Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
I AGREE WITH YOU 100%. The bible makes it quite clear, and these words came right out of Jesus' mouth. He said that he is the way, the truth, and the life, and no man can come to the Father but by Him. John 14:6
Exactly He is , not Christianity .

Selah
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 06:59 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
There are a lot of religions that exist in this world. And even in that religion different groups exist like Christianity, many Christians group exist with different beliefs, they interpret the bible differently which leads them to these different beliefs, so just by saying that you're a Christian really doesn't mean anything until you are more specific about what parts of the bible you believe and practice and what's your interpretation about a topic or a verse in the bible. Many simply just continue the religious beliefs they were raised with as kids and end up as adults, saying it was their choice but if they were raised in another part of the world, their religion would be different. All of these books were written by man. Man makes errors and how are we suppose to know that what is written in the bible is what was actually written by the 1st person that wrote it? They could of changed some stuff in the bible and that means YOU ARE NO LONGER the entire truth. If I am NOT getting the entire truth, then why should I join this religion? If I am going to join a religion then I better know everything about it.

Did you just pick the religion you were raised in? The one you agreed with? The one you liked?

Why are you wanting to join a religion?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:55 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
We Catholics have it right.

(no priest comments please)
How is that?

Old 07-06-2010, 11:56 AM

2,085 posts, read 2,468,724 times
God created us, and he told us how to get to heaven. Through Christ alone. Plain and simple.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:56 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,945,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnosis View Post
There are a lot of religions that exist in this world. And even in that religion different groups exist like Christianity, many Christians group exist with different beliefs, they interpret the bible differently which leads them to these different beliefs, so just by saying that you're a Christian really doesn't mean anything until you are more specific about what parts of the bible you believe and practice and what's your interpretation about a topic or a verse in the bible. Many simply just continue the religious beliefs they were raised with as kids and end up as adults, saying it was their choice but if they were raised in another part of the world, their religion would be different. All of these books were written by man. Man makes errors and how are we suppose to know that what is written in the bible is what was actually written by the 1st person that wrote it? They could of changed some stuff in the bible and that means YOU ARE NO LONGER the entire truth. If I am NOT getting the entire truth, then why should I join this religion? If I am going to join a religion then I better know everything about it.

Did you just pick the religion you were raised in? The one you agreed with? The one you liked?

We do not really know, I was raised in a fundamentalist Christian home but have since retained the aspect of that by believing in God and Christ but personally I think there is a much greater perspective most miss.

While some object that "many paths lead to God" we actually can observe that they do.

Some would say the american indians are damned to hell because they call their beliefs in relationship to the "Great Spirit" but in reality it is Christ in their perspective.

Even atheist object to some ideas I have because cultures are so steeped in religion and dogma that (and I do not blame them) they do not want any association to religion at all, yet, we can find many atheists that exhibit the spirit of Christ in their lives.

Who am I to say that they must conform to my beliefs or face some hell for eternity. Well.... I am not to say...

Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 PM

139 posts, read 223,785 times
to me religion is my relationship with god.. no particular sect/denomination.. just between me and the most high.
Bless

Old 07-06-2010, 03:43 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,569,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howgreatthouart View Post
to me religion is my relationship with god.. no particular sect/denomination.. just between me and the most high.
Bless

Old 07-06-2010, 04:55 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Just go and ask Jesus what religion is the truth, talk to him all the time and just talk into the wind day after day after day and Jesus is listening to you and keep talking to him and he will lead you in the right path , believe it works, recognise Jesus is there and he will lead you ..... when you repent and turn you will know the truth...............

Old 07-06-2010, 04:59 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Here is my "religion" and if EVERYONE followed it, the world would be a far better place.

Do NOT do to others what you do not want done to you .

Simple! No church, holybook, pastor, Shaman, priest, temple, sacrifices, rituals, promises of la la land or fear of eternal torment needed.

Do it in your own life and pass on the message.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 PM

63,800 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Here is my "religion" and if EVERYONE followed it, the world would be a far better place.

Do NOT do to others what you do not want done to you .

Simple! No church, holybook, pastor, Shaman, priest, temple, sacrifices, rituals, promises of la la land or fear of eternal torment needed.

Do it in your own life and pass on the message.
It doesn't work so well with the masochists, perverts, and myriad disturbed individuals in our societies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity