Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:28 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Oil Spills Then and Now ...

...not a thing!!!!!

Old 06-27-2010, 11:47 AM

Default Remember the "A WHALE Ship I informed you all about...

...in post #44...?...

Hot Air » Day 68: Why isn’t the A-Whale in the Gulf yet? ...

...so I wonder what the hold up is?

Old 06-27-2010, 11:55 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
.and now a hurricane is on the way...our first tropical depression will be heading into the Gulf this weekend...this will stop all production...all clean-up...for the gail force winds....now...there are serious concerns that this tropical depression could bring oil all over the surrounding land...pure devistation.............we may never get our lives back as they were ever again.
Actually, the NOAA guys have determined that it will pass well south. no need to spread false panic.

Meantime, this was, quite obviously, well over the heads of the Capitalist corporation technologies! Obama should be damning them and their pitiable technological incapabilites. Let's hope someone can get this one under control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
I started worrying and then panicking about this before anybody else did. Months ago. What the heck happens when lightning hits this stuff, not just on water, but on land. It really is quite disturbing. Nightmarish, even.
Answer on the lightning: nothing. The immediate quenching of both temperature and electrical potential when lightning reaches up (it does not strike down, BTW) from the water will be.... nothing.

Else, every offshore oil rig out there, which have all been struck by lightning many times, would all explode!

Get sensible, folks!

We need calm rationale, not religious or political fervour, driven by bitter, old allegiances.

Old 06-27-2010, 12:39 PM

Default Please...read this article...

"The fragile US economy, in the midst of a feeble attempt at a jobless recovery, overstretched by war and out of control spending is not equipped to handle a disaster of this magnitude. No country in the world could. Remember how well they handled the Katrina thing? This makes Katrina look like a grade school fire drill. Well I wonder how well they will do this time as they prepare to evacuate entire cities and states. See this and this. Once the evacuations begin the markets will tank. Once people are forced to grasp what is happening around them the global economy will come to a screeching halt as it's engine, the USA, sinks into the throes of the worst environmental disaster in the history of the world. This will cause a dollar confidence crisis. Enraged citizens will riot and loot with no hope of a decent life ahead of them. Martial law will be declared."

John Doty Jr: Oil Disaster Will Be End of Life As We Know It

Old 06-27-2010, 12:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
This was all started in the R&P section, apparently then successfully hijacked by the christian crowd, and 'moved' into the christianity section. Early on I thought about reporting it, saying it should be moved to something environmental, or even Florida > Pensacola forums, but didn't bother.

Go read message #1, god is mentioned, but it is not religious post, it is a justifiable rant about the environmental disaster happening in the OP back yard, and the obvious incompetence and blatant unwillingness of BP to react to the level they should.
Quoting myself yea yea ......

But I am doing so as I was wrong, the thread is in the correct forum, a conclusion I have come to after reviewing all the paranoia, hysteria, and outrageous conclusions.
  • It happened because Obama withdraws support for Israel and now god is mad..... Really
  • The entire region will be destroyed when lightening ignites the methane.....nonsense
  • It happened because America doesn't pray enough, well they certainly prey enough.
  • Links to sites about repenting to a deity or the country is toast ........

It is really too bad the facts are so obscured by the hysteria, as Verna brings a lot of information to light, stuff those of us not on the Gulf don't hear or see, as we just get the little snippets that MSM doles out on the evening news. And of course neither BP nor the government are telling the whole story.

The cause, corporate greed empowered by the Bush administration and their sweet heart legislation that virtually allow the oil industry to regulate itself with literally no oversight. Thanks to Bush/Cheney the fox was guarding the hen house.

Old 06-27-2010, 01:45 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Verna's point is clearly rooted in scripture.
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed. -- Genesis 12:3
And history has proven this pesky little verse to be true.

Also, you should be more gentle in your choice of words: "disgusting, dangerous, irresponsible and reprehensible" describe many things one can read on the internet (including at this forum, sad to say ), but Verna's post is not one of them!

Blessings
What I believe is the the blessing was not on the physical seed of Abraham but on the Spiritual ---- In 70AD the physical was left desolate -- the physical was a type, a shadow..........

Old 06-27-2010, 07:04 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I believe this was started in the christianity forum, started by a christian wanting support from other christians -- it was not hijacked by christians (one poster did request for it to be moved to politics) I do not believe that her motive (the OP) was for it to be a political debate - more looking for support from other christians as this directly affects her.
Of course the 'tracks' of a thread being moved disappear after some time, but I remember seeing the "moved" indicator, and even the OP has been confused by something that was changed, perhaps combined with another thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
....what happened with this thread....?...suddenly there are posts that weren't there before...?...and I see two of the same threads now..? Do you all see this too?...or is it my computer...?

...and now I just noticed that there are two OP's...?...I'm confused...?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:25 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,008,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Quoting myself yea yea ......

But I am doing so as I was wrong, the thread is in the correct forum, a conclusion I have come to after reviewing all the paranoia, hysteria, and outrageous conclusions.
  • It happened because Obama withdraws support for Israel and now god is mad..... Really
  • The entire region will be destroyed when lightening ignites the methane.....nonsense
  • It happened because America doesn't pray enough, well they certainly prey enough.
  • Links to sites about repenting to a deity or the country is toast ........

It is really too bad the facts are so obscured by the hysteria, as Verna brings a lot of information to light, stuff those of us not on the Gulf don't hear or see, as we just get the little snippets that MSM doles out on the evening news. And of course neither BP nor the government are telling the whole story.

The cause, corporate greed empowered by the Bush administration and their sweet heart legislation that virtually allow the oil industry to regulate itself with literally no oversight. Thanks to Bush/Cheney the fox was guarding the hen house.

asheville may I also add the sky is falling.....that darn obama he is screwing it all up and all he does is party

Old 06-27-2010, 09:28 PM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
I cannot even put into words how disgusting, dangerous, irresponsible and reprehensible the IDEA of what you have just posted.

To SUGGEST that this DISASTER was caused by GOD because Obama has said that the US will not AUTOMATICALLY support Israel?
I agree.it's the old 'blame it on God' (or rather in in this case,'by proxy of the President' scenario).republicans are SOOO quick to jump the gun! yet recall all the times we have stood behind Israel!! God would have to not only be a pretty shallow God to do that (bc the Pres. said we would not AUTOMATICALLY support Israel)...he would also have to be quite forgetful as well!!

BUT CAN WE GET TO THE REAL ISSUE HERE???

If anything I think God is telling us that He made the layers of the earth that way for a reason....and they are not to be messed with!!!

Old 06-27-2010, 10:49 PM

Default This is just so upsetting....

...I just cannot believe this is happening to us...and no one who can do anything at all...will NOT do everything they can...at all!!!...look at the photo of the man who lives in Louisiana...it breaks my heart......it says a lot...just imagine if it were you...and be sure to read the comments down below the video...

Venice LA needs to be evacuated

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity