Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 08:05 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"I can only present the truth". There's no other way! I understand. Yet, that's not what's wanted here. Anything pertaining to truth will be viewed as "off topic". Bless you my brother in Christ, keep standing up for TRUTH!!
Thank you Betsey. And you as well!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2010, 08:09 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Well, I hadn't intended to say anything more, but you perceive a threat where none was given. No threat intended. Truth is what it is. It is absolute and uncompromising. Those who are repelled by the teaching of the reality of hell, would simply find some other excuse to reject Christ. The truth is this. That God became man to save fallen man from the reality of the eternal lake of fire. By simply placing his trust in Christ for salvation, upon understanding the issue, man can have eternal salvation. Rejection of Christ leaves a man under eternal condemnation, and justly so. As I said, those who claim that the teaching of hell repels them, would merely find any other excuse they can think of to reject Christ. Many simply don't like the idea of being answerable to an eternal and infinitely holy God.

It would have been more accurate for me to have said, that there are many interesting people who will go to hell. But in the midst of their suffering and torment, there will be nothing interesting about them.

Man didn't create God. God created man. And He has revealed Himself to man and made known His requirements for an eternal relationship with Him. It is up to each individual to make a decision to receive Christ as Savior or to reject Him and reap the consequences. That is not a threat. It is a gracious warning. The choice is between Heaven and hell. Eternal life or eternal condemnation. The choice is yours. Most will make the wrong choice.
This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. If you have anything you want to share about your relationship with God or if you think God has different relationships with people based upon their needs/differences/what have you - then I am all ears.
I'm sorry if you were under the impression that this thread was about somoething other than it is. I think that if you reread the original post - you will have a better understanding of the thread.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
"I can only present the truth". There's no other way! I understand. Yet, that's not what's wanted here. Anything pertaining to truth will be viewed as "off topic". Bless you my brother in Christ, keep standing up for TRUTH!!
Dear Betsey as far as i am concerned you are free to share what you want , it's more than likely i will not agree with you , but hey that's my problem not yours.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:13 PM

33,229 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
This has absolutely nothing to do with this thread. If you have anything you want to share about your relationship with God or if you think God has different relationships with people based upon their needs/differences/what have you - then I am all ears.
I'm sorry if you were under the impression that this thread was about somoething other than it is. I think that if you reread the original post - you will have a better understanding of the thread.
I replied to your misinterpretation that a threat was given, and just kept right on going.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:34 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
Me 2..and I like you too little bird (as "Just June" would say)...
Me 3

Old 07-03-2010, 08:42 PM

I really do want to thank everyone that has shared their opinions with me on this thread! I find it very illuminating to see where everyone is coming from! I'm glad that so many of you seem to have such open hearts! Thank you for answering my questions and for being so open with me. I really appreciate it! And my all means, if you have more sharing to do - please feel free!

Old 07-03-2010, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
Me 3
Thank you!

Old 07-03-2010, 10:23 PM

987 posts, read 1,118,874 times
I don't believe the posters on here THREATEN people with hell. I truly believe in their hearts they think they are WARNING, as one would warn motorists that the road ends up ahead.

Still it is a warning which, since it really isn't something that can be perceived in this world, falls mostly on soil that will not accept the seed, or that accept it for awhile but fall away after weeds spring up, or because temptations arise that they follow.

But I believe it is God who made the soil, and made the conditions of them all in their own timing.

Dewdrop, I enjoyed all the comments on personal relationships. I agree, it would be much nicer if we could all keep a more civil and courteous tone when we discuss doctrines, but we are still human and frustrations tend to give way to undesirable words at times.

It's wonderful knowing that atheists/agnostics do come and read on this forum. I have found I like philosophy.

Thanks for this 'interesting' thread. Peace be upon you and your loved ones.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:51 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarletWren View Post
I don't believe the posters on here THREATEN people with hell. I truly believe in their hearts they think they are WARNING, as one would warn motorists that the road ends up ahead.

Still it is a warning which, since it really isn't something that can be perceived in this world, falls mostly on soil that will not accept the seed, or that accept it for awhile but fall away after weeds spring up, or because temptations arise that they follow.

But I believe it is God who made the soil, and made the conditions of them all in their own timing.

Dewdrop, I enjoyed all the comments on personal relationships. I agree, it would be much nicer if we could all keep a more civil and courteous tone when we discuss doctrines, but we are still human and frustrations tend to give way to undesirable words at times.

It's wonderful knowing that atheists/agnostics do come and read on this forum. I have found I like philosophy.

Thanks for this 'interesting' thread. Peace be upon you and your loved ones.
Expressed very nicely. "It's wonderful knowing that atheists/agnostics do come and read on this forum". I do agree with you ScarletWren. I'm truly honored that they do......

Old 07-04-2010, 09:52 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Dear Betsey as far as i am concerned you are free to share what you want , it's more than likely i will not agree with you , but hey that's my problem not yours.
Thank you, I guess?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity