Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 06:28 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
A true artist with a vision...that you are my friend...
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:54 AM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I can't for the life of me figure out what you feel like you are accomplishing by badmouthing me. It really amazes me that you continue to act in this childish manner. You know - if you need to talk to someone - if there is something in your life that is making you continue to lash out - you can always DM and discuss things. And also - if you are ever interested to know what I actually believe - instead of telling people what I think for me when you have absolutely no idea - please let me know. I can cure you of your ignorance in that respect.
Please, let's just try to respect everyone.

YOU are the one that stated that YOU were the HEATHEN...no? You think that a heathen is a good thing? WRONG!!

Definition of heathen:

1. an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the god of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; pagan.
2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.

YOU were the one who stated that you didn't want to hear the truth...no? You think a lie is better? WRONG!! Yet, I'm the one bad-mouthing you?
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.

3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.

4. the state or character of being true.

5. actuality or actual existence.

6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.

7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.

On the contrary, you DID let people know exactly what you thought of yourself! And.......what you actually believed! And.........you CAME all the way here to say that! You did! Now I do know ignorance can be educated like you said....and there is a way to be cured, I agree. That's why I"m here on the Christianity side of the forum. I don't go elsewhere to post GOD'S TRUTH!! You all find your way here.....

And, thank you , I do have somebody to talk to....guess who? Yes, the very one and the same!

Betsey

Last edited by Betsey Lane; 07-08-2010 at 10:11 AM.. Reason: typo's, comma's, etc...

Old 07-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
YOU are the one that stated that YOU were the HEATHEN...no? You think that a heathen is a good thing? WRONG!!

Definition of heathen:

1. an unconverted individual of a people that do not acknowledge the god of the Bible; a person who is neither a Jew, Christian, nor Muslim; pagan.
2. an irreligious, uncultured, or uncivilized person.

YOU were the one who stated that you didn't want to hear the truth...no? You think a lie is better? WRONG!! Yet, I'm the one bad-mouthing you?
1. the true or actual state of a matter: He tried to find out the truth.
2. conformity with fact or reality; verity: the truth of a statement.

3. a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like: mathematical truths.

4. the state or character of being true.

5. actuality or actual existence.

6. an obvious or accepted fact; truism; platitude.

7. honesty; integrity; truthfulness.

On the contrary, you DID let people know exactly what you thought of yourself! And.......what you actually believed! And.........you CAME all the way here to say that! You did! Now I do know ignorance can be educated like you said....and there is a way to be cured, I agree. That's why I"m here on the Christianity side of the forum. I don't go elsewhere to post GOD'S TRUTH!! You all find your way here.....

And, thank you , I do have somebody to talk to....guess who? Yes, the very one and the same!

Betsey
I guess the difference is that I'm happy with who I am. You make me sound like a disease. And I didn't come on here and let people know what I "thought of myself" - you make it sound like I'm bragging or something. I'm simply sharing my opinions and asking people to share theirs. I understand what you think of my opinions - your narrowminded prejudices shine through very clearly. I know what you think of me. The fact of the matter is - I just don't care. You can view me as a disease - you can try to tell everyone else how little you think of me. That is fine. I just don't see the point. It's like you think you can bully me into believing what you believe. I find your animosity so offputting!!! And I think that others do as well.
You are free to believe whatever it is that you want. You can call your beliefs and your faith the "truth" if it pleases you. I respect your right to your own beliefs and opinions. You have shown that it is completely impossible for you to respect anyone's beliefs and opinions but yourself.
The funny thing is - I always try to be a good, honest, caring, understanding, accepting, funny person. All you can see is this one thing about me. You ignore everything I say.
You can call me a heathen like it's a dirty word. I don't mind. I am at peace with myself. You can be as nasty as you want - I will let you. I will, so to speak, turn the other cheek and let you slap that one as well.

Old 07-08-2010, 06:04 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,979 times
Quote:
I guess the difference is that I'm happy with who I am. You make me sound like a disease. And I didn't come on here and let people know what I "thought of myself" - you make it sound like I'm bragging or something. I'm simply sharing my opinions and asking people to share theirs. I understand what you think of my opinions - your narrowminded prejudices shine through very clearly. I know what you think of me. The fact of the matter is - I just don't care. You can view me as a disease - you can try to tell everyone else how little you think of me. That is fine. I just don't see the point. It's like you think you can bully me into believing what you believe. I find your animosity so offputting!!! And I think that others do as well.
You are free to believe whatever it is that you want. You can call your beliefs and your faith the "truth" if it pleases you. I respect your right to your own beliefs and opinions. You have shown that it is completely impossible for you to respect anyone's beliefs and opinions but yourself.
The funny thing is - I always try to be a good, honest, caring, understanding, accepting, funny person. All you can see is this one thing about me. You ignore everything I say.
You can call me a heathen like it's a dirty word. I don't mind. I am at peace with myself. You can be as nasty as you want - I will let you. I will, so to speak, turn the other cheek and let you slap that one as well.
I view you as a gentle, peace loving Psalmist...truly...

I'll quote "Just June"...sorry...but I like this one...

~Take gentle spiritual care~

Old 07-08-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I view you as a gentle, peace loving Psalmist...truly...

I'll quote "Just June"...sorry...but I like this one...

~Take gentle spiritual care~
Thank you! And I have nothing but the utmost respect for you!

Old 07-08-2010, 10:07 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,091 times
Quote:
I guess the difference is that I'm happy with who I am. You make me sound like a disease. And I didn't come on here and let people know what I "thought of myself" - you make it sound like I'm bragging or something. I'm simply sharing my opinions and asking people to share theirs. I understand what you think of my opinions - your narrow minded prejudices shine through very clearly. I know what you think of me. The fact of the matter is - I just don't care. You can view me as a disease - you can try to tell everyone else how little you think of me. That is fine. I just don't see the point. It's like you think you can bully me into believing what you believe. I find your animosity so off putting!!! And I think that others do as well.
Dewdrop93, that is so untrue. Betsey does not in the least think of you that way. I can only "know" you...through your own eyes. I never called you a "heathen"...that's is the way you introduced yourself.

I never told you that God doesn't love you...you don't want to hear the truth, not according to me, nor God! You said: "your truth was all that you needed", that you already know what you believed. Girl if you only knew me! If you only knew where Betsey "came" from.....where He brought me from!

I "think" nothing of you except that your heart's really crying out, that's all. You said that you are ..."simply sharing your opinions and asking people to share theirs". And, when I did just that, (shared my opinions, that is) you told me that I threatened you! WOW!!.....God doesn't want anyone feeling "threatened", I'm pretty sure that's not how He operates.

Listen to me Dewdrop93, I care, that's why I'm here, why I remain....I'm not here to harm, but to tell ALL, yes including you, that Christ loves us all in whatever condition we're in!' Girl, you should have seen how I came! All messed up!

I'm done here....bless you.

Denise, (a.k.a. Betsey)

Old 07-08-2010, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Dewdrop93, that is so untrue. Betsey does not in the least think of you that way. I can only "know" you...through your own eyes. I never called you a "heathen"...that's is the way you introduced yourself.

I never told you that God doesn't love you...you don't want to hear the truth, not according to me, nor God! You said: "your truth was all that you needed", that you already know what you believed. Girl if you only knew me! If you only knew where Betsey "came" from.....where He brought me from!

I "think" nothing of you except that your heart's really crying out, that's all. You said that you are ..."simply sharing your opinions and asking people to share theirs". And, when I did just that, (shared my opinions, that is) you told me that I threatened you! WOW!!.....God doesn't want anyone feeling "threatened", I'm pretty sure that's not how He operates.

Listen to me Dewdrop93, I care, that's why I'm here, why I remain....I'm not here to harm, but to tell ALL, yes including you, that Christ loves us all in whatever condition we're in!' Girl, you should have seen how I came! All messed up!

I'm done here....bless you.

Denise, (a.k.a. Betsey)
Betsey - if you actually care about people- you listen to them and try to understand what they are saying. You have not listened. You have not understood. My heart is not crying out. My heart is very happy and peaceful. I have the most wonderful husband, mother, dog, friends and family that a person could ever ask for. My heart is at peace. I know that you are unable to understand that - but it is true.
I am not interested in "your truth." That's all it is to me - YOUR truth. I believe a different truth in my heart. And yet - I have not once tried to convert you. I have not once told you that you would be going to hell. I have not once told you that you are unwilling to see the truth. You think you are right. I think you are wrong. I think I am right. You think I am wrong. I agree to disagree. You have been UNBEARABLE!

I asked how people felt about God's relationship with people. You have not even attempted to answer my question. The only "opinions" that you have shared with me is that I'm going to Hell, that I need to listen to your truth, that I'm crying out, that I'm totally lost. This is not even remotely on topic. This is what your answers to me have been like:
//www.city-data.com/forum/14951001-post7.html

Whether or not you mean to threaten people - that's how it comes off. It pays to be aware of these things. I feel like you just keep attacking me - in a very disrespectful manner. Like I said - I'm not upset by it - but if you aren't aware at how offensive your comments appear to be - I suggest you take a good look at yourself.

Maybe you came from a bad place. Maybe God helped you. If that is the case - I'm glad. I don't disrespect other people's beliefs. If finding God made you a better person and helped you through things - I think that's wonderful. But I am not you. I'm not in a dark place. Like I said, you know nothing about me. And to be perfectly honest - I'd like to keep it that way.

Old 07-09-2010, 11:50 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,527,269 times
Quote:
Betsey - if you actually care about people- you listen to them and try to understand what they are saying. You have not listened. You have not understood. My heart is not crying out. My heart is very happy and peaceful. I have the most wonderful husband, mother, dog, friends and family that a person could ever ask for. My heart is at peace. I know that you are unable to understand that - but it is true.
I am not interested in "your truth." That's all it is to me - YOUR truth. I believe a different truth in my heart. And yet - I have not once tried to convert you. I have not once told you that you would be going to hell. I have not once told you that you are unwilling to see the truth. You think you are right. I think you are wrong. I think I am right. You think I am wrong. I agree to disagree. You have been UNBEARABLE!

I asked how people felt about God's relationship with people. You have not even attempted to answer my question. The only "opinions" that you have shared with me is that I'm going to Hell, that I need to listen to your truth, that I'm crying out, that I'm totally lost. This is not even remotely on topic. This is what your answers to me have been like:
//www.city-data.com/forum/14951001-post7.html

Whether or not you mean to threaten people - that's how it comes off. It pays to be aware of these things. I feel like you just keep attacking me - in a very disrespectful manner. Like I said - I'm not upset by it - but if you aren't aware at how offensive your comments appear to be - I suggest you take a good look at yourself.

Maybe you came from a bad place. Maybe God helped you. If that is the case - I'm glad. I don't disrespect other people's beliefs. If finding God made you a better person and helped you through things - I think that's wonderful. But I am not you. I'm not in a dark place. Like I said, you know nothing about me. And to be perfectly honest - I'd like to keep it that way.
I agree.... Betsey does come across as angry, intolerant, and judgmental.

And if this is after God has "made you a better person" I tend to wonder just what Betsey was before finding God.

IF I were viewed that way while spreading the "gospel" I would hope someone would tell me the truth about it in such a loving (unheathen) way.

Kudos to you Dewdrop!

Old 07-09-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I agree.... Betsey does come across as angry, intolerant, and judgmental.

And if this is after God has "made you a better person" I tend to wonder just what Betsey was before finding God.

IF I were viewed that way while spreading the "gospel" I would hope someone would tell me the truth about it in such a loving (unheathen) way.
You know - it kind of makes me rethink my whole "God has different relationships with different people" thing. I can't imagine a God that would want someone to treat others that way! It seems that some of the people that yell the loudest, that condemn the most, that are the harshest judges, that call people wicked - are the ones that claim that they alone know the truth. I would never follow a "truth" that made me treat others that way. I prefer kindness, tolerance, and understanding. I just don't get it...

Oh well... On second thought, I'll stick to my belief that God is different things to different people. I think, if there is a God - he would be smart enough to know that not all people would respond to the exact same thing. A good director knows that he/she needs to treat every actor differently to bring the best out of them. I can't imagine that God would be less understanding than a good director!

Old 07-09-2010, 06:55 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,381,249 times
Don't be so hard on Betsey, she really does care. Her heart aches for lost people as all Christians should. As Christians we don't want to see someone on their way to hell. Maybe her approach was too strong, but in her heart, she meant well, and after all this is supposed to be a Christianity Forum and when we see an unsaved person yes we are going to tell you about Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity