Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2010, 05:12 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,526,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Greetings everyone! Tomorrow's Friday!
Looking forward to a productive weekend!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,062,708 times
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the kind thoughts! It's much appreciated! Cookie is doing great! I tried to take it easy with her yesterday on our walk. I guess I shouldn't have because today she was super hyper! We went on a long walk today and now she is sleeping it off!
The hubby and I went to a funeral today for one of our neighbors. I only met him a few times and the hubby never met him at all - but I have become friendly with his wife. We only moved here about 6 months ago but the wife and I have talked a bunch of times. It was a really nice service - mostly friends and family members giving heartfelt eulogies. His son spoke and started off telling funny stories and ended it so beautifully that he had us all in tears. It kind of reminded me of my father's funeral.
Tomorrow is the hubby's surgery at the crack of dawn. He is really looking forward to it being over so that he won't be in pain anymore! The surgery is only supposed to last about 20 minutes and it's supposed to take him less than a week to recover. So, hopefully all will go well and he won't be too cranky!
All I can say is that this week is really tiring me out!!! I need a drink!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:04 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,210,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hi everyone! Thank you so much for all of the kind thoughts! It's much appreciated! Cookie is doing great! I tried to take it easy with her yesterday on our walk. I guess I shouldn't have because today she was super hyper! We went on a long walk today and now she is sleeping it off!
The hubby and I went to a funeral today for one of our neighbors. I only met him a few times and the hubby never met him at all - but I have become friendly with his wife. We only moved here about 6 months ago but the wife and I have talked a bunch of times. It was a really nice service - mostly friends and family members giving heartfelt eulogies. His son spoke and started off telling funny stories and ended it so beautifully that he had us all in tears. It kind of reminded me of my father's funeral.
Tomorrow is the hubby's surgery at the crack of dawn. He is really looking forward to it being over so that he won't be in pain anymore! The surgery is only supposed to last about 20 minutes and it's supposed to take him less than a week to recover. So, hopefully all will go well and he won't be too cranky!
All I can say is that this week is really tiring me out!!! I need a drink!
June would say you've had quite the week there, and that you more than deserve that drink! Will be thinking of you and the hubby tomorrow, and hoping that all goes well!!!

Give Cookie a hug from Misha and June! (June would say the same about your husband, but she won't, cuz he's, well, your husband!!!!)...

Old 10-08-2010, 05:23 PM

823 posts, read 1,385,521 times
Hi Dewdrop - glad to hear that Cookie is well and sending my best for your husband. Yes it has been quite the week for you hasn't it...when it rains it surely pours which means some good fortune must be now coming your way.

Old 10-08-2010, 05:28 PM

823 posts, read 1,385,521 times
Default Thanksgiving

It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada.

Although the majority of my friends here on CD are most likely American I just wanted to say that I feel extremely blessed this Thanksgiving. Everything in my life isn't perfect, but it never has been and most likely never will be but I am in a place in my life where I can look back and feel good about "today".

Happy Thanksgiving from a Canadian friend

PS: I feel guilty though....I am supposed to be eating more healthy and I just finished a SMALL Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard.... it was insanely good

Old 10-08-2010, 06:27 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,062,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post

Although the majority of my friends here on CD are most likely American I just wanted to say that I feel extremely blessed this Thanksgiving. Everything in my life isn't perfect, but it never has been and most likely never will be but I am in a place in my life where I can look back and feel good about "today".

PS: I feel guilty though....I am supposed to be eating more healthy and I just finished a SMALL Dairy Queen Pumpkin Pie Blizzard.... it was insanely good
Hi Sister Kat! Happy Thanksgiving! Don't feel guilty about the Blizzard! Thank you for the well wishes!

All surgeries done with! Hubby is on the sofa talking to his brother - doing fine! Cookie is completely back to her old self. And I'm exhausted!!! I should have it relatively easy in the next few days though - just waiting on the hubby. But we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn for anything anytime soon! Whew!

Just making some enchiladas for dinner! Talk to you all soon! Have a great weekend!

Old 10-08-2010, 06:36 PM

Quote:

Happy Thanksgiving SisterKat...and you're making me hungry...

Old 10-08-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Hi Sister Kat! Happy Thanksgiving! Don't feel guilty about the Blizzard! Thank you for the well wishes!

All surgeries done with! Hubby is on the sofa talking to his brother - doing fine! Cookie is completely back to her old self. And I'm exhausted!!! I should have it relatively easy in the next few days though - just waiting on the hubby. But we don't have to get up at the crack of dawn for anything anytime soon! Whew!

Just making some enchiladas for dinner! Talk to you all soon! Have a great weekend!
Dewdrop nice to hear your anxiety over your love ones is over...

Enchiladas......yuuummm...

Have a worry-free weekend!

Old 10-08-2010, 09:23 PM

7,991 posts, read 12,210,571 times
Quote:

Happy Thanksgiving to SisterKat from June!!!

Old 10-08-2010, 10:04 PM

63,387 posts, read 39,647,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to SisterKat from June!!!
Ditto!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity