Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 06:42 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Please , don't insult me by mentioning His love. Love? You call that love? Damning almost everyone to death or torment?

Do you even know the true meaning? Love is patient, kind and long suffering, but according to you, God's patience expires the moment we die. You really don't know the heart of God.

Plus, why would He choose not to save some when He is perfectly able?
His view is so sad and so, so flawed and unscriptural....and he thinks God chose Him to spread the lie that He only loves some people. He answered "yes" to your question, but has said in other posts that God does not love everyone, only the ones who love Him first, the opposite of what scripture says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 06:43 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eojj View Post
katjonjj,

God's greatest mercy is given in the judgment, where as we confess that God is true and every man is a liar, we will overcome as we are judged.

It is appointed unto man once to die, after that the judgment.

Rom 3:3-6
3 For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but every man a liar; as it is written, That thou mightest be justified in thy sayings, and mightest overcome when thou art judged.

5 But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man)

6 God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? KJV

Heb 9:27
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: KJV

Through Moses' song we see that we are liars. Through the song of the Lamb we are given confidence and assurance in God's mercy.

Rev 15:3-5
3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints.

4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

5 And after that I looked, and, behold, the temple of the tabernacle of the testimony in heaven was opened: KJV

Eojj
Eojj,

I agree with you - judgment brings subjection to the glory of God!!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:51 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Please , don't insult me by mentioning His love. Love? You call that love? Damning almost everyone to death or torment?

Do you even know the true meaning? Love is patient, kind and long suffering, but according to you, God's patience expires the moment we die. You really don't know the heart of God.

Yes Zero 7

He is now suggesting the unsearchable riches of Christ includes eternal torment . You just could not make it up.

14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom his whole family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

After reading this to suggest that love sends a man to eternal torment you have to be insane .

Sciota if you read verse 17 Paul prays we be rooted and established in love , your problem lies right here , you believe we should be rooted and established in doctrine and the knowledge of it.You are way out of line with some of the stuff you are saying due to this, and i call on you to humble yourself and acknowledge this.

Old 07-06-2010, 07:01 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:

Able and willing!

Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Able and willing!
And desirous.

"Jesus who died
shall be satisfied
and Earth and Heaven be one...
....This is my Father's World!"

Heartsong

Old 07-07-2010, 08:54 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Would not His heart break each time He threw someone into an eternal hell? What kind of God could even dream that scenario up? Wouldn't He be miserable as well?
Mary Baxter, in her "A Divine Revelation of Hell" claims that as she and Jesus toured hell and many of the lost cried out to Jesus for mercy, He said to them sorrowfully, "Daughter, [or Son] do you remember when you were on earth I pleaded with you through many of My people who I sent you to repent and turn from your evil? But you would not, and went on with your evil ways. My heart breaks for you, but you chose your own way and now your deeds will receive their just recompense." Mary says that Jesus said this with tears rolling down His cheeks.

Old 07-07-2010, 09:26 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Mary Baxter, in her "A Divine Revelation of Hell" claims that as she and Jesus toured hell and many of the lost cried out to Jesus for mercy, He said to them sorrowfully, "Daughter, [or Son] do you remember when you were on earth I pleaded with you through many of My people who I sent you to repent and turn from your evil? But you would not, and went on with your evil ways. My heart breaks for you, but you chose your own way and now your deeds will receive their just recompense." Mary says that Jesus said this with tears rolling down His cheeks.
"My heart breaks for you, BUT....."

Hmm.. would that be "powerless" or "merciless?"...

"For to him who has shown no mercy the judgment [will be] merciless, but mercy [full of glad confidence] exults victoriously over judgment."

Her "tour" looks much like a famous story Jesus told about a rich man..

Blessings,
brian

Old 07-07-2010, 03:41 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
in Matthew 24:12-13..``and because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold ......but he that shall endure unto the end , the same shall be saved```........ In Matthew 10:22 ``And you shall be hated of all men for my name`s sake but he that endureth to the end shall be saved``........ thoughs who did not endure to the end. Who are they? Believers who fell into sin and iniquity whos heart became wax cold and believers who became presecuted and turned and recanted Jesus and HIS Salvation........When is the end? the end of life on the earth or after the Judgement of Jesus at that end of the darkness of this world Judgement?

Old 07-07-2010, 05:18 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,528,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
in Matthew 24:12-13..``and because iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold ......but he that shall endure unto the end , the same shall be saved```........ In Matthew 10:22 ``And you shall be hated of all men for my name`s sake but he that endureth to the end shall be saved``........ thoughs who did not endure to the end. Who are they? Believers who fell into sin and iniquity whos heart became wax cold and believers who became presecuted and turned and recanted Jesus and HIS Salvation........When is the end? the end of life on the earth or after the Judgement of Jesus at that end of the darkness of this world Judgement?
The end was the destruction of Jerusalem.. remember that he was actually speaking to actual people who would endure to the end. Therefore the end MUST have occurred within their lifetime or he was just blowing smoke.

Old 07-07-2010, 05:31 PM

2,191 posts, read 4,806,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Mary Baxter is a well documented looney toon who made stuff up. Check out the millions upon millions of near death experiences that have almost all positive experiences of "God" being a selfless, loving, all encompassing being of pure light. Hell is a temporary, self created, mental state by people who never learned the most basic and important of God's rules: Love your neighbor as yourself. If everyone did that, the world would be a perfect place. People who tell others they will burn in hell are merely attempting control tactics based on fear, much like the early Catholic church (See the crusades).

And on a side note, if you read enough about near death experiences you will learn that dying isn't the end. Its never too late to ask to be saved by the creator and allow your soul to move on to a higher form.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity