Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 07:00 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,921 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,
I was looking for a thread made a little while back talking about Romans 5. A brother here was making a nice elaboration on the COMPLETE work of Christ on the cross at Calvary, and I wanted to add a thought to it, but since I can't find it, I'm writing a new one here. (sorry!)

Ever wonder why God made us all sinners? Many will say, "in order for man to use his free will and choose God!"
But I think that response is not correct, because even if God made us all saints, we would still have that same "free will" to choose. But if we were all saints, at least it'd be a bit easier to get in!

So what's the deal? Does God our Creator NOT WANT us to get in?? Of course He does!
And just how would a JUST, LOVING, HOLY God go about making sure that EVERYONE got in?

Before answering (and I'm sure some of you can do better at answering than I can), let's start with the facts:
- God put all men into condemnation, regardless of their "good works;"
- Christ died for all men
- If Christ died for all men, then all men are DEAD (see 2 Cor. 5)
- If all men are dead (even though they walk the earth), what has died? The first Adam has died!

So God made all men sinners. Then He made all men die through the only Door available to mankind, Jesus.

Questions so far?

Blessings to everyone,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2010, 07:52 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
That's right.....ALL SAVED!! What a wonderful Christ we have that would die for us ALL so that we ALL may be reconciled to the Father. Amen!!

Old 06-29-2010, 08:40 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,524,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Ever wonder why God made us all sinners? Many will say, "in order for man to use his free will and choose God!"
It is the fear base system. Just being born is a ticket to hell, UNLESS you repent and kowtow and tell god through worship how great he is.

A baby is born, lives a good productive life, harms no one, and if the person doesn't repent is going to hell when they die? Really....... and the terrible thing they did to be sent to hell is................

IMO, it is a ruse by man to lure others into this belief system, as it then provides a way to control them, through fear.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:42 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
It is the fear base system. Just being born is a ticket to hell, UNLESS you repent and kowtow and tell god through worship how great he is.

A baby is born, lives a good productive life, harms no one, and if the person doesn't repent is going to hell when they die? Really....... and the terrible thing they did to be sent to hell is................

IMO, it is a ruse by man to lure others into this belief system, as it then provides a way to control them, through fear.
You're exactly right AN and I was part of that fear-based system for a very long time. It's a horrible teaching and it's wonderful that's it's not even true. I think that it was a ruse also by the Romans to control the masses. It's high time for everyone to take the blinders off and see the real truth that Jesus Christ came to die for ALL, and that ALL will be saved.

1 Timothy 2:3-5

3For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Old 06-29-2010, 12:47 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,658,642 times
Default Yea!!!!!!...all!!!!!!...saved!!!!!!...

...N-O-T!!!!!!

No Brian...no questions...only truthful answers!

Jude 1:5 I will therefore put you in remembrance, though ye once knew this, how that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed them that believed not.

2 Thessalonians 2:10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:53 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,347 times
I think this was the thread you were looking for:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...will-made.html

Old 06-29-2010, 01:20 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,224,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post

Clearly, you don't understand how disgusting sin is to God. Those good deeds are filthy rags to God. Works don't save anyone! Faith in Christ alone saves.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I think this was the thread you were looking for:

//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...will-made.html
Are you speaking to me?

If so...let's seek God's heart on the subject...shall we...?...

Romans 5:19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

Adam's sin was disobedience, disobedience to a command: and it was a command of trial. The thing he did was therefore evil because it was forbidden, and this opened the door to other sins. The poison of sin is very strong and spreading, else the guilt of Adam's sin would not have reached so far, nor have been so deep and long a stream. Who would think there should be so much evil in sin?

By Adam's sin many are made sinners: many, that is, we were cast as sinners by due course of law. Judgment is come to condemnation upon all those that by Adam's disobedience were made sinners. Being convicted, we are condemned. All the race of mankind lie under a sentence. There is judgment given and recorded against us in the court of heaven, and if the judgment is not reversed, we will sink under it...for all eternity.

In like manner, by the righteousness and obedience of one (and that one is Jesus Christ, the second Adam), are many made righteous, and so the free gift comes upon all. The nature of Christ's righteousness, how it is brought in; it is by his obedience.

The disobedience of the first Adam ruined us, the obedience of the second Adam saves us,-his obedience to the law of mediation, which was that he should fulfil all righteousness, and then make his soul an offering for sin.

By His obedience to this law he wrought out a righteousness for us, satisfied God's justice, and so made way for us into his favour. The fruit of it. There is a free gift come upon all men, that is offered promiscuously to all...whosoever will may come, and take...this free gift is to all believers, upon their believing, unto justification of life.

Many shall be made righteous-many compared with one, or as many as belong to the election of grace, which, though but a few as they are scattered up and down in the world, yet will be a great many when they come all together.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:32 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,333,347 times
Quote:
Are you speaking to me?
I was refering to the first post:

Quote:
Hi everyone,
I was looking for a thread made a little while back talking about Romans 5.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenM View Post
I was refering to the first post:
Oh!...o.k...no problem...I guess what needed to be said was said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity