Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 03:00 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What if he believes in Jesus ?, does this count for nothing . Do we have to be scriptually and doctrinally sound according to the gospel of orthodox christianity "of "you must believe and some gospel" before we become a believer ?.
He said he rejected the Gospels...therefore He rejects Jesus.
Therefore, he is an unbeliever.

And no, you must accept everything He said about Himself, who He is, where He came from, what He did, and so forth.
The Gospels teach us all of this. Reject that, you reject Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2010, 03:03 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,436,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifertexan View Post
God is compassionate and did not mistakenly design a universe in which He is forced,against His will,to send most of the people who ever walk the earth to flames of eternal torment.
God stands by His law and order, and that includes, Eternal Death and Hell. He is never forced against His will, since He is the one who created everything, including the eternal flame for the wicked.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 PM

1,179 posts, read 1,405,706 times
I already explained my method, what is revealed, I use as the start, then move to conclusions where I attempt to remain in the stream at the various developed moments, that is rational and a recognized method within theology (other disciplines as well with different start data).

Old 06-27-2010, 03:23 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
He said he rejected the Gospels...therefore He rejects Jesus.
Therefore, he is an unbeliever.

And no, you must accept everything He said about Himself, who He is, where He came from, what He did, and so forth.
The Gospels teach us all of this. Reject that, you reject Christ.
So when Paul said to the jailer "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved"
What he really meant was look "we apostles are going to write a bunch of letters that you haven't got a clue what is contained in them yet, and even though you do not know what is written in them, your salvation depends on whether you cannot accept that which is written in them that you may be saved" ?.You couldn't make it up.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-27-2010 at 04:36 PM..

Old 06-27-2010, 04:34 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,003,685 times
Quote:
Because you are rejecting the gospels.
Where did I say I reject the Gospels?

You are,by the way,wrong about me being an unbeliever.I accepted Christ in 1983,in a Baptist church.But don't let that little fact get in your way of judging me.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:54 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,224,434 times
Quote:
Because my God fulfilled everything to a T
What? He didn't fulfil the messianic prophesies. He also promised that he would return during the lifetime of his disciples but he never did. What exactly did he "fulfill" that was of any significance?

Old 06-27-2010, 06:38 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Since you agree LOL!,care to try then and answer the same question left unanswered by the others?Why were there not proto-Christian religions in all the world already when European missionaries went out spreading the Gospel.Why didn't missionaries find these almost Christian religions everywhere?They should have been there if God gave people an inner sense of Christianity.So where were all these Christians without the name?

And since,according to those wishing to explain away the problem of most of the world not even being able to hear about Christ until the last couple of hundred years or so (out of 2000 years of Christianity),why the need to preach Christ then?If everyone has an inner sense already,then why is it necessary to evangelize?Would not God speaking directly to a person's soul be much more effective than someone like Ted Haggard,Benny Hinn,or Pat Robertson that represent God poorly?
Just because all people are born with an inner sense of what God requires missionaries are necessary to sensitively expose their sin and and point them to Jesus.

Quote:
Just out of curiousity,why do you call me an unbeliever?
I call you an unbeliever too because you are questioning the power of God. The Bible clearly tells us in Romans 1:20 no one will have an excuse for not knowing God.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Just because all people are born with an inner sense of what God requires missionaries are necessary to sensitively expose their sin and and point them to Jesus.

I call you an unbeliever too because you are questioning the power of God. The Bible clearly tells us in Romans 1:20 no one will have an excuse for not knowing God.
So my question to you ILNC is what was your excuse before you believed ? , and what was it that caused you to believe ?

It wasn't God opening your eyes by any chance was it ? , or maybe you just figured it all out all by yourself ?

Old 06-27-2010, 07:39 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times
Quote:
Everyone is born an Atheist, no awareness of any god, we didn't even have awareness of most of our bodily functions.
They are taught religion starting with parents, then handed off to organized religion. Some go the step beyond, to what constitutes brainwashing. It happens in all religions, all of them! If the first part of your statement were true, the second part would not be necessary.

I know people that crow about the missionaries their church sponsors, which I find questionable. Sure some do more than 'convert' the heathens is some far away land, bringing basic medical, dental, hygiene, etc. to them, but at what cost, their soul?

Quote:
I am a rational person, my thoughts based solely in a realistic point of view, I do not question the power of god, I question the existence god, and instead of looking down you nose and using the term unbeliever, you may refer to me as a person, a person that has served his country in a time of war, and served his community as a volunteer firefighter for over 30 years.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:55 PM

It seems to me from reading this forum it depends on how educated you are to make a quality conscious decision about whether you spend an eternity in eternal torment in a lake of fire which God or Jesus throws you into . or you somehow magically believe all the right doctrines and teachings of the bible like Mike 555 and sciotamick and all who amen their posts do(who by the way disagree on much of what they believe in ) .You really couldn't make it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity