Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2010, 07:56 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times

Advertisements

Hi sis kat. I am glad to see you again too..although your summer cottage by the lake sounds wonderful..What a great son you have! I will pray for his and the other young men's safety and that their message will be heard by the young people they will be entertaining...

You sound a bit like the "mother hen" that I am
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2010, 01:21 AM

823 posts, read 1,400,612 times
Thanks Miss Blue & Katzpur....its good to be back and yes I am a bit of a mother hen and am slowly letting go

I have a lot of reading to do on the forums - hope I haven't missed too much

I had a lot of God time at the lake. There is nothing like sitting in my red canoe in the middle of the lake just staring at God's beautiful creation. I also spent a lot of time at night on the dock with my kids looking up at the stars.

Thanks for keeping my son and his mates in your prayers.

Old 08-21-2010, 04:51 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
When I was little, I used to have dreams all the time that there were secret passage ways all over my house! Then I'd wake up and be disappointed that they weren't really there...
I love those kind of dreams though. They seem symbolic to me. I used to dream all the time that I would discover that my house had all sorts of rooms that I'd not known about before and was just discovering. And in the rooms there were all sorts of treasures that I didn't realize I had. I dreamed this over and over and over again through many years. Then, after I finally got free from my fear of death and met my UR brothers and sisters on-line, I stopped having this dream and felt that I now understood the symbolism to mean that the various rooms filled with treasure that I did not realize I had had all along were those precious people of God that I'd needed so badly all my life, but had not known they were there.

Happy dreaming to you!
Heartsong~

Old 08-22-2010, 02:37 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Friday: The best day of the week!!!
Sunday: The worst day of the week, as it means that tomorrow is Monday, and relaxation is over, and back to work!

June thinks she needs to find that lake that SisterKat was referring to!!! Relaxation and contemplation are always good things! (Can June hear an atheist "amen" here?)....

In summation: Sundays....Yuck.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:06 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
Sundays are my day to get things done -- the shopping (mornings are great -- no one is there!), study, naps (took two so far), piddly little jobs that are hard to fit in on other days (made a new necklace and a new bracelet today -- from old ones -- and I really ought to try restringing some pearl stuff). I may make a piece for my one and only orange outfit even yet.

I really look forward to the quiet of Sundays, because my husband is usually at church throughout the morning, and I have the house to myself. Not today -- he's sick. (So while ago, I walked up to him and snarled at him, "You are sick! You are a really sick person!" We had a good laugh.

But not as hard as when I was going to suggest a remedy for his poor eyes. Prepared to tell him about the eye-wash-spray I keep in the 'fridge, I asked him, "Are your eyes still bothering me?" Oops!

So instead of going out to eat, which is our usual Sunday habit, I went to our favorite (it's clean! Yea!) Subway Sandwich shop and bought tuna sandwiches. Nice change! He had Dr. Pepper, and I had cranberry juice mixed with diet Squirt.

I look forward to Sabbaths, and I look forward to Sundays. But then, I love my job. Maybe that helps.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:15 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
But not as hard as when I was going to suggest a remedy for his poor eyes. Prepared to tell him about the eye-wash-spray I keep in the 'fridge, I asked him, "Are your eyes still bothering me?" Oops!
When my husband and I were dating - and we were having the "talk" about being exclusive - he said, "I'm a one girl kind of chick." Well, needless to say - we have been saying this for the past 8 years now! I often tell him- well, you said it yourself - you're a chick!

What a great post VelcroQueen! I feel like I've seen a little slice of your life!

Being that I'm unemployed again (as usual) - Sunday is just another day to me. Although - my husband gets home early on Sundays since he only has one show (he does sound on Broadway) so we get to spend a little more time together. However, his boss and his wife are coming over tomorrow so I've been cleaning all day. I hate cleaning! And I'm really bad at it!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:09 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times
Ah, Dewdrop! You're sweet.

Cute story about your honey!

Old 08-22-2010, 08:44 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
I hate cleaning!
Now, now, Dewdrop! You know what they say: Cleaning is good for the soul!

(So dust away!)

Old 08-23-2010, 03:00 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
Sundays are my day to get things done -- the shopping (mornings are great -- no one is there!), study, naps (took two so far), piddly little jobs that are hard to fit in on other days (made a new necklace and a new bracelet today -- from old ones -- and I really ought to try restringing some pearl stuff). I may make a piece for my one and only orange outfit even yet.

I really look forward to the quiet of Sundays, because my husband is usually at church throughout the morning, and I have the house to myself. Not today -- he's sick. (So while ago, I walked up to him and snarled at him, "You are sick! You are a really sick person!" We had a good laugh.

So instead of going out to eat, which is our usual Sunday habit, I went to our favorite (it's clean! Yea!) Subway Sandwich shop and bought tuna sandwiches. Nice change! He had Dr. Pepper, and I had cranberry juice mixed with diet Squirt.

I look forward to Sabbaths, and I look forward to Sundays. But then, I love my job. Maybe that helps.

Hiya Velcroqueen,

I have a question. Which day is your sabbath? Saturday or Sunday?

Jazzy

Old 08-23-2010, 03:02 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
When my husband and I were dating - and we were having the "talk" about being exclusive - he said, "I'm a one girl kind of chick." Well, needless to say - we have been saying this for the past 8 years now! I often tell him- well, you said it yourself - you're a chick!

What a great post VelcroQueen! I feel like I've seen a little slice of your life!

Being that I'm unemployed again (as usual) - Sunday is just another day to me. Although - my husband gets home early on Sundays since he only has one show (he does sound on Broadway) so we get to spend a little more time together. However, his boss and his wife are coming over tomorrow so I've been cleaning all day. I hate cleaning! And I'm really bad at it!

Meeeeeee tooo, I hate cleaning and I am baaaaad at it.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity