Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,033,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbill View Post

Right ! We are not to have binding relationships with people who do not love Jesus. they are of the world; we are aliens to the world.
And don't we wish you could go back home and leave us in peace!
You're completely throwing our natural ecosystem out of whack!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2012, 11:47 AM

1 posts, read 596 times
Default Just responding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
I don't understand why a believer would marry an unbeliever. That my husband was a believer in Jesus Christ was very important to me even back 27 years ago when I would have called myself a nominal Christian. I think this is because I have known the call of God from my early childhood - I just always knew I could not enter a marriage with an unbeliever. Sorry that I don't have anything more helpful to say.
I can understand why you say this, but the bible says in 1 Corinthians 7:13-14 ESV

"If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy."

Your faith just has to be strong so that you don't allow them to have you not believe. God is good and will help you help them believe. Don't lose love or miss out on a good person because they are not a believer, God doesn't cast us when we sin, so why would be cast others because of their flaws?

Old 08-19-2012, 11:59 AM

69 posts, read 110,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggin2b View Post
I can understand why you say this, but the bible says in 1 Corinthians 7:13-14 ESV

"If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy."

Your faith just has to be strong so that you don't allow them to have you not believe. God is good and will help you help them believe. Don't lose love or miss out on a good person because they are not a believer, God doesn't cast us when we sin, so why would be cast others because of their flaws?
But what they said was "I don't understand why a believer would marry an unbeliever". And you gave an example for what someone who is already married and becomes a Christian should do. The verse that should have been quoted to support their view was 2 Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? Which is pretty clear. You must not become yoked with an unbeliever. End of story. Unless you disregard God's word and want to do things your own way instead. That always works out well!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:41 PM

37,336 posts, read 28,087,833 times
Tell them that their heavenly Father is not mad or against them

Old 08-19-2012, 06:50 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,360,143 times
Everyone's different. What might win one atheist over will not work on all of them. My girlfriend's a "Christian" (in that she professes belief in the entire bible but doesn't make Christianity any regular part of her life) and I'm atheist. I don't think the suggestion I'm about to give would work on me, but it would probably work on some atheists, particularly if they're under the age of about 25. So here it is:

Be ASTONISHING. Be a 10 in every possible way, and give all the credit to God and/or your faith in God.

/suggestions.

Old 08-19-2012, 09:08 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meow83 View Post
Hello. I'm a christian in a relationship with a nonbeliever. What is the best way to help him believe in Christ? If you were in my shoes, how would you help your partner? Often I feel like I am not strong enough to help my partner when I cannot even keep up my own relationship with God.
Only HaShe can regenerate him...If He chooses...

Old 10-23-2013, 07:20 PM

1 posts, read 473 times
Sweet heart the power of prayer works praying that the lord will lift him up an help him become a believer. yes he has to want it but if he loves you an treats you right there's nothing wrong with being together.iv heard an seen so meny storys of people turning to god because he was calling them.
just u as a strong Christian believer entering his life mean the lord has been calling him an thinking of him. do what u feel is best.
love covers meny things setting an exsample of true faith and gods word will help him see god in you. its not to late as long as you or anyone is alive too turn someone into a beliver.ill pray for you and him god bless amen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity