Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 09:51 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
All got it wrong decades ago.... What exactly was their something? Mine is the return of Christ and Judgement Day. I am preparing the way for the true beleivers and trying to wake up the lost. So what have I got wrong? Betsy is warning people like John the baptist did, what has she gotten wrong? Repent and be baptized! What is wrong with that? Believe in Jesus Christ! What is wrong with that? Turst in the Lord and every word that proceeds from His mouth! Which would be the Bible of course. What are we or those decades ago doing wrong? We are not making predictions, not setting any dates. Please shine some light on our transgressions.
Hi friend, I see that you're back. Hope you're feeling much better. We have a lot of work to do don't we? There's so much more wonderful "John the Baptist's" here pleading and crying, warning the people in this "modern day wilderness". I have a feeling....some will come, eh? Thank you for the support and encouragement. Blessing to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 10:00 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
All got it wrong decades ago.... What exactly was their something? Mine is the return of Christ and Judgement Day. I am preparing the way for the true beleivers and trying to wake up the lost. So what have I got wrong? Betsy is warning people like John the baptist did, what has she gotten wrong? Repent and be baptized! What is wrong with that? Believe in Jesus Christ! What is wrong with that? Turst in the Lord and every word that proceeds from His mouth! Which would be the Bible of course. What are we or those decades ago doing wrong? We are not making predictions, not setting any dates. Please shine some light on our transgressions.
Chuck Smith of Calvary Chapel got it wrong. Calvary Chapel Wiki / 1981

Old 07-14-2010, 07:15 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:

So when is he coming, surely you know since your not wrong.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:33 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Hi friend, I see that you're back. Hope you're feeling much better. We have a lot of work to do don't we? There's so much more wonderful "John the Baptist's" here pleading and crying, warning the people in this "modern day wilderness". I have a feeling....some will come, eh? Thank you for the support and encouragement. Blessing to you.
Hey when you right your right and need the support of other like minded people.

I am fine just been busy with the kids and school. The doctor released me to go back to work and I have been looking. My have to go over the road truck driving it seems like the only thing out there.

Old 07-15-2010, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So when is he coming, surely you know since your not wrong.
I already told you soon, at any moment, could be now or 50 years from now. Are you prepared or will you miss out?

Old 07-15-2010, 07:45 AM

Quote:
I already told you soon, at any moment, could be now or 50 years from now. Are you prepared or will you miss out?

That's never been the issue, what current event makes Christians be able to equate the second coming to something so precise as "could be whenever"

That's some high level precision there.

"You should be prepared"

"Why"

"There was an earthquake"

"So"

"Get ready"

"For what"

"Jesus return"

"When"

"I don't know, soon, maybe now, 50 years from now, 2000 years from now, so get ready"

"Sounds like I got plenty of time"

"No, he's coming soon"

"But you said you don't know"

"Be quiet, there was another earthquake, and a hurricane, those are rare so it means something is coming soon, but maybe not soon, get ready"

--------------

How about, just share your faith and quit equating fear as a leverage tool when you have no idea when he's coming back and you can't in any reasonable way associate current events with any knowledge about it to produce any substance for any fear anyone should have.

Miss out, you can't rightly say anyone will miss out on anything simply because you think he's coming soon, or maybe 50 years from now.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
That's never been the issue, what current event makes Christians be able to equate the second coming to something so precise as "could be whenever"

That's some high level precision there.

"You should be prepared"

"Why"

"There was an earthquake"

"So"

"Get ready"

"For what"

"Jesus return"

"When"

"I don't know, soon, maybe now, 50 years from now, 2000 years from now, so get ready"

"Sounds like I got plenty of time"

"No, he's coming soon"

"But you said you don't know"

"Be quiet, there was another earthquake, and a hurricane, those are rare so it means something is coming soon, but maybe not soon, get ready"

--------------

How about, just share your faith and quit equating fear as a leverage tool when you have no idea when he's coming back and you can't in any reasonable way associate current events with any knowledge about it to produce any substance for any fear anyone should have.

Miss out, you can't rightly say anyone will miss out on anything simply because you think he's coming soon, or maybe 50 years from now.
If you were to die right now where would you wake up in the presence of the Lord or forever seperated from Him?

No leverage tool needed just look at the reality of everything that is going on.

No predictions just expectations.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:53 AM

Quote:
If you were to die right now where would you wake up in the presence of the Lord or forever seperated from Him?

No leverage tool needed just look at the reality of everything that is going on.

Forever separated? That not possible, of course religion has false teachings and that is one of them. Falling into the hands of the living God is what will make everyone pure.

Expectations, yes, God assures me that he will save everyone and bring everyone to the knowledge of truth.

Might I not want to let go of my old ways as I learn the truth, certainly, but we should all hope that God keeps his promises to correct us all.

I tell you, to look forward to Jesus return it is a wonderful thing.

If you tell me, I do not care, I tell you, that you will find out how wonderful it is.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:54 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:

...Amen Robin......!

It is so good to hear from you again...I love you so much!!!...And it's so good to hear your doing better!!!!...SO GOOD!!!... God Bless you sweetheart.

Love,
Verna.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...Amen Robin......!

It is so good to hear from you again...I love you so much!!!...And it's so good to hear your doing better!!!!...SO GOOD!!!... God Bless you sweetheart.

Love,
Verna.
Thank you, I love you as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity