U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 09:25 PM

4,309 posts, read 5,767,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Mike, I am confounded that a guy like you, who seems to LOVE the truth, would be suckered in by Babylon.

UR is NOT, and I repeat, NOT new! And I thank God every day that I'm not a part of the synagogue (church) of Satan, which counterfeited the gospel of Christ and brought in horrible pagan concepts, bloody Crusades, and mental torture INSTEAD of the GOOD NEWS!

When was the last time you heard a preacher preach on the GOSPEL; that Christ was NOT COUNTING men's sins against them and he is the savior of the world! We are COMMANDED to preach this!!

If, after you have HEARD, UNDERSTOOD, and BELIEVED that (if you are so elected) and you sit in darkness you will be under the wrath of God. If you have HEARD, UNDERSTOOD, and BELIEVED that and you run your race you will be part of the BETTER resurrection! The elect are elect for a purpose!

Take that up with Christ!

You said:
"UR is NOT, and I repeat, NOT new!"

We said: We know that ALREADY, or else it wouldn't be the GREATEST & LONGEST lied ever told, you're soooo right on this one.....!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2010, 09:28 PM

3,381 posts, read 3,647,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post

You said:
"UR is NOT, and I repeat, NOT new!"

We said: We know that ALREADY, or else it wouldn't be the GREATEST & LONGEST lied ever told, you're soooo right on this one.....!!!

Betsey, what do you know about the history of Christianity?

Old 06-23-2010, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Betsey, what do you know about the history of Christianity?
Honestly...not much! Why?

Old 06-23-2010, 09:31 PM

78 posts, read 93,371 times
Quote:
BHfT:
I'll take my "chances" that when I meet God face to face and bow before Him and worship Him, that He'll be pleased with me for not accusing Him of being - not just a murderer of people who are eventually put out of their misery - but a torturer - a being that sets people on fire and never allows the fire to be put out. I'll take my "chances" that I know the true and living God who is Love.
i agree,
but for me i know it is not a "chance" that i am taking in believing in an all powerful God that will/has reconcilled all, and will make all things right

If God is a pyschopathic torturer, (again i know He is not), i would not want anything to do with that monster and it would be fine to not be in his presence

Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM

1,335 posts, read 863,122 times
Quote:
Isn't that what the serpent said? Eat and..... You shall not surely die: YES OR NO?
Betsey, your like those 3 monkeys with their hands over their eyes, ears and mouth all rolled into one. You just spout your brainwashed junk.

If you wouldn't throw your child into an oven for not behaving, how could God, who has a zillion times more love than you do it?

You slander UR and blashpheme the nature of God. A modern day pharisee is what you are.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,522,713 times
I think one of the greatest lies ever told is that God DOES NOT justify the ungodly (Rom 4:5). The ETer's started preaching this lie shortly after Gen 3:21.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Honestly...not much! Why?
Hmmmmm..........

Check out the thread that I started on Zoroastrianism and then get back to me. That is only a small part of it, though. I will get back to you on the rest.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Betsey, your like those 3 monkeys with their hands over their eyes, ears and mouth all rolled into one. You just spout your brainwashed junk.

If you wouldn't throw your child into an oven for not behaving, how could God, who has a zillion times more love than you do it?

You slander UR and blashpheme the nature of God. A modern day pharisee is what you are.
Well, that's not going to help her see the love of God, is it?

Old 06-23-2010, 09:37 PM

1,897 posts, read 1,844,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipidydoodaa View Post
i agree,
but for me i know it is not a "chance" that i am taking in believing in an all powerful God that will/has reconcilled all, and will make all things right

If God is a pyschopathic torturer, (again i know He is not), i would not want anything to do with that monster and it would be fine to not be in his presence
Yes. That's what I meant by putting quotation marks around "chances," because it was in response to Betsy's comment about taking her chances.

Old 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

Plain and simple...I'm not God!

PS: By the way...who told you I never threw my children into an oven? They've been in there once or twice. Right kids? And don't I let you guys take your pillows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity