Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 09:30 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans57 View Post
I walk with my Christ Betsy (he won me way before I knew you existed)...I pray that you take a pause and reflect on whether your method of winning souls is counter productive. It behooved me to have a tarty reply simply because you failed to see that the "right or wrong" pertained to our view of God's TRUTH.

My final dialogue with you and God Bless...
Aside from your belief you bring up a valid point. The hysteria, the irrational fears, the chicken little act, the running in circles screaming "the end is nigh" isn't a very persuasive recruitment method now is it.

Think if the US Army used the fear, and blood and guts that is part of serving in their recruitment ads on TV. How many would sign up
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 09:36 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
I do not see it as love but a misuse of the scriptures to justify what you believe and condemn those who do not believe like you .

Old 07-11-2010, 09:50 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not see it as love but a misuse of the scriptures to justify what you believe and condemn those who do not believe like you .
...well pcamps...I'll tell you what...you continue on your way with your "hack-job" upon the Word of God in your attempt to justify your beliefs, and I will continue to rightly divide the Word of God to secure my faith in what I know to be HIS truth...and in the end...God's truth...His Word, will prevail...Amen?

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.

Old 07-11-2010, 10:47 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...well pcamps...I'll tell you what...you continue on your way with your "hack-job" upon the Word of God in your attempt to justify your beliefs, and I will continue to rightly divide the Word of God to secure my faith in what I know to be HIS truth...and in the end...God's truth...His Word, will prevail...Amen?

Verna.
The word of God always prevails and accomplishes that which it is sent out for .

The word says He's the Savior of all men , this word will be accomplished .

who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 1 Tim 2 verse 4
Amen !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 11:31 AM

478 posts, read 773,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post
I find it quite peculiar that after your presumptuous deluge of judgement and ugliness, you attach to your signature:

"In Christ's love.

Quote:
...presumptuous...?...well...what can I say to you helio666...I simply lovingly, out of compassion for the state of your soul, quoted God's word for you...so you're calling God arrogant and ugly...not me.
No, I am not calling god arrogant and ugly. It was not god who chose to hand pick a series of quotes from the bible whose main objective was to instill fear via threats and horror, it was you. You could have just as easily chosen quotes that were softer and had a message of kindness and positivity, but you did not. Therefore I see no love, nor compassion on your part.

Quote:
How sad it is for you to not know God...to not know what the love of Christ is within a person...I pray someday you will...but that will mean you will have to have a "relationship" with Him...which will not happen until you accept Jesus Christ as your LORD and Savior...and become born-again...changed...into the character of Christ, and live your life in obedience to His Commandments.
The fact that you do not see the degree of presumption on your part is very unsettling, You quote: How sad it is for you to not know God.

Automatically coming to the conclusion that I *must* not know god, when you do not eve know me whatsoever is presumptuous. To a pretty strong degree. And the fact that you think my soul is in some sort of "state" where it needs your attention is as well. My soul is just fine, and will do well without the fear and misery that your beliefs apparently require.

Verna, it is entirely possible for me to know, and understand god without being "born again" and "accepting" christ as my lord and saviour. I You probably don't see that, but knowing that there are infinite paths to god, love and enlightenment (not just yours, and not just through fear, threats and misery) is the very knowledge that brings people together. It is fear of those paths that separates them, and as well stands to be a good way to actually distance ones' self from god and all the love therein. And it is a shame that you are so diligent in parroting that which you've been taught that you do not, and will likely not ever see this.

Best to you irregardless, and much like you are praying for me to take steps backwards and "undo" and "unlearn" that which has given me the opportunity to grow and evolve spiritually, likewise, I wish for you to broaden your horizons in hopes that you may lead a happier, more fulfilling life that includes less judgement and more joy.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
In other words, don't question my distortions because I can't make an articulate enough argument based on the overwhelming evidence that is contrary to what I FEEL.
You are classic!
...no...in the words that I spoke...I will not debate with him any further.

Old 07-11-2010, 02:52 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
...no...in the words that I spoke...I will not debate with him any further.
Yep, when it gets too hot in the kitchen you jump out. I asked one simple question and you refused to answer it also.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Yep, when it gets too hot in the kitchen you jump out. I asked one simple question and you refused to answer it also.
futil - adj. 1. Having no useful result; ineffectual; useless; vain. 2. Unproductive; frivolous; idle.

I'll choose for myself who I will spend time debating a subject with. Good day.

Verna.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:51 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:

I'll choose for myself who I will spend time debating a subject with.
Yes, I noticed, they are called people who don't question you and believe as you do.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Yes, I noticed, they are called people who don't question you and believe as you do.
Untrue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity