Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 10:01 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Forever separated? That not possible, of course religion has false teachings and that is one of them. Falling into the hands of the living God is what will make everyone pure.

Expectations, yes, God assures me that he will save everyone and bring everyone to the knowledge of truth.

Might I not want to let go of my old ways as I learn the truth, certainly, but we should all hope that God keeps his promises to correct us all.

I tell you, to look forward to Jesus return it is a wonderful thing.

If you tell me, I do not care, I tell you, that you will find out how wonderful it is.
So you are saying the hell with anything in the Bible that disagrees with you. Your loss. Should anyone who rejects God so blatantly as say a child molester with no remorse and dies actually cursing God will be forgiven? Then what is the purpose of Christ, He actually would have came for no reason, His ministry would have been useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 10:10 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
So you are saying the hell with anything in the Bible that disagrees with you. Your loss. Should anyone who rejects God so blatantly as say a child molester with no remorse and dies actually cursing God will be forgiven? Then what is the purpose of Christ, He actually would have came for no reason, His ministry would have been useless.
No actually I am saying the hell with your useless diatribe that has nothing to do with what I said.

Meeting Jesus is a wonderful thing no matter who you are, if you do not like that, you will find out how wonderful it is when you do meet him.

Old 07-15-2010, 10:48 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
No actually I am saying the hell with your useless diatribe that has nothing to do with what I said.

Meeting Jesus is a wonderful thing no matter who you are, if you do not like that, you will find out how wonderful it is when you do meet him.
Then why do you persist to teach contrary to the word of God?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:10 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Everyone meeting Jesus being a wonderful thing is not contrary to the word of God. It is however contrary to what you believe which is a different matter.

Again it is useless to say that for some meeting Jesus is terrible, what nonsense.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:13 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Because Jesus is the Living Word of God revealed to us from what God has "Written in our hearts" by the Holy Spirit within . . . NOT some stagnant primitive interpretations "Written in ink" under the veil of ignorance.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:21 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default Omg.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
YES!! That's EXACTLY what I said: "PAY ATTENTION TO THE SUN"!SpaceWeather.com -- News and information about meteor showers, solar flares, auroras, and near-Earth asteroids

And YES!! PAY ATTENTION TO THE EARTHQUAKES"! Latest Earthquakes M5.0+ in the World - Past 7 days

Is there a connection between the two? I don't know, I'm paying attention to what the scientists are saying, doing my own research and will keep you posted.
It's that "my own research" part that can be so very scary here. After all, a person with a predetermined mindset cannot, by definition, be open-mined to other possibilities. Right?

I'm just sayin'...

And we know Betsey is fervently praying and hoping for the ET so she can snub us non-believers she's sure will flock to the loading ramp of The Great Golden Ship, begging for forgiveness and admission, our tails between our legs (see" the movie 2012...)!

Tain't gonna happen, even if I'm wrong. Like Ahab, I'll just honorably go down with the ship, so to speak, and then discuss it all later with her god at TPG! He made me the skeptic I am, after all. He'll just invite me in for a beer, and we can both laugh at the non-critical thinkers who flooded into the barge that day... Hee hee heeeee..

Old 07-15-2010, 12:29 PM

18 posts, read 35,199 times
Who cares about what the sun is doing, or a new world order unless your not following the teachings of Jesus Christ and the Apostles Doctrine. What difference does it make to a true Christian if there will be one world order, one system of government, or one way to buy and sell. Why plan for what will happen after Jesus returns for his church? Why plan on being here?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because Jesus is the Living Word of God revealed to us from what God has "Written in our hearts" by the Holy Spirit within . . . NOT some stagnant primitive interpretations "Written in ink" under the veil of ignorance.
Can you say that in english not in tongues, not being smart but it sounds like jibberish.

Old 07-15-2010, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
It's that "my own research" part that can be so very scary here. After all, a person with a predetermined mindset cannot, by definition, be open-mined to other possibilities. Right?

I'm just sayin'...

And we know Betsey is fervently praying and hoping for the ET so she can snub us non-believers she's sure will flock to the loading ramp of The Great Golden Ship, begging for forgiveness and admission, our tails between our legs (see" the movie 2012...)!

Tain't gonna happen, even if I'm wrong. Like Ahab, I'll just honorably go down with the ship, so to speak, and then discuss it all later with her god at TPG! He made me the skeptic I am, after all. He'll just invite me in for a beer, and we can both laugh at the non-critical thinkers who flooded into the barge that day... Hee hee heeeee..
What?

Old 07-15-2010, 12:45 PM

Jesus said noone knew the hour of his return. Even he did not know. Only the Father. So anyone predicting the end of all is a false prophet, a liar. But not knowing when means a person must be prepared at all times. Worrying about when is as useless as watching the stars or politics for the answer. There is no need to know the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity