Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 PM

1,577 posts, read 2,251,422 times

Advertisements

Okay. Pets:
YouTube - Brian Regan Live - Animals and Dog Barking
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 06:30 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
"Noooo!"

(As in: TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!)

Trust me, even though little Misha doesn't get much ice cream, that little five pound ball of fur could probably get me to sign over my life savings to him if he looked at me in "just that way!" There is something inherently built into that little guy's DNA that just says "June's a woose~!" --And he'd be right in saying that!!!

However, by the same token....

Trust me: Misha would take a bullet for me if need be!....

It's a somewhat profound statement when even the nonbeliever says that when it's her dog's "time" that the little guys is DEFINATELY going to 'doggie heaven.' Period!
It was not by chance (bait) that if I added "all dogs go to heaven", I could say to June, "gotcha!".........

btw - the grandchildren grew up watching the animated "dog movies" over and over again! It is only recently that the youngest boy switched to "Spongebob"...

Old 09-19-2010, 07:32 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
lol. you guys are making my day today. i've been feeling out of sorts lately. Thanks for putting a smile on my face.
Glad to know that we crazies could put a "smile on your face" sunshineann!

~That's what friends are for!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post
OMG, that part about the dog going out on the back porch at 3:00 in the morning was exceptional!!! Thanks so much for making June laugh on a Sunday night! She needed it!

P.S. "BARK~!"

Old 09-19-2010, 08:38 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VelcroQueen View Post

He's my favorite. I love Brian Regan.

YouTube - Brian Regan- Emergency Room

Old 09-19-2010, 08:48 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,192,740 times
Quote:
LOL! Yeah, it's a tricky little name to spell out, ya know?

Thanks again to all who assisted June in her moments of high anxiety last night! Truthfully, given the little guy's status today, I am feeling like I was some sort of over-alarmist in my reaction. (It's the fact of seeing blood that's initially so troublesome!) ---But the little guy is fine, and when I phoned the vet this morning, neither of us felt that Misha needed an 'emergency appointment' as there is no longer any blood, you can't even see the cut and he's acting like his normal self! I have a follow up appointment with the vet's for late Monday. So no 'emergency' status any longer. *Phew!*

~But just wanted to thank you all again! You guys are the best!

I don't think your reaction was unreasonable. Sometimes, our pets are the closest things we have to unconditional love.

My cat (who thinks she's a dog) was choking the other day, and I threw my computer to the side and picked her up yelling, "Smoky is choking!" The kids came running in and saw me running around with her in my hands trying to dislodge whatever it was she had in her throat. I panicked!

Anyway, she's fine now. Just a little shaken up. Literally.

Old 09-19-2010, 10:39 PM

Quote:
OMG, that part about the dog going out on the back porch at 3:00 in the morning was exceptional!!! Thanks so much for making June laugh on a Sunday night! She needed it!

P.S. "BARK~!"
Hee-hee! Glad to help!

Old 09-19-2010, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
He's my favorite. I love Brian Regan.

YouTube - Brian Regan- Emergency Room
My son-in-law introduced me to him. He's hilarious.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:52 PM

Default ....A day in the life...

June: Left work early, re-scheduling two patients, in order to take little dog to vets.
Little Dog: Thrilled senseless to be going to the vets.
June: Already suspicious as to just why we were doing this "vet visit" despite the cut and blood of Friday evening...
Little Dog: Could not have been happier to have arrived at the vets; pee's on the floor of the waiting room.
June: Utterly mortified, as the last thing she made certain of prior to taking Little Dog to vet was that he had peed. (Thanks, a lot...)
Little Dog: Thrilled to the point of a near Nirvana experience to have the full attention of vet, up until the point that said vet tried to examine muzzle in detail.
Little Dog: Tried to be his "tough guy" self, and 'showed his teeth' as means of saying "Don't mess with me!"
June: Apologizing to vet for the fact that Little Dog was not acting in accordance to how she had raised him. Suggested a muzzle for Little Dog.
Vet: Smart, well versed individual who showed no fear.
Little Dog: Figured out that "acting tough" just wouldn't get him anywhere.
June: Relieved to hear that vet could barely find the wound that had been bleeding Friday night.
Little Dog: Trilled senseless that he had been able to show off his "tough dog" showing of his teeth, but to no avail from the vet.
June: Thrilled even more senseless that the entire vet visist only took ten minutes, and thirty bucks....In and out, one stop shopping!
Little Dog: Having had a dog bisquit as June was paying the bill, and knowing that he had gotten a "clean bill of health" curls up on her lap as they drive home, secretly laughing at her....

Yup.

June over reacted last Friday.

She's also thinking it's about time the Little Dog got his own paper route....

"God bless dogs."

Take gentle canine care....

P.S. Bottom line analysis/diagnosis: "Macho Man" hit it right on the nail, as vet seems to feel that Little Dog scratched himself hard enough to draw blood....June: thinking she should have listened to Mystic. June: Such a woose when it comes to her laughing little dog!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 PM

Oh, I don't think you over-reacted! You did what any caring dog-parent would do!

I once had a ferral kitty that would allow me to take her to the vet. Even came in the house on occasion -- for about a minute!

When a gang member in the old neighborhood sicced his dog on my kitty, killling it (my son saw this at bout 4 a.m.), the vet sent us a sympathy card! I thought that was so sweet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity