Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2010, 07:59 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bright Hope for Tomorrow View Post
Pagan philosophy is that God will accomplish all He desires?
Pagan philosophy says that He will, when He never said he would.
The scriptures says...He does as He pleases.
Where are you pulling from....? So it can be analyzed by the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
I don't suppose you think it's pagan philosophy that God will roast people forever? I guess some think He loves most people less than a marshmellow. At least a roasted marshmellow has a purpose.
BHFT,

He loves those who love Him back.
Otherwise, wrath is there, and was there to begin with.
He had no problem killing millions in the flood, why would He have a problem sending someone to hell for the rejection of His Son?

Old 07-01-2010, 08:08 PM

5,303 posts, read 6,435,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post

I'm only sharing the transformation that my heart went through after being confronted with God's love in a most beautiful way. A love that has only continued to increase the capacity of my own little human heart. Nothing on this earth can compare to it. No amount of studying that you can possibly do will ever come close. No amount of studying and knowledge means anything when held next to this. It is all just vapor, meaningless next to THIS. Next to the transforming power of HIS love.
I too have felt that love. Many times and more.

Quote:
1 Corinthians 13. There, brother... you say I have some sort of formula. This is about the closest thing I can come to a formula that would fit for me:

1If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. 11When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. 12Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 13And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
What does 1 Cor 13 have anything do with with the misrepresentation of Isaiah 45?

Quote:
So... I'm just going to continue to "whisper" and whisper and whisper what I have absolute, ABSOLUTE FAITH and assurance in... that our CREATOR LOVES ALL with a FIERCE love. And that Jesus Christ IS the saviour of ALL mankind. And that YES, EVERY knee will bow and EVERY TONGUE Will swear allegiance to the glory of God the Father.
There you go again.

Quote:
Verses mean NOTHING. Scriptures mean nothing.
Knowledge means NOTHING.
UNLESS LOVE is there to decipher them FOR you.
Huh? No love is what Christ and God has for us because we love Him back.
You have to love God/Christ to have any smidgen of revelation about the scriptures. You speak mystically.

Quote:
Creation is groaning, together.
Creation groaned and was redeemed already in Christ. The rules are still binding. Love Him, He loves you back.
No love for Him, His wrath continues in you. God is a God of Covenant. There are rules. You must follow them.

You butcher the word of God.....I am sorry to say.....prophecy and vision have CEASED.
Blessings and curses still abide.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:11 PM

8,175 posts, read 6,925,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post

BHFT,

He had no problem killing millions in the flood, why would He have a problem sending someone to hell for the rejection of His Son?
Matthew 5:38"You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.'[g] 39But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. 41If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. 42Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

43"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor[h] and hate your enemy.' 44But I tell you: Love your enemies[i] and pray for those who persecute you, 45that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

C'mon brother, think about His words here.
Peace,
sparrow

Old 07-01-2010, 09:16 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:

BHFT,

The Red above sounds like a petulant child! A god needs something?

Old 07-01-2010, 09:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Creation groaned and was redeemed already in Christ. The rules are still binding. Love Him, He loves you back.
No love for Him, His wrath continues in you. God is a God of Covenant. There are rules. You must follow them.
Are you saying that you believe we must first love God before he will love us?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:08 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
Quote:

BHFT,

Oh my goodness! What about 1 John 4:19? "We love Him because He first loved us." I'm a little shocked that you honestly think that God only loves those who love Him back. God IS love, so you said in your post, in essence, "Love loves those who love Him back." Doesn't make much sense to me.

OK. He does as He pleases. What pleases Him? The bible says He wants everyone to be saved, so it's pretty elementary to figure out that would please Him.

There is a HUGE difference between God allowing or even causing physical death, and sending someone to hell FOREVER with no chance of escape. This keeps coming up, and I just don't understand the correlation.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:31 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Enjoy hugging Hitler, Goebbels, and Himmler. While you're at it, I'm sure Stalin, Ted Bundy, John Wayne Gacey, and Pol Pot would appreciate a little squeeze or two. And don't forget Luis Garivito and David Parker Ray.

Yes, even they.

Old 07-01-2010, 10:38 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,211 times
Quote:
I agree, it is confusing. That's why they should study Catholicism to at least understand what the religion teaches at a basic level because, after all, that is who they got the Bible from.
Who did they get the Bible from?

Old 07-01-2010, 10:44 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,761,215 times
Quote:
Paul repented. As did St Augustine.

Perhaps these other yobs did as well, but it does seem highly unlikely. We really don't know for certain and will not until the Day of the Lord.
Never mind who is or is not to blame or who did or did not repent for whatever reason before they died, the point is that we are commanded to love our enemies and not to return evil for evil. We are told to overcome evil with Good. Do you understand what that means?

When we forgive and do good to those that spitefully abuse us, it is like pouring hot coals of fire over their head. Is causing someone to suffer without purpose Good or evil? Is never ending punishment rational or reasonable? What purpose does it serve? These are just a few of the questions that arise when one considers the doctrine of ET up close.

If we are to be like God, and we are commanded to overcome evil with goodness, and not to return evil for evil, then how must God be? IF God will return evil for evil, so that those who did evil would experience nothing but evil forever more, then why are we commanded not to do so in order to be like our father in heaven? Why are we told to forgive and turn the other cheek and love our enemies if God will not and or does not?

If we are told not to condemn others, then should we believe that God would condemn most humans who have ever existed for everlasting?

Listen to your heart people, and learn to think for yourselves, so then the spirit can reveal the true Good news to you through the scriptures.

God bless ...

Old 07-01-2010, 10:50 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Never mind who is or is not to blame or who did or did not repent for whatever reason before they died, the point is that we are commanded to love our enemies and not to return evil for evil. We are told to overcome evil with Good. Do you understand what that means?

When we forgive and do good to those that spitefully abuse us, it is like pouring hot coals of fire over their head. Is causing someone to suffer without purpose Good or evil? Is never ending punishment rational or reasonable? What purpose does it serve? These are just a few of the questions that arise when one considers the doctrine of ET up close.

If we are to be like God, and we are commanded to overcome evil with goodness, and not to return evil for evil, then how must God be? IF God will return evil for evil, so that those who did evil would experience nothing but evil forever more, then why are we commanded not to do so in order to be like our father in heaven? Why are we told to forgive and turn the other cheek and love our enemies if God will not and or does not?

If we are told not to condemn others, then should we believe that God would condemn most humans who have ever existed for everlasting?

Listen to your heart people, and learn to think for yourselves, so then the spirit can reveal the true Good news to you through the scriptures.

God bless ...
God Bless you too Ironmaw...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity