Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 08:50 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,108 times

Advertisements

Has anyone wondered about this? It seems like a hard question especially when Jesus had said this:

Matthew 28: 18And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

And yet....

Acts 2:38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. 39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

If one follows Acts, you do not see any account of anyone being baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost as addressing each Person of God. The name of Jesus was the name to be baptized in.

Has anyone considered that the name of Jesus is the name of God as in that is the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, and that is the reason why the name of each Person of God was not being used by the disciples and those that followed when baptizing anyone?

Isaiah 9: 6For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

John 14:16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18I will not leave you comfortless:I will come to you. 19Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also. 20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you. 21He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him. 22Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world? 23Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

2 Corinthians 13: 5Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Matthew 1: 20But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the LORD appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost. 21And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. 22Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 23Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

This is not a Oneness doctrine because Jesus used different pronouns to specify that there is the Father as referring to "he" as there is the Holy Spirit in referring to Him as "he", and yet He would say "I" as coming unto them as well as "we" in John 14:23. So there is no mistaken that the doctrine of the Trinity is correct, but the name of the Trinity is not the Trinity, but the name of Jesus.

Trinity is not the name to be used if one seeks to honour God and thus God. The name of Jesus is the name we call upon to be saved and the name of Jesus is the name above every other name in worship as that is why this is the mind of Christ we are to have.

Philippians 2:5Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men: 8And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. 9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

So stop using the name of the Trinity since the name of God is Jesus.

Trinity is the name of a doctrine, explaining the Three Persons of the Godhead.

Jesus is the name of God and it is His name that is to be exalting above every other name because GOD is exalting that name above ever other name. Dare we think we can do one better?

Then by His grace, let us be witnesses of the Son in honouring God and in worshipping Him as there is no other name to honour God.

John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41I receive not honour from men. 42But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only?

John 5:22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.

Since that is the standard of judgment the body of believers will be judged by, it is time we prune away all the extras and start honouring God in word and deed by honouring the Son in His name.

Colossians 3: 16Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

John 14:6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father,but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

1 Timothy 2: 5For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

So it is not the name of the Holy Spirit as addressing the Holy Spirit, but the name of Jesus one should be addressing God by. We have access to the Father by way of Jesus Christ as the Son in His name is the only way.

John 10:1Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. ....7Then said Jesus unto them again, Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. 8All that ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not hear them. 9I am the door:

It is certain that the way to God has been broaden by use of the Trinity doctrine.

Matthew 7:13Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

The solution is simple as the Gospel is in having that reconciled relationship with God.

Luke 13: 24Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

2 Corinthians 5:18And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; 19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. 20Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 21For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Whom are you being an ambassader for? The Church? Mary? The Holy Spirit? The Trinity? What did Jesus say in how He would get the glory for answered prayers? In His name and no other.

John 14:13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

Time to do what God is doing, exalting the name of Jesus above every other name and no other because Jesus is the name of God as He is the only way we can have that relationship with God in the Heavenly realm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 01:09 PM

3 posts, read 2,693 times
Default Father, Son and Holy Spirit

All are one. Open eyes open ears and allow wisdom and understanding to enter. baptism must be done in the name of All. prayers must be asked for in the name of Jesus. The Lord sent you a letter. it's called the Bible. Read it with understanding and ask for wisdom. you quote as if you are trying to search for false teaching. you will find only truth. why do you question the truth. do you not believe? i suggest you find a good church that preaches only from the King James Version, chapter by chapter, verse by verse. Arthur, Dennis, and David Murray offer everyday church service on satelite and online. They teach only the truth and do not elaborate with personal revolation or beg for dollars. keep studying the word and ask for understanding and you will receive it. God sent the Word to Walk among us and to teach us. God Bless

Old 07-02-2010, 03:46 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Jesus paid the price and was granted the Honor to mediate between believers and the Lord for their salvation into the family of God .....Water baptism gives proof to Heaven that the believer is serious and willing to repent and turn from sin that must be rejected then and forever more , and must be able body willing to love the Lord and excercise faith to help love the Lord and his neighbour....... and when the Lord is convinced then that in a believer will be Baptised by Holy Spirit where all the gifts and calling come from ....Glory to God.......

Old 07-05-2010, 11:47 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times
Baptism into Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and the Father is not a water baptism - FYI.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:12 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Water baptism is not necessary. You can do it a million times over and you will still be the same exact person. Jesus did it because He didn't come here to change the world. He came bringing the glad tidings about our Father in Heaven and how to become At-One with Him.

Baptism with God's Divine Love is the only baptism that will make a difference. One drop of this Love will start to change you from the inside. As you acquire more and more of it, you slowly become perfect as our Father is perfect. No water baptism can do that. It only gets you wet. Divine Love keeps you dry and gives you a new heart.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:39 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Water baptism is not necessary. You can do it a million times over and you will still be the same exact person. Jesus did it because He didn't come here to change the world. He came bringing the glad tidings about our Father in Heaven and how to become At-One with Him.

Baptism with God's Divine Love is the only baptism that will make a difference. One drop of this Love will start to change you from the inside. As you acquire more and more of it, you slowly become perfect as our Father is perfect. No water baptism can do that. It only gets you wet. Divine Love keeps you dry and gives you a new heart.

Only the blood of Christ will make a difference in ones eternal life. The Old Testament tells us a man would come to the world to die for the sins of many. Jesus Christ is the one who died for the sins of the world. If you try to get to heaven, or to the Father without Him, you will fail.

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I AM THE WAY, THE TRUTH, AND THE LIFE: NO MAN COMETH UNTO THE FATHER, BUT BY ME.

Without question, Jesus came to change the world. And Jesus tells us, that we can only come to the Father, after we come to Him first. Any other belief, is inspired by demons. And those who spread such nonsense will have to give an account before Christ Throne on the day of judgement.

Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Not that i would make a doctrine out of it , but why would the disciples go and baptize in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ after Jesus told them to do so in the name of the Father , Son and Holy Ghost ?

To me they fully understood He meant Lord Jesus Christ otherwise they would have baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:

Why Jesus was baptized in water is explained by John in his gospel (John 1:29-35).

Old 07-06-2010, 11:08 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why Jesus was baptized in water is explained by John in his gospel (John 1:29-35).
Like I said, it isn't necessary. John baptised because it was taught. It doesn't mean it's true, just that it was taught. So, when Jesus came along, He was baptised because it was done in that day. The baptism with Divine Love is what Jesus taught and is still teaching.

Old 07-06-2010, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Like I said, it isn't necessary. John baptised because it was taught. It doesn't mean it's true, just that it was taught. So, when Jesus came along, He was baptised because it was done in that day. The baptism with Divine Love is what Jesus taught and is still teaching.
I don't understand what good Jesus and John is if you don't reference the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity