Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2017, 01:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I eat at McD's probably once every couple of weeks and usually get an egg mcmuffin. The best deal of the summer is their $1 medium iced coffee. I just finished one.

Didn't hear anything political about them lately.
I couldn't find anything either
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2017, 02:00 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I eat at McD's probably once every couple of weeks and usually get an egg mcmuffin. The best deal of the summer is their $1 medium iced coffee. I just finished one.

Didn't hear anything political about them lately.
That is the exact same thing I did, and they have good regular coffee, it is a good place to sit in the morning reading the paper. Why these actors and businesses get into politics is beyond me, as if they want to alienate half the country, it just isn't good business especially if I was an actor, nobody would ever know what I believed.

Old 06-12-2017, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That is the exact same thing I did, and they have good regular coffee, it is a good place to sit in the morning reading the paper. Why these actors and businesses get into politics is beyond me, as if they want to alienate half the country, it just isn't good business especially if I was an actor, nobody would ever know what I believed.
Ok, we are nystified. What did McDonald's do that has you upset?

Old 06-12-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Ok, we are nystified. What did McDonald's do that has you upset?
Same thing people been doing since before the election, just like Hilary calling us all deployable. I don't think most people realize why Trump won, it wasn't just for being against Hilary, it's the hate, the names everyone calls us, the race baiting, the war against the white man as if each one of us was harming somebody or enslaving somebody, bigot here, and misogynist there. McDonalds started doing the same thing in Tweets against Trump, and it just isn't necessary. We don't go out and riot, but what we do with our money is something else, and McDonalds just happen to come along to put themselves in a bad place.

It is just stupid is what it is.

People used to grimace when they walked in my office and saw a picture of Bush, and then I put up a picture of Obama and they grimace either way.

It doesn't have to be all this hate, but a company comes along and jumps into the mix, I hope they got plenty loyal supporters that take up the void we might leave behind.

Maybe not that many people know of what was said, but all my family and friends do, and they are all boycotting McDonalds because they took up sides.

Old 06-12-2017, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Same thing people been doing since before the election, just like Hilary calling us all deployable. I don't think most people realize why Trump won, it wasn't just for being against Hilary, it's the hate, the names everyone calls us, the race baiting, the war against the white man as if each one of us was harming somebody or enslaving somebody, bigot here, and misogynist there. McDonalds started doing the same thing in Tweets against Trump, and it just isn't necessary. We don't go out and riot, but what we do with our money is something else, and McDonalds just happen to come along to put themselves in a bad place.

It is just stupid is what it is.

People used to grimace when they walked in my office and saw a picture of Bush, and then I put up a picture of Obama and they grimace either way.

It doesn't have to be all this hate, but a company comes along and jumps into the mix, I hope they got plenty loyal supporters that take up the void we might leave behind.

Maybe not that many people know of what was said, but all my family and friends do, and they are all boycotting McDonalds because they took up sides.
McDonald's says the account was hacked, and considering the nature of the "tweet" that is by far the most likely answer. Why would ANY representative of the company make such an inane tweet?

Old 06-12-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
McDonald's says the account was hacked, and considering the nature of the "tweet" that is by far the most likely answer. Why would ANY representative of the company make such an inane tweet?
Yeah, I shouldn't have even brought it up, but I don't buy that excuse, I bought it the first time, this isn't the first time, and if they were really sincere that it wasn't them, they have sure been lame about making apologies, I just don't buy it.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:12 PM

For 30 years we put the president's picture up, and it didn't matter what party they were elected by. Bush hate went out of control and people started hating you if you put the president's picture up, but those same customers saw us put Clinton up, and they took notice that it didn't matter to us, this is what people used to do. We stopped doing it in Obama's second term, now all it brings is hatred, I could just imagine the looks if we put Trump's picture up.

Old 06-12-2017, 07:43 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
For 30 years we put the president's picture up, and it didn't matter what party they were elected by. Bush hate went out of control and people started hating you if you put the president's picture up, but those same customers saw us put Clinton up, and they took notice that it didn't matter to us, this is what people used to do. We stopped doing it in Obama's second term, now all it brings is hatred, I could just imagine the looks if we put Trump's picture up.
How about having pics of all the presidents, past and present, who are still alive? Do you think people would be more accepting of it that way?

Old 06-12-2017, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
How about having pics of all the presidents, past and present, who are still alive? Do you think people would be more accepting of it that way?
Freaking women, you got no right coming in here and shaming me like this, how dare you, all nice and hell.

Why I outta.

Trying to turn me against myself, I see you.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 06-12-2017 at 09:22 PM..

Old 06-12-2017, 09:30 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Freaking women, you got no right coming in here and shaming me like this, how dare you, all nice and hell.

Why I outta.

Trying to turn me against myself, I see you.

Shaming you how, silly? Just thought if people see all of them up at once, they'd realize that you aren't playing favorites or trying to make a political statement, and it wouldn't ruffle any feathers, you big ol' teddy bear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity