Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 11:30 PM

478 posts, read 773,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...you and I are done here...I will not debate this with you.
I can see why you do not wish to debate with me further, and that is because you have no interest in discussing things with people that you do not agree with. But that is the whole point of this forum, is it not? Though I can understand why you may feel how you do; for if one is not interested in opening their mind to learn new things and have new experiences from which to learn and grow, and would prefer to keep their level of knowledge at a specific point for the rest of their life, then there is no reason to debate with anyone who believes differently than they.

I do want to respond to what you wrote, however:

Quote:
helio666, your gospel is a lie...a false gospel.

My gospel is a "lie"? That's pretty bold! As well as pretty rude...how do you *know* that what I believe is a lie, and what you believe is the "truth"? You can quote the bible all day long and it won't do a lick of good to prove anything other than you don't want to use your own words or share your personal experiences to illustrate your points. But back to my beliefs being a lie: unless you are a schooled theologian, and have studied various religions in depth, visited multiple places with varying cultures and have a vast understanding of many faiths and traditions thereof, then I do not think you could possibly be qualified to say with any degree of certainty whatsoever that what anyone believes is true or not. And truth is, a theologian would be the first to say that there is no one "right" religion out there, religions are most often simply a reflection of the culture from which they arose. And the degree of delving and education one embarks in towards the understanding of various faiths is usually parallel to the degree of acceptance one has towards faiths of any kind (or lack thereof) and of all people.

Quote:
futil - adj. 1. Having no useful result; ineffectual; useless; vain. 2. Unproductive; frivolous; idle.

I'll choose for myself who I will spend time debating a subject with. Good day.

In Christ's love...In His truth,
Verna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
Yes, I noticed, they are called people who don't question you and believe as you do.
I agree.

Quote:
Untrue.
I disagree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 12:04 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,659,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666 View Post

...Verna, it is entirely possible for me to know, and understand god without being "born again" and "accepting" christ as my lord and saviour. You probably don't see that, but knowing that there are infinite paths to god...
That is a lie from the pit of hell helios666!

Quote:
Originally Posted by helios666
You can quote the bible all day long and it won't do a lick of good..."
...my point exactly.

Quote:
..."...to prove anything other than you don't want to use your own words or share your personal experiences to illustrate your points.
...wrong again...I've spent endless hours debating my beliefs on this board...and will continue to do so with whom I choose to do so with.

Quote:
But back to my beliefs being a lie: unless you are a schooled theologian, and have studied various religions in depth, visited multiple places with varying cultures and have a vast understanding of many faiths and traditions thereof, then I do not think you could possibly be qualified to say with any degree of certainty whatsoever that what anyone believes is true or not. And truth is, a theologian would be the first to say that there is no one "right" religion out there, religions are most often simply a reflection of the culture from which they arose. And the degree of delving and education one embarks in towards the understanding of various faiths is usually parallel to the degree of acceptance one has towards faiths of any kind (or lack thereof) and of all people.
All I need is the Word of God...He is all that I need.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:40 AM

478 posts, read 773,203 times
Quote:

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
HOLY mother of sanskrit aren't we getting a little overly fired up (pun intended)! Ok, you win, I give up. I can't stop laughing long enough to write a reply and besides, it looks like it's not going to matter anyway.

By the way, god and I are having a great time down here, we're listening to Slayer and roasting marshmallows.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
"Well Isn't That Special?"

Old 07-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
"Well Isn't That Special?"
Ha! Ha! Ha!...I absolutely LOVE Danna Carvey as PreacherLady!......"weeeellllllllll...isssn't that SPEshhhhialllllll...!"...I do imitate her very well as a matter of fact...my family begs me to do her almost every time we all get together...what a riot!!! Thank's for making me laugh!...

P.S. I'm glad you posted this picture of him portraying her on this thread...now, when I need a good smile, I know I can come here and see PreacherLady!!!...Ha! Ha! Ha!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:06 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Ooooooo can't you just feel the love and tolerance and forgiveness just flowing without reserve in your visceral hatred.

If believing in a deity turns one into a raging hater then....... count me out

But keep up the good work, the best deterrent for someone to not start following such a belief system is when the really ugly and irrational aspects of it are so well demonstrated, as your words have done.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:52 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,526,360 times
Quote:
Quote:
In Christ's love...
Verna.
And both in the same post

To call another a liar for expressing their views is rather boorish, crude, crass, desperate, absurd and very unchristian to the utmost when you are merely debating a philosophy, an interpretation of the words of mere mortals. You cannot shout down the beliefs of others by such irrational reactions, tantrums, it frankly makes you look like a angry person that has lost touch with reason and reality.

Old 07-12-2010, 06:57 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,211,043 times
Quote:
Ha! Ha! Ha!...I absolutely LOVE Danna Carvey as PreacherLady!......"weeeellllllllll...isssn't that SPEshhhhialllllll...!"...I do imitate her very well as a matter of fact...my family begs me to do her almost every time we all get together...what a riot!!! Thank's for making me laugh!...

P.S. I'm glad you posted this picture of him portraying her on this thread...now, when I need a good smile, I know I can come here and see PreacherLady!!!...Ha! Ha! Ha!
Good to know, I just could not help it with some your sayings. No offense meant!

Old 07-12-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Good to know, I just could not help it with some your sayings. No offense meant!
...and none taken!.....It brings a smile on my face when I look at that picture...great picture!...LOL!

This morning I went to Youtube and watched all his old SNL skits...they cracked me up!...expecially the one where she interviews Danny DeVito and Willie Nelson...soooofunny!

Old 07-11-2014, 03:30 AM

2 posts, read 1,796 times
Yes I completely believe that Allah ( God) is to judge us on all we did in our worldly life and decide if we deserve Paradise or Hell accordingly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity