Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 05:32 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,683,545 times

Advertisements

I agree with you all Dreaming spires, thrillobyte, sciotamicks,

It is not all past or all future and the bible talks to each of us individually and it is used by unscrupulous people to frighten people and to make MONEY and does cause people heartache and anxiety when Jesus said let not your hearts be troubled
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2010, 05:39 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Yes meerkat, the blessings and curses are perpetual and continual, regardless of each of our prophetic view of the scriptures.
That is what we must be concerned with.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:02 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,070 times
My friend: This world is nothing but a sideshow, while the kingdom of God is in preparation to be revealed. The fallen prince, Satan, has had his time of rebellion while the world makes their choice of whom to serve. Wickedness grows for its final harvest of sorrows, while righteousness climbs the stairs of grace to its triumph. The hour of finality is so close that the sense of majesty is in the air. We all have an assignment to fulfill, you yours and we, ours.

Yours:
To ridicule what you do not understand: They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. (Psalm 82:5)

YOU SAID: "
I dropped expectation of the rapture, the tribulation, the antichrist and every other fairy-tale aspect associated with it like the hottest potato I'd ever handled and I want to tell you the peace of mind that came into my heart was God-sent. I have no expectations it will ever happen, my studies have convinced me of that. Now I go about my daily life trying to serve our Saviour as best I can, being obedient to His will and secure in the knowledge that I will pass into eternity from accident or natural causes, whatever the Lord has designed for me--but certainly not in some sci-fi flight into the air in this ridiculous notion called the rapture".

Wow: What an interesting term to call brothers and sisters in Christ who are longing for the return of their Lord and Savior! " these poor souls who are literally destroying their lives......." and that's from a fellow brethren/sistren who's a professed lover of God, at that? Nice!

Let me ask you another question if I may. Are we merely "these poor souls who are literally destroying our lives" because we're anticipating the hour of our Lord's return? If it's the latter, my worried brethren/sistren, YOU need to re-read the entire thread: Harder times ahead...to prepare, or not to prepare? a bit more carefully as no one here has made even one prediction as to the hour of Christ's return. Please do so, okay?

Mark 13:32 tells us, "But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." This we know, accept as truth, and agree with 100%. As such, this is an area of worry my brethen/sistren YOU can set aside, amen? Another question if I may? How does longing for the coming of the Lord make the life of one who does so worthless? I can only speak for myself, but my life is going just fine. Most days I'm very happy. I am, in fact, fully aware that I'm still alive. I'm also fully aware that I am to be watching for Christ's return! Now understand, YOU don't have to, if that's YOUR decision...to watch for His return! But don't mock us because we sense the urgency to win the lost to Christ! I wouldn't do that ...if I were you.

Now help me to understand why one who states he/she is a believer in this SAME God; (who said He's coming AGAIN), feels compelled to lash out at those who's looking forward to His returning?. You know, I could theorize a number of motives, but I'm going to resist the urge to do so, (cause THANK YOU Lord, I'm born again!!) Anyways...who has suggested to YOU that those who long for the Blessed Hope to occur are just sitting around and waiting for it? Don't you know we have PLENTY OF WORK to do? For the King? To His glory? You're sooooo wrong!! I see you're working......

Yes there are a lot of Christians in the world today warming the pews on Sunday morning who couldn't give a hoot if Jesus Christ returns today (or ever in some sad instances). Not only that, there is a world full of lost souls who know little to nothing about Bible prophecy and their desperate need to come to faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior!

It's for THIS cause, precisely why a whole lot of BIBLE BELIEVING, TRUE, GOD-FEARING, LOVERS OF THE WORDS OF GOD, ALL OF IT again, ALL OF IT!!!......it's why we spend a lot of our spare time plinking on our keyboards, sounding the trumpet, no, I didn't say that right..... SOUNDING THE TRUMPET!!!.........that Jesus Christ is coming soon! There's more than enough trumpets to go around, but the laborers are few. You understand?

Carry on..............fulfill YOUR assignment, or, turn it in and get a new one!

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 06-27-2010 at 05:18 PM.. Reason: typo's.....

Old 06-27-2010, 05:24 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Jesus may or may not return, Betsy, but even if He does it will be for all to see and not in some fictitious rapture. You've been hoodwinked, old gal, by scoundrels like Lindsey and Lahayne, who only jumped onto this rapture bandwagon because of the smell of money. Hey, Lindsey's got four ex-wives to support. You think that comes cheap? Why do you think he's been recycling this rapture garbage through about 20 books that all say basically the same thing?

Sometime I'd like to tell you about the conspiracy that evolved over at Dallas Theological Seminary back in the 50's-60's; about how enrollment was so bad that they realized they needed to do something to drum up business and the best way to do that was through futurism/dispensationalism, knowing it's always been a big drawing card. So they enlisted one of their "bright stars", Hal Lindsey and got him to write a book that would basically rehash everything that'd been stated by Scofield via his infamous Bible with the "rapture footnotes". Designed to hook a new generation to the rapture, the Tribulation and antichrist, and the rest of that nonsense. LGPE made millions for Lindsey, Dallas Theological, Zondervan Publishing (BTW, do you think it's an accident that so many alumni's of DTS are now working for Zondervan? It's hotbed of incestuous relationships over there). Boy, Betsy, I know gullibility is never in short supply but you really have to wake up to reality. FINAL ANSWER! ( hehe-I love that).

Old 06-27-2010, 05:30 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,567,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Jesus may or may not return, Betsy, but even if He does it will be for all to see and not in some fictitious rapture. You've been hoodwinked, old gal, by scoundrels like Lindsey and Lahayne, who only jumped onto this rapture bandwagon because of the smell of money. Hey, Lindsey's got four ex-wives to support. You think that comes cheap? Why do you think he's been recycling this rapture garbage through about 20 books that all say basically the same thing?

Sometime I'd like to tell you about the conspiracy that evolved over at Dallas Theological Seminary back in the 50's-60's; about how enrollment was so bad that they realized they needed to do something to drum up business and the best way to do that was through futurism/dispensationalism, knowing it's always been a big drawing card.
So they enlisted one of their "bright stars", Hal Lindsey and got him to write a book that would basically rehash everything that'd been stated by Scofield via his infamous Bible with the "rapture footnotes". Designed to hook a new generation to the rapture, the Tribulation and antichrist, and the rest of that nonsense. LGPE made millions for Lindsey, Dallas Theological, Zondervan Publishing (BTW, do you think it's an accident that so many alumni's of DTS are now working for Zondervan? It's hotbed of incestuous relationships over there). Boy, Betsy, I know gullibility is never in short supply but you really have to wake up to reality. FINAL ANSWER! ( hehe-I love that).
This statement reminds me of "The Pillars of the Earth" by: Ken Follet...

Old 06-27-2010, 05:31 PM

24,095 posts, read 32,437,200 times
It all goes back to dispensationalism and Darby.

That is why conservative Christians have little use for helping the poor.

The End Times Are Coming!!! God will create chaos!

yeah right. This is so half baked.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:41 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,119,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
It all goes back to dispensationalism and Darby.

That is why conservative Christians have little use for helping the poor.

The End Times Are Coming!!! God will create chaos!

yeah right. This is so half baked.

Wow -- you bring the term "painting with a broad brush" to a whole new level.

You really need to read up on the "corporal and spiritual works of mercy."

A caveat: doing so just might shatter your prejudices a little bit--and that can be a rather challenging task to ask of those who already Know Everything.

Old 06-27-2010, 06:16 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,522,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
My friend: This world is nothing but a sideshow, while the kingdom of God is in preparation to be revealed. The fallen prince, Satan, has had his time of rebellion while the world makes their choice of whom to serve. Wickedness grows for its final harvest of sorrows, while righteousness climbs the stairs of grace to its triumph. The hour of finality is so close that the sense of majesty is in the air. We all have an assignment to fulfill, you yours and we, ours.

Yours:
To ridicule what you do not understand: They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course. (Psalm 82:5)

YOU SAID: "
I dropped expectation of the rapture, the tribulation, the antichrist and every other fairy-tale aspect associated with it like the hottest potato I'd ever handled and I want to tell you the peace of mind that came into my heart was God-sent. I have no expectations it will ever happen, my studies have convinced me of that. Now I go about my daily life trying to serve our Saviour as best I can, being obedient to His will and secure in the knowledge that I will pass into eternity from accident or natural causes, whatever the Lord has designed for me--but certainly not in some sci-fi flight into the air in this ridiculous notion called the rapture".

Wow: What an interesting term to call brothers and sisters in Christ who are longing for the return of their Lord and Savior! " these poor souls who are literally destroying their lives......." and that's from a fellow brethren/sistren who's a professed lover of God, at that? Nice!

Let me ask you another question if I may. Are we merely "these poor souls who are literally destroying our lives" because we're anticipating the hour of our Lord's return? If it's the latter, my worried brethren/sistren, YOU need to re-read the entire thread: Harder times ahead...to prepare, or not to prepare? a bit more carefully as no one here has made even one prediction as to the hour of Christ's return. Please do so, okay?

Mark 13:32 tells us, "But of that day and [that] hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father." This we know, accept as truth, and agree with 100%. As such, this is an area of worry my brethen/sistren YOU can set aside, amen? Another question if I may? How does longing for the coming of the Lord make the life of one who does so worthless? I can only speak for myself, but my life is going just fine. Most days I'm very happy. I am, in fact, fully aware that I'm still alive. I'm also fully aware that I am to be watching for Christ's return! Now understand, YOU don't have to, if that's YOUR decision...to watch for His return! But don't mock us because we sense the urgency to win the lost to Christ! I wouldn't do that ...if I were you.

Now help me to understand why one who states he/she is a believer in this SAME God; (who said He's coming AGAIN), feels compelled to lash out at those who's looking forward to His returning?. You know, I could theorize a number of motives, but I'm going to resist the urge to do so, (cause THANK YOU Lord, I'm born again!!) Anyways...who has suggested to YOU that those who long for the Blessed Hope to occur are just sitting around and waiting for it? Don't you know we have PLENTY OF WORK to do? For the King? To His glory? You're sooooo wrong!! I see you're working......

Yes there are a lot of Christians in the world today warming the pews on Sunday morning who couldn't give a hoot if Jesus Christ returns today (or ever in some sad instances). Not only that, there is a world full of lost souls who know little to nothing about Bible prophecy and their desperate need to come to faith in Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior!

It's for THIS cause, precisely why a whole lot of BIBLE BELIEVING, TRUE, GOD-FEARING, LOVERS OF THE WORDS OF GOD, ALL OF IT again, ALL OF IT!!!......it's why we spend a lot of our spare time plinking on our keyboards, sounding the trumpet, no, I didn't say that right..... SOUNDING THE TRUMPET!!!.........that Jesus Christ is coming soon! There's more than enough trumpets to go around, but the laborers are few. You understand?

Carry on..............fulfill YOUR assignment, or, turn it in and get a new one!
So reality doesn't matter? Only an alternate reality that you think will take place soon? What matter's to me is what is right now... not some un-reality supposedly in the future.

sometimes I wonder.

Old 06-27-2010, 07:44 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,904,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
So reality doesn't matter? Only an alternate reality that you think will take place soon? What matter's to me is what is right now... not some un-reality supposedly in the future.

sometimes I wonder.
Incredible, isn't it, kat? And I was only going by Betsy's own story,

Quote:
Are you hearing the voice of God telling you to leave a certain area? Keep on hand extra supplies? Or, are you prepared to go on as if nothing is happening and then trusting God for the money, food, shelter, etc.. later on?

I have a feeling that before we are raptured we may very well see the fall of America, and suffer the horrors that go with that. If true, how do we prepare, what might we expect to go through, and how might God use us during that time?
The fall of America? Death, horror and destruction everywhere you look as you wander aimlessly down bombed-out streets with smoldering ruins of once mighty skyscrapers? Moving out of your state to flee the wrath of the antichrist should he come to your town looking for heads (and I don't means leaders!!!) Squirreling away dehydrated beans and oatmeal when starvation comes to this mighty nation????

I mean this does truly smack of a voice of desperation. Frankly, it's not really Betsy's fault. I blame all this on the malarkey TBN cranks out with their Apocalyptic movie crap like Omega Code and Left Behind, movies designed to frighten the living daylights out of people so they'll try to get right with God and start giving their hard-earned bread money to Jan so she can buy more cotton-candy wigs and b**b-jobs.

But Betsy has no right to judge my post when she has no idea of the other really dismal stories I've read elsewhere on Christian forums where people are clinging to reality literally by their fingernails as they hold on for the rapture--stories that would make you weep. I do sometimes feel like weeping for them because I am sad this rapture thing has them so firmly by the throat. Betsy's situation is just a tea party compared to some of the situations I've read. This rapture thing is like a cancer---literally eating away Christians' lives.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:05 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Thrilll whether you believe in preterism or not is not an issue with me , but the realty is God is still fulfilling His purpose today as He was before and back in 70AD .To believe that His hand is not in the affairs of man today would be a grave error .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity