Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times

Advertisements

Sometimes I think God purposely doesn't show himself in an obvious way to test us, to see how much faith in him we have. The more 'in tune' with Him we are, the more we experience him in the everyday.

It's not really an original idea or anything but I think it's a good way to look at it sometimes when it seems God isn't there or is very distant. As Christ said 'blessed are those who do not see but still believe.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 06:59 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,155,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Sometimes I think God purposely doesn't show himself in an obvious way to test us, to see how much faith in him we have. The more 'in tune' with Him we are, the more we experience him in the everyday.

It's not really an original idea or anything but I think it's a good way to look at it sometimes when it seems God isn't there or is very distant. As Christ said 'blessed are those who do not see but still believe.'
Agreed.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:06 AM

987 posts, read 1,119,498 times
I don't mean to be disagreeable, but to me, since God is the author and finisher of our faith, He already knows how much faith we have and will have.

I believe that this life is about finishing us and making us perfect through tribulations trials, and sorrow, but splashes of joy mixed in for good measure. As Jesus was perfected. In order to instill kindness, patience, forgiveness, faith and trust in us, we must experience all the opposites and that is what, imho, this life is about. Once the object of our faith is realized, it is no longer faith, but love endures forever.

God has ages upon ages in which to work to perfect His creation. It isn't that he made any mistakes and is trying to fix/upgrade the original model, it is that THIS is what He determined to be the best method to create and perfect Sons and Daughters for His family. I don't have all the answers, my walk is far from perfect, can't even call it good, but I know that He began a good work in me will not give up or leave me, but is faithful to finish me in His image.

Blessings and great joy to all.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:33 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
I believe the Lord reveals Himself by nature and character to us to encourage us to walk in faith . I do a lot of considering, and i believe that is down to Him prompting me to do so

This as always been a precious verse to me
62 Now Isaac had come from Beer Lahai Roi, for he was living in the Negev. 63 He went out to the field one evening to meditate, Genesis 24

I like to think lovely thoughts as this prompts faith also , i believe this is why Paul encouraged it.

Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,883 times
I believe that God does know how much faith we have and will have, however, it's up to us. and until we can fully have the faith needed and learn to rely on Him is when we will experience Him the most.
It's through the tests, that we grow closer to God.
Thank you for reminding us all.
Blessings

Old 07-12-2010, 06:28 PM

530 posts, read 903,097 times
Quote:

Yep - I agree

Old 07-12-2010, 06:35 PM

32 posts, read 74,922 times
Quote:

I think that there is a lot of pain in life to make it more likely that we will give up doing it on our own and seek him.

We are gods hands on Earth. After we are followers I think god puts us in places where we sometimes feel pain for a purpose (Like to protect a new believer, help bring another to god or preventing something bad from happening etc.). But the pain we experiance is different as followers its hard to explain but usually its not a "suffering" type pain we feel. Life becomes harder but more rewarding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity