Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:13 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,657,614 times

Advertisements

...where we left off...

So!...which is the Lord's day according to the Bible? The Sabbath! NOT! Sunday!

So!..."I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day..." - Rev. 1:10...this verse just doesn't seem to cut any ice as far as the Catholic church is concerned...so how about this one?>>..." Therefore the Son of man is Lord also of the Sabbath!" (Mark 2:28)

Does that do away with the Sabbath?...or is it established who is in authority when it comes to the Sabbath? By the way, who created this world? Was it the Father?...or...was it through the Son? It was through the Son!!! Read John 1...In the beginning was the Word , and the Word was with God, and the Word was God!...everything that was created on this world was created THROUGH HIM!...FOR HIM!...By His Word it stands!
__________________________________________________ ________

Bless Your Word Father, in Jesus name...open blind eyes and soften hardened hearts to receive Your truth...Amen.

Jesus is LORD of the Sabbath.

"Sunday is a Catholic institution, and its cliams to observance can be defended only on Catholic principles...(these are ALL! Catholic quotes!)...from the beginning to the end of Scripture, there is not a single passage which warrents the transfer of weekly public worship from the last day, the seventh day of the week [Saturday] to the first [Sunday]." Catholic Press (Sydney) August 25, 1900.

...They [the Catholic church] are straight forward in this!...

"You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday." James Cardinal Gibbons, "The Faith of Our Father's", pg 89.

The Catholic church is throwing up their hands and saying..."There! Take it or leave it! Choose!!!"...

"The Christian Sabbath [Sunday] is therefore, to this day, the acknowledged offspring of the Catholic church, as spouse of the Holy Ghost, without a word of remonstrance from the protestant world." The Catholic Mirror. Sept 23, 1893.

So!...they say to the Protestants, "You say you're Protestants? Why do you ask then? If you obey us, then you're ours! Are you ours or not?"...The arrogance!!!...

"If Protestants would follow the Bible, they should worship God on the Sabbath day [Saturday]. In keeping the Sunday, they are following a law of the Catholic church." Albert Smith, Chancellor of The Archdiocese of Baltimore, replying for the Cardinal in a letter dated February 10, 1920...(This is the Catholic church speaking! )

"Protestantism, in discarding the authority of the Roman [Catholic] Church, has no good reasons for its Sunday theory, and ought logically, to keep Saturday as the Sabbath." John Gilmary Shea, in the "American Catholic Quarterly Review." January 1883.

THIS IS REALLY ARROGANT!!!

"Not the Creator of the Universe, in Genesis 2:1-3, but the Catholic church "can claim the honor of having granted man a pause to his work every seven days!" S.C. Monta, "Storia della Dominica" 1969. pg. 366, 367.......It blows my mind!!!...This is just unbelievable!!!...This wasn't even stated in the middle ages!...this was stated in 1969!!!

...and this! should really clench it!...

"Reason and common sense demand the acceptance of one or the other of these alternatives; either Protestantism and the keeping holy of Saturday, or Catholicity, and the keeping holy of Sunday. Compromise is impossible." The Catholic Mirror, December 23, 1893.

THERE'S ^^^ THE BATTLE LINE!!!......

If you obey God, you keep Saturday!

If you obey the Catholic church, you're keeping Sunday!...you're really obeying the Pope! That doesn't mean that Protestants out there who have never heard this information, they have the "mark-of-the-beast!...they don't!...because God is judging them according to the light that they have...but this issue is going to become prominent!!! very, very soon!...because the present Pope has called for World Wide Sunday Legislation!!!......and your President has said, "We want to implement his teachings!"....interesting......!

So...now...why do Protestants keep on keeping Sunday?...what do they say?...do they know this?...YES!!! They DO!!! know it!...read for yourself!!!.........

PROTESTANT TESTIMONY EPISCOPAL:

"Is there any commandment in the New Testament to change the day of weekly rest from Saturday to Sunday? None." Manual of Christian Doctrine. pg. 127. "We have made a change from the seventh day [Saturday] to the first day [Sunday], on the authority of the one holy Catholic and Apostolic Church of Christ." Why We Keep Sunday' pg. 28.

...THEY KNOW!!!

PROTESTANT TESTIMONY LUTHERN:

"The observance of the LORD'S day (Sunday) is founded not on any commandment of God, but on the authority of the church." "The Augsburg Confession" In: "Catholic Sabbath Manual", part 2, section10.<<<THIS IS THE CENTRAL DOCUMENT FOR LUTHERANISM!

...THEY KNOW!!! o.k...what about the Presbyterian?

PROTESTANT TESTIMONY PRESBYTERIAN:

"A change in the day to be observed from the last day [Saturday] of the week to the first [Sunday]. There is no express commandment authorizing this change." N.L. Rice, "The Christian Sabbath", pg. 60.

...THEY KNOW IT!!! fine!...what about the Methodist?

PROTESTANT TESTIMONY METHODIST:

"Take the matter of Sunday...there is no passage telling Christians to keep that day, or to transfer the Jewish Sabbath [Saturday] to that day." H.F. Rall, Christian Advocate, July 2, 1942.

...THEY KNOW IT TOO!!!...what's going on here??!!!??...what about the Congregationalists?

PROTESTANT TESTIMONY CONGREGATIONALISTS:

"IT IS QUITE CLEAR THAT HOWEVER RIGIDLY OR DEVOUTLY WE SPEND SUNDAY, WE ARE NOT KEEPING THE SABBATH. There is not a single sentence in the New Testament to suggest that we incur any penalty by violating the supposed sanctity of Sunday." Dr. R.W. Dale, "The Ten Commandments", pg. 100, 101.
"Many people think that Sunday is the Sabbath, but neither in the New Testament nor in the early church, is there anything to suggest that we have any right to transfer the observance of the seventh day [Saturday] of the week to the first [Sunday]. Rev. Lionel Beere, "Church and People", Sept. 1, 1947.

...THEY KNOW!!!...o.k...what about the Baptist?

PROTESTANT TESTIMONY BAPTIST:

"There was and is a commandment to keep holy the Sabbath day, but that Sabbath day was not Sunday...There's no Scriptural evidence of the change of the Sabbath institution from the seventh day [Saturday] to the first day [Sunday] of the week." Dr. Edward T. Hiscox, (author of The Baptist Manual) New York Ministers Conference, Nov. 13, 1893.

...SO THEY ALL KNOW!!! EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM KNOW!!!

"Reverand Philip Garrington, Anglican Archbishop of Quebec, sent local clergymen into a huddle today by saying outright that there was nothing to support Sunday being kept holy. Carrington definately told a church meeting in this city of straightlaced protestantism that TRADITION!, NOT! the Bible, had made Sunday the day of worship." Toronto Daily Star, Oct. 26, 1949.

...SO!...TRADITION!!! PAGAN TRADITION!!! INTRODUCED BY ROME!!! KEPT IT!!!...so...now...what does their law say about THEIR "tradition"...?...let's read that...

"Almost all church's throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries (the Lord's Supper) on the Sabbath [Saturday] of every week...yet the Christian's of Alexandrea and at Rome, on account of some ANCIENT TRADITION!, have ceased to do this." Ecclesiastical History, book 5; ch.22; NPNF 2nd Series, V2, pg.132.

Now...Alexandrea is the one where all the pagan doctrines were introduced, this is where the Sadducees learned that there was no resurrection!...but that when you go to heaven, you go straight to Abraham's lap!!!...and Jesus said, "HEY!!!...What are you teaching here!!!???!!! There's NO SUCH THING!!!...

...SO!...Alexandrea and Rome are the seat of paganism!

Alexandrea taught ancient Egyptian gnostic histories, and, based on Cabolism...on gnosticism...ANCIENT TRADITION!

Well...Catholic record says...

..."Sunday is founded not on Scripture, but on TRADITION, and is a distinctly Catholic institution. Catholic Record, Sept. 17, 1893.

...to be continued.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 07:25 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...where we left off...

So!...which is the Lord's day according to the Bible? The Sabbath! NOT! Sunday!

This matters why?

Is this a lie Verna? No Sabbath keeping here.

John 6: 28-65

"They said therefore unto him, What must we do, that we may work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

They said therefore unto him, What then doest thou for a sign, that we may see, and believe thee? what workest thou? Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, He gave them bread out of heaven to eat. Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, It was not Moses that gave you the bread out of heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which cometh down out of heaven, and giveth life unto the world. They said therefore unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. Jesus said unto them. I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
But I said unto you, that ye have seen me, and yet believe not. All that which the Father giveth me shall come unto me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

For I am come down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the will of him that sent me, that of all that which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. The Jews therefore murmured concerning him, because he said, I am the bread which came down out of heaven.

And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how doth he now say, I am come down out of heaven? Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.

It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath heard from the Father, and hath learned, cometh unto me.
Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he that is from God, he hath seen the Father.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth hath eternal life. I am the bread of life.
Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
The Jews therefore strove one with another, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have not life in yourselves. He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father; so he that eateth me, he also shall live because of me. This is the bread which came down out of heaven: not as the fathers ate, and died; he that eateth this bread shall live for ever. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. Many therefore of his disciples, when the heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it? But Jesus knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said unto them, Doth this cause you to stumble?
What then if ye should behold the Son of man ascending where he was before?
It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life.
But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who it was that should betray him.
And he said, For this cause have I said unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it be given unto him of the Father. "

Old 07-07-2010, 02:40 AM

Default Post #5...Total Onslaught...The Crime of All Ages!...

...where we left off..

...SO!...TRADITION!!! PAGAN TRADITION!!! INTRODUCED BY ROME!!! KEPT IT!!!...so...now...what does their law say about THEIR "tradition"...?...let's read that...

"Almost all church's throughout the world celebrate the sacred mysteries (the Lord's Supper) on the Sabbath [Saturday] of every week...yet the Christian's of Alexandrea and at Rome, on account of some ANCIENT TRADITION!, have ceased to do this." Ecclesiastical History, book 5; ch.22; NPNF 2nd Series, V2, pg.132.

Now...Alexandrea is the one where all the pagan doctrines were introduced, this is where the Sadducees learned that there was no resurrection!...but that when you go to heaven, you go straight to Abraham's lap!!!...and Jesus said, "HEY!!!...What are you teaching here!!!???!!! There's NO SUCH THING!!!...

...SO!...Alexandrea and Rome are the seat of paganism!

Alexandrea taught ancient Egyptian gnostic histories, and, based on Cabolism...on gnosticism...ANCIENT TRADITION!

Well...Catholic record says...

..."Sunday is founded not on Scripture, but on TRADITION, and is a distinctly Catholic institution. Catholic Record, Sept. 17, 1893.
__________________________________________________ _________

Bless Your Word Father, in Jesus name...Amen.

"The New Testament makes no explicit mention that the Apostles changed the day of worship, but we know it from TRADITION. "The New Revised Baltimore Catechism (1949) pg. 139....<<<THESE ARE THE AUTHORITATIVE DOCUMENTS OF THE CHURCH!...AND IT'S ALL BASED ON TRADITION!...and the Bible says in Matthew 15:3,6,9...But He answered and said to them, Why do you also transgress the commanment of God by your TRADITION?...And you voided the commandment of God by your TRADITION?...But in vain they worship Me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men!...Jesus said this!!!!...in Matthew!!!!!!...read it again!!!.........

....Can you do it?..yes?...or no?...can you substitute TRADITION! for OBEDIENCE?...NO!!!!!!...YOU CANNOT!!!!!!

"These people honor Me with their lips but their hearts are far from Me. They worship Me in vain; their teachings are but rules taught by men...And He said to them, 'You have a fine way of setting aside the commandments of God in order to observe your own TRADITIONS." MARK 7:7,9.

So.......the Bible says one thing...Pope says another...and here we have the basis for conflict...and this basis for conflict is going to rise like a mushroom...and it's going to come to a head! very, very soon!

"The authority of the church could therefore not be bound to the authority of the Scripture, because the church had changed the Sabbath into Sunday...not by the commandment of Christ...but BY IT"S OWN AUTHORITY." Canon and Tradition pg.263.

That's it! That's our choice! Whether we like it or whether we don't!

Acts 20:29,30 Jesus says this..."For I know this, that after My departure, grievous wolves will come in among you, not sparing the flock; and out of yourselves will rise up men speaking perverted things, in order to draw away the disciples after themselves."...does anyone "see" this...?...it's so painfully clear...you have to be blind not to see what has happened to us...from the beginning...lies...lies...and more lies...!!!

THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK IN THE NEW TESTAMENT.

FIRST TEXT: Matthew 28:1 In the end of the Sabbath [Saturday], as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week [Sunday], came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre. NEB (New English Bible):

...the Sabbath had passed and it was about daybreak on Sunday when Mary...

If you go to your churches, and you ask them, "Why do we keep Sunday?"...then there will be this scurry...and a flurry...and then there will be some Scriptural evidence brought forward or all the authoritive writers have said, "There is no! Scriptural authority for the transfer. Yet they (your church pastor, priest or elder...or most ANYONE! you try to ask or talk to about it to!) will tell you there are text in the Bible which said that they worshipped on the first day of the week [Sunday], and therefore we worship on the first day of the week...OR!...they will say that Jesus abolished the Sabbath and nailed it to the cross and we no longer keep it on Saturday...(<<<THIS IS WHAT MY PASTOR TOLD ME WHEN I QUESTIONED HIM ABOUT THIS! ), therefore let no one judge you as to the Sabbath day...quoting Colossians and all those texts...OR!...they will say to you, "How do you know what the Sabbath is?...you know there's been so much time to learn, it really doesn't matter...observe it any day...all week...everyday... (<<<where have I heard this SO MANY TIMES...?...hummmmm?)...

...WELL!...What day did GOD SAY! you MUST! observe? SABBATH DAY!!! SATURDAY!!!

Let's look at these 8 texts used to substantiate Sabbath service:

Text 1: The First Day of The Week...(Is there anything about the change in the Sabbath? NO! It's purely a historic statement.) The New English Bible says, "The Sabbath has passed, and it was daybreak on Sunday when Mary..." So it is purely a factual statement!
Luke 23:54,56 (tells us that these women kept the Sabbath!)..."...then they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the Sabbath day according to the commandment."
...so, they knew nothing about a change. When these women came on the first day [Sunday]...is because they didn't come on the Sabbath day [Saturday] because they rested according to the commandments.

Text 2: We find in Mark 16:1,2...1. "And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary, the mother of James, and Salome, had brought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint Him..." 2. "And very early in the morning the FIRST DAY [Sunday] OF THE WEEK, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun..." ...anything about a change here?...NO!

Text 3: Mark 16:9 "Now when Jesus was risen early on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday], He appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom He had cast seven devils..." ...anything about a change here? NO! Just statement of fact!

Text 4: Luke 24:1 "Now upon the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday] very early in the morning, they came into the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them..."

Text 5: John 20:1 THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday] cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sephulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre..."

Text 6: John 20:19 "Then the same day at evening, being the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday], when the doors were shut, where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them..'Peace...be unto you.' "

Text 7: Acts 20:7 "And upon the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday] when the disciples came together to break bread, Paul preached unto them, ready to depart on the morrow; and continued his speech until midnight."

...The NEB says on Saturday night they came together...ahhhh! they [the naysayers] say..."Here's a text that says they worshipped on Sunday!"...the end of the Sabbath is what time of day? The evening, after sundown, Saturday. So...they came together the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday]...it was evening...they came to break bread. But Paul preached to them...ready to depart on the morrow...so...when the light should dawn it would still be on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday], and he was going to go a long, long way, and he talked to them until midnight...poor 'ol Uticus, he was sitting in the window...and Paul was probably going on and on and on and on...and he fell out of the window because he fell asleep!...Remember that story? This was an evening meeting on Saturday EVENING!...but it wasn't held on the Sabbath because the Sabbath was holy...they came together after the Sabbath. Paul had to tell them so many things before he left on his long journey...and if Sunday was so holy, why? was Paul planning to leave and walk many, many miles on a "so-called" holy day? Let's make sure the breaking of the bread was in the evening.

Acts 20:8-11 "And there were many lights in the upper chamber, where they were gathered together. When he therefore was come up again and had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, even till break of day...so he departed."

Now...as for the other...the breaking of the bread...

Acts 2:46 says: "And they, continuing daily, with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart."

..so...they didn't have a "communion", they had supper together! That's what it was! eating supper! together each evening!

One text left...the previous one supports the sancity of the Sabbath...because only after the Sabbath did they come together to discuss issues, and then, off they went.

Text 8: 1 Corinthians 16:1,2 "Now, concerning the collection for the saints, as I have given order to the churches of Galatia, even so do ye> Upon the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday], let every on of you lay by him in store>>[Weymoth Translation: at his home], as God hath prospered him, that there be no gatherings when I come..."

...so the critics will say, "Well, they held the collection during service in church...NO! NO!...the text reads, first, to a putting aside the money on a weekly basis. When is payday on a weekly basis? FRIDAY. Friday you get your pay - the work is over - now you take your money home...but, in the mindset of the Hebrew, Friday is the preparation - you're getting ready for the Sabbath...Paul says, "Put your money aside on the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday], after the Sabbath." ...so...none of these texts change the sabbath!

...to be continued.

Old 07-07-2010, 06:20 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Since Jesus died on a WED eve, just before sundown, and rose 72 hours later, just as the sun went down, and the first day began, the ealy Church met on the first day of the week, to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, and that first day meeting for them was in the evening of the first day, jsut as Sabbath ended.
Jesus fulfilled the feast of First of Firstfruits, when He rose on the first day of the week, just as the sun went down from Sabbath.
He gathered up those whom He aised form the dead with Him, who came out of their graves and walked about the city and were seen by many, and ascended with them, to the Father, as High Priest of earth, to present them there in heaven's temple on the First of Firstfruits offering, of earth's harvest of sons of God.
That is why Believers celebrate the resurrection on the first day of the week, and did so from the beginning of the NT Church.

Celebrating the resurrection and meeting together as the Church was always on the first day of the week.
There is no Scripture support for meeting together as a Church on the Sabbath/seventh day. And the priest worked qall day, offering the prescribed sacrifices.
Sabbath was never a law for Gentiles, but a sign to rehearse, given to the namesake people of the New Man name, , about the time when all could enter into that true Sabbath rest of finished works in Christ, by His atonement and resurrection from the dead.

The Jews never "had Church" meetings, under the Law, when the temple stood, and their habit for congregating in synagogues in the diaspora was not written in Moses, but was their own doings to show solidarity as Jews who were waiting for the day the temple would be built again.

Old 07-08-2010, 12:00 AM

Default Post #6...The Onslaught...The Crime of All Ages!

Dear Father, In Jesus name...bless Your Word and the reading of it...Amen.

DID JESUS CHANGE THE LAW AND THE SABBATH? ...

..."And He came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read..." Luke 4:16.

So, Jesus kept the Sabbath!...In Matthew 5:17-19, Jesus said..."Not one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law. 1 Peter 2:21 states..."For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an EXAMPLE!, that YE SHOULD FOLLOW HIS STEPS. 1 John 2:6 states..."He that saith he abideth in Him ought himself also so to walk, even as He walked."

So!...Jesus kept the Sabbath!

There is NO! evidence of a change in the Sabbath....So...where is the evidence...?

"For I AM THE LORD, I CHANGE NOT...Malachi 3:6.

"MY COVENANT WILL I NOT BREAK, NOR ALTER THE THING THAT HAS GONE OUT OF MY LIPS" Psalm 89:4.

"JESUS CHRIST, THE SAME YESTERDAY, AND TO DAY, AND FOREVER" Hebrews 13:8

Who changed it...? THE CATHOLIC CHURCH!...NOT!!! JESUS!!!

"If you love Me - then keep my Commandments" John 14:15......

....if YOU love Him...then keep His Commandments....listen to His plea...listen.................listen.............p lease listen.....

or

"If you love them......man......more than God.........then, keep their commandments."...(the Catholic church).

"If you keep My Commandments, you shall abide in My love"...."IF YOU KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS, YOU SHALL ABIDE IN MY LOVE" John 15:10.....listen to Him.......just listen...............

"He that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His Commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him"...."HE THAT SAITH, I KNOW HIM, AND KEEPETH NOT HIS COMMANDMENTS IS A LIAR, AND THE TUTH IS NOT IN HIM" 1 John 2:4......listen to His Words!!!!!....LISTEN!!!!....These are very strong words!!!!...Not to be taken lightly!!!!..Your very soul depends upon it!!!...

...That's it!..........you either obey God...or you don't...."For THIS IS THE LOVE OF GOD, THAT WE KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS: AND HIS COMMANDMENTS ARE NOT GRIEVOUS! 1 John 5:3.

"Whosoever says that he lives in God should LIVE JUST AS JESUS DID" 1 John 2:6

JESUS KEPT THE SABBATH!

"Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example...that we should follow inHis steps" 1 Peter 2:21

"If ye love Me, keep My Commandments" John 14:15.

Well...the Christian world will say, "The cross changed the Sabbath! NO!!! IT DID NOT!!!...Let's have a look!...shall we...?....

..."And that day was a preparation [Friday], and the Sabbath drew on..." Luke 23:54...

..."And the woman also which came with Him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how His body was laid..." Luke 23:54...

....And they found the stone rolled away again in the FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK [Sunday].

LET'S LOOK AT THE THREE DAYS OF THE CRUCIFICTION...TO SEE IF THE CROSS CHANGED THE SABBATH...

6TH DAY: [FRIDAY] "...And that day was a preparation and the Sabbath drew on..." Luke 23:54.

7TH DAY: [SATURDAY] "...rested the Sabbath day according to the commandments..." Luke 23:56.

8TH DAY: [SAUNDAY] "...Now upon the FIRST DAY [Sunday] of the week...unto the sepulchre..." Luke 24:1.......

...SO!....neither the death, NOR!!! the resurrection changed it!!!

CAN WE BE REALLY SURE WHICH DAY THE "SEVENTH DAY" IS..?

WHAT DOES ASTRONOMY TEACH US..?

A DOCUMENT ADDRESSED TO: WASHINGTON D.C....DATED: 25 FEB. 1932...states..."No change in the continuity of the weekly cycle." signed, U.S. NAVAL Observatory; Washington, D.C.

The Sabbath was instituted during creation - WE NEVER!!!! LOST IT!!! It was re-established at the "manna", because every week the LORD made a special miracle on Friday for 2 days...every other day of the week, they could only collect for one day, their share of manna....THEN!...It was RE!-re-instated at Mount Sanai - then if we come to 46 B.C. - when the Justinian Calander was instituted. So we have ABSOLUTE! CONTUNUITY! from then, onward - and the cross falls in there - and we read Jesus kept the Sabbath - the disciples kept the Sabbath - THEN!...In 1582, there's a change in the calender - and we move to the Gregorian Calender - the Gregorian Calender refers to who...?......POPE GREGORY!!!!!!!!!!!......AND POPE GREGORY SAW FIT TO CHANGE THE TIMES......Why...?......because there was something bothering him, but, by the way, it didn't move the Sabbath!!!.......We went in October to 1...2...3...4...to the 15th...so we jumped a couple of days there....BUT!!! the weekly cycle was not! affected! at! all! SO THE SABBATH IS IN TACT!!!...and has never!!! been lost!!!

By the way...why did Pope Gregory want to move the calender...?...those days...?...hummm...?.....What bothered him so...? Why did he change the times...? I'll tell you...It bothered him that the "pash"(<sp?)...the "Christian pash" was not 100% in line with the pagan feast of Eshtar...which we call "Easter!"...and he wanted to shift the calender those few days, so that the world should keep all the pagan feasts rather than recognize what is in the Bible.
Did you know that there was a consequence?...the British decided, NO! WAY! are we going along with this!...There was war as a consequence...but it was forced upon them because, "We will keep the pagan faith!" "We will not obey the Bible!"...these people are very arrogant!!!

Which day is the Jews keeping today...? SATURDAY!..."...but pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the Sabbath day..." Matthew 24:20. Jesus was saying in 70 A.D...."...when they come to destroy this place, pray that the Sabbath day will not be the day when you have to flee!"...SO!...He saw the Sabbath STILL!!! being in exhistance then!!!

One last text...wake up!!!!....

What about Colossians 2:16..."Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holy day, or of the new moons, or of the sabbath days' (KJV) <<<>>> THIS ONE IS USED EVERY TIME!!!... Let no one judge you regard to the sabbath days....these sabbath days refers to the "CEREMONIAL SABBATH DAYS!!!" Their sabbath days refers to the seven day week sabbath. Alright - which of the Ten Commandments deals with eating...and drinking...and newmoons...and ALL OF THOSE THINGS!!???!!...hummmmm?...ANY OF THEM...?...So!...which laws deals with eating and drinking and new moons...?....THE CEREMONIAL LAWS!!!...

"...Blotting out the HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES!!! that was AGAINST! US! which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, NAILING IT TO THE CROSS!!!!!" Colossians 2:14! [Let no man therrefore judge you...Col.2:16] "Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body of Christ." Col. 2:17!

...SO!!!...THEY SAY!!!...Jesus nailed the Sabbath to the cross...?...NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!...Jesus NEVER! nailed the Sabbath to the cross - the whole of the ceremonial law - was nailed to the cross - because Jesus became the fulfillment of the law<<<>>>THE CEREMONIAL LAW!!!!...and the CONDEMNATION! of the CEREMONIAL LAW! was nailed to the cross...but NOT!!! the law itself! How do I know?...because it says ..."these handwriting of ordnances...these laws, which was against us...and only the writings of Moses, "the ceremonial law" were to be written in a book, and placed beside the Ark of The Covenant as a witness to the Old Testament - against us!...So!..."...these were a shadow of things to come..." but the body [the substance] of them IS Christ....

...Amen...Thank You holy Father for Your precious Word.

...to be continued.

Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 AM

Default Post #7...Total Onslaught...The Crime of All Ages!

Dear Father...Bless Your Holy Word...and the reading of it...in Jesus Precious Name...Amen.

...o.k...let us re-cap...

The Sabbath is the SEAL OF GOD.

We MUST! develope Christ-like characteristics, by keeping the law...The Ten Commandments....NO ONE!!!...is saved...but! by A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD ARE YOU SAVED!!!..IF WE HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD...WE WILL KEEP THE LAW>>>THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF GOD.

The weekly Sabbath was instituted in Eden and points back to creation. It exhisted before sin...."...hallow My Sabbath..."; "...keep My Sabbath.."; "...for in 6 days He made...".

The "ceremonial sabbath(s)" were linked to the sanctuary service ("shadow service") and pointed forward [to the cross] to redemption!"...The Feasts of Unleavened Bread"...Passover...The Peace Offering...The First Fruits"...<<<ALL! THOSE! WERE! CEREMONIAL! SABBATHS!...NOT! THE SEVENTH DAY SABBATH!!!...AND NOT THE TEN COMMANDMENTS!!!...They could fall on any given day.....but they POINTED TO the ministry of Christ!...They POINTED FORWARD to Christ!...So!...when Colossians says, "...the sabbaths was a shadow of things to come..." who did it point to...?...CHRIST!!! So!...when Christ died - He nailed the CEREMONIAL LAWS to the cross! We do not have to keep special sabbaths any longer...we do not have to follow the RITUALS of the Passover - which have to do with eating and drinking...BUT!...THIS Sabbath we ARE TO KEEP! deals with creation!!!

DID THE DISCIPLES CHANGE THE SABBATH?

..."...And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three Sabbaths reasoned with them out of Scriptures." Acts 17:2; Acts 13:4; Acts 13:42,44.

...THEY KEPT THE SABBATH!!!

...So...Here's the BOTTOM LINE!...: "Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus." Revelation 14:12....

..."...I will put My laws into their minds, and write them in their hearts.' Hebrews 8:10.

THE NEW COVENANT! THIS ^^^^ IS THE NEW COVENANT!!!!!!!

The New Covenant is taking the law of God, putting it into the heart...into the mind...onto the forehead - ACT ACORDINGLY! - THINK ACCORDINGLY! - OBEY GOD!!!

...The Catholic church says, "NO!"..."By my divine authority, you will obey me, and not God!" ...

BUT!!!...The BIBLE! says in Revelation 22:14..."Blessed are they that DO! His Commandments - that they may have right to the tree of life - and may enter in through the gates of the city!" Ah-Hah!!!!...OBEDIENCE!!! IS GOING TO BE A TEST!!!...and THEN!, IF YOU ARE OBEDIENT: "...Nevertheless, we, according to His promise, look for New Heavens and a New Earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness! 1 Peter 1:3.

Nobody now has the "mark-of-the-beast" - When that law is enforced (to keep Sunday as the "Christian Sabbath" - AND IT IS COMING!!!...because the Pope has asked for it!!!) - THEN!!! - THE DECISION WILL BE MADE! AND YOU WILL HAVE TO CHOOSE EITHER TO FOLLOW GOD...OR FOLLOW MAN!......

...For the Bible says: "For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before Me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain..." Isaiah 66:22,23. <<<THIS! IS! THE! NEW! WORLD!...

...from one new moon to another - something will be kept on a monthly basis in heaven a well!...The Tree of Life bore its fruits once a month!...and we will go and partake of the Tree of Life once a month!...A feast!..." Psalm 37:29.

...and this concludes this truth...may the blessings and the peace and the LOVE OF GOD be upon you...I pray.

God Bless each and every one of you...I love you.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 07-08-2010, 10:39 AM

This is a perfect example of the curse of the verse!

Old 07-08-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
This is a perfect example of the curse of the verse!
You can't handle the truth hilgi...it condemns you...take heed, for the Lord says this to those who hate and scoff at His people who live by His word...

"Hear this message from the LORD, all you [obedient believer's] who tremble at his words: "Your own people hate you and throw you out for being loyal to my name. 'Let the LORD be honored!' they scoff. 'Be joyful in him!' But they will be put to shame.

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Final answer to you hilgi....I will not debate with you...you are blind and deaf, and you will not listen to, nor will you recive anything God has to say through me....and that is very sad...for you.

Verna.

Old 07-08-2010, 02:00 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Since Jesus died on a WED eve, just before sundown, and rose 72 hours later, just as the sun went down, and the first day began, then the early Church met together on the first day of the week, to celebrate the Resurrection of Christ, and that first day meeting for them was in the evening of the first day, just as the Jewish Sabbath ended.

Jesus fulfilled the feast of First of Firstfruits, when He rose on the first day of the week, just as the sun went down from Sabbath.
He gathered up those whom He raised from the dead, with Him, who came out of their graves and walked about the city and were seen by many; and He ascended with them, to the Father, as High Priest of earth, to present them there in heaven's temple as the First of Firstfruits offering, of earth's first harvest of sons of God.
That is why Believers celebrate the resurrection on the first day of the week, and did so from the beginning of the NT Church.

Celebrating the resurrection and meeting together as the Church was always on the first day of the week.
There is no Scripture support for meeting together as a Church on the Sabbath/seventh day. And the priest worked all day, offering the prescribed sacrifices.
Seventh day Sabbath was never a law for Gentiles, but a sign to rehearse, given to the namesake people of the New Man name, about the time when all could enter into that true Sabbath rest of finished works in Christ, by His atonement and resurrection from the dead.

The Jews never "had Church" meetings, under the Law, on a Sabbath, when the temple stood, and their habit for congregating in synagogues in the diaspora was not written in Moses, but was their own doings to show solidarity, as Jews who were waiting for the day the temple would be built again.
I posted that in a great hurry last night and could not go back and edit and correct and clarify, so here it is again, edited.

Now, since Israel never, ever, to this day, has entered into the true Sabbath of God, which they only rehearsed as the namesake people of the New Man name, then the seventh day Sabbath keeping is a moot point for all Christian believers. The Sabbath was given as a sign of the eternal Sabbath Rest to come, in the finished work of Christ for our redemption.

When we are born again in Christ, we cease from our own dead man works [in Adam], which are the unfruitful labors Adam entered into when he was cast out of the Garden, as a vain, ruined for his created purpose, creature, who lost the glory he was made to house, as a temple not made with hands.

Hebrews 4:1-
Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left [us] of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.
For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard [it]. For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in a certain place of the seventh [day] on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works. And in this [place] again, If they shall enter into my rest.
Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God [did] from his. Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

This is the Rest of God:
Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

In Acts 15, the Apostles sent a letter to Gentile believers, freeing them from keeping Moses in any means, manner, or way; and the Sabbath is for the Jews, a sign for them to rehearse, which they never, as a nation, entered into, yet.

Why would you put a yoke upon a Gentile believer, you Judaisers who do not and cannot keep Moses yourself, nor were you commanded to, nor can you, for there is no temple, and Sabbath was about ceasing from your own works, as a sign for the Jews.

Old 07-08-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
You can't handle the truth hilgi...it condemns you...take heed, for the Lord says this to those who hate and scoff at His people who live by His word...

"Hear this message from the LORD, all you [obedient believer's] who tremble at his words: "Your own people hate you and throw you out for being loyal to my name. 'Let the LORD be honored!' they scoff. 'Be joyful in him!' But they will be put to shame.

"And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

Final answer to you hilgi....I will not debate with you...you are blind and deaf, and you will not listen to, nor will you recive anything God has to say through me....and that is very sad...for you.

Verna.
I am not debating you, just sharing the truth.

Is this a lie?

John 6: 28-65

"They said therefore unto him, What must we do, that we may work the works of God?
Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

They said therefore unto him, What then doest thou for a sign, that we may see, and believe thee? what workest thou? Our fathers ate the manna in the wilderness; as it is written, He gave them bread out of heaven to eat. Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, It was not Moses that gave you the bread out of heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread out of heaven. For the bread of God is that which cometh down out of heaven, and giveth life unto the world. They said therefore unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. Jesus said unto them. I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall not hunger, and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
But I said unto you, that ye have seen me, and yet believe not. All that which the Father giveth me shall come unto me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

For I am come down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. And this is the will of him that sent me, that of all that which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that every one that beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. The Jews therefore murmured concerning him, because he said, I am the bread which came down out of heaven.

And they said, Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? how doth he now say, I am come down out of heaven? Jesus answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves. No man can come to me, except the Father that sent me draw him: and I will raise him up in the last day.

It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Every one that hath heard from the Father, and hath learned, cometh unto me.
Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he that is from God, he hath seen the Father.
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth hath eternal life. I am the bread of life.
Your fathers ate the manna in the wilderness, and they died. This is the bread which cometh down out of heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. I am the living bread which came down out of heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: yea and the bread which I will give is my flesh, for the life of the world.
The Jews therefore strove one with another, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Jesus therefore said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, ye have not life in yourselves. He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood hath eternal life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. He that eateth my flesh and drinketh my blood abideth in me, and I in him. As the living Father sent me, and I live because of the Father; so he that eateth me, he also shall live because of me. This is the bread which came down out of heaven: not as the fathers ate, and died; he that eateth this bread shall live for ever. These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. Many therefore of his disciples, when the heard this, said, This is a hard saying; who can hear it? But Jesus knowing in himself that his disciples murmured at this, said unto them, Doth this cause you to stumble?
What then if ye should behold the Son of man ascending where he was before?
It is the spirit that giveth life; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I have spoken unto you are spirit, are are life.
But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who it was that should betray him.
And he said, For this cause have I said unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it be given unto him of the Father. "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity