I had to LOL at that! Thank you. <wipes down keyboard>

I had a landlady once who was very skinny and sickly looking. She would cough a 100 times just while I was paying the rent. It was weird, like it was out of habit and it was sickening because she would not always cover her mouth. I hated even touching the receipt she gave me for paying the rent. Ew.

Her house was really dirty too. With cats and the aroma of cat litter boxes.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:44 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
I can't use hair spray or perfume around my hubby, I need to go into another room before spraying those. I don't use them very much so that helps.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:16 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
The Power of Hair Spray.

L'Oreal Elnett 'Cheryl Cole' | Framestore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity