Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 07:10 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,536,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
"Your search - IAFOOMCFLSH - did not match any documents".
It won't! go figure... and let me know when you do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 09:57 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,411,686 times
Folks, just take a few minutes to settle down and "note" what's going on in the world, that's all, okay? You can continue to mock and snicker and ridicule when your done alright? Time's not going anywhere.....or is it? But, that's why we're all here trying to find out isn't?

Old 07-09-2010, 12:47 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,678,670 times
I would have to ask...for those who don't believe in end times(but DO believe in God)...then exactly how DO you think it will all end? Was Jesus a liar when He said "Behold,I have foretold you all things" ..?

(as in,ALL things,not just some,not just a few,but just as He said.. ALL things regarding end times.)

I'm not going to debate or criticize your answer.I'm just asking

Old 07-09-2010, 12:58 AM

ps-I'm not saying there isn't sensationalism out there.like if 'ol Hal would go dip his thouest foot in oil..and make it olive for that matter..then that verse would be spot on,instead of the country of Israel 'being shaped like a foot and finding oil at it's base (foot)'. I just have to roll my eyes on that one! LOL!!

Old 07-09-2010, 02:18 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,472,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC122 View Post
I would have to ask...for those who don't believe in end times(but DO believe in God)...then exactly how DO you think it will all end? Was Jesus a liar when He said "Behold,I have foretold you all things" ..?

(as in,ALL things,not just some,not just a few,but just as He said.. ALL things regarding end times.)

The end was in the generation of the people he spoke to...

Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 AM

I'm not going to debate as I said,so just asking..did all of these things come to pass then?

and,how is the end going to come about now?do we know,are we given any hints?obviously,we are not going to continue in this fallen state forever.jmo.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:43 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,085,215 times
Quote:

Yellowish Orange! GET IT?

Just kidding.

I used to believe in the "end times/rapture is going to happen in our lifetime" stuff... but much lesser so now.

That's not to say the world isn't going down the toilet as we speak. Some believe the "end times" already happened in 70AD (preterists)... for them I would ask the same question... how is it all going to end? Or is the earth going to carry on in existence perpetually?

I have different ideas on this as the scripture can be interpreted in different ways. Yes there may be a physical return of the Lord in the future. But it may just be a spiritual return, as He returns in each of our lives when we come to know him in His Kingdom. But I imagine at some point the earth will eventually be destroyed - burned up with fire I believe the scripture says. There are many layers to the whole thing and I don't think anyone has it all figured out. For example the "end times" of 70 AD may have been what was referred to in scripture, but it ALSO may be a shadow of the "end times" to come. Still studying, and probably won't know till it happens - whether its in 2012, or thousands of years from now...

Its always a good idea to be prepared though...

Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,085,215 times
Quote:
I'm not going to debate as I said,so just asking..did all of these things come to pass then?

and,how is the end going to come about now?do we know,are we given any hints?obviously,we are not going to continue in this fallen state forever.jmo.
Yes that would be my question for the preterists too. I agree with your jmo, the world is not going to continue in this fallen state forever. So even if "the end" was in 70 A.D, there is going to be another end of this physical world when it is finally all destroyed... unless you think the world continues on in this final state forever, producing generations of believers and unbelievers in perpetuity.... preterists, what say you? (no debate intended, just information gathering; FYI "I don't know" is an acceptable answer, but I'm curious how you view scripture on this).

Old 07-09-2010, 10:20 AM

18,191 posts, read 16,771,424 times
Quote:
I would have to ask...for those who don't believe in end times(but DO believe in God)...then exactly how DO you think it will all end?
The Bible says, "The earth abides forever." Ecclesiastes 1:4

Old 07-09-2010, 05:42 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,591,783 times
Quote:

It was clear to all that Jesus spoke of an imminent return during the lifetime of the generation he was speaking to. It's crystal clear if look at it without bias.

I share the sentiment that it would be great to wrap this little disaster up and punch my ticket into paradise but I don't believe that is reality. It's a hard dream to let go of though - I understand that.

I personally believe that ultimately the Spirit of Christ will manifest itself fully in the earth (through mankind) and that the "world" (AKA "system") as we know it will be completely consumed. Metaphorically that would be: "burned up" with the brightness of God's glory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity