Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 08:03 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,272,809 times

Advertisements

Good morning, folks!

With the very next off topic, demeaning, or insulting post, this thread will be closed.

Be nice, adhere to the Terms of Service, or this one goes...

~June

Old 07-12-2010, 08:08 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Finn the difference between what those of us who believe in UR and you guys who believe in ET is huge .

We speak against the system your faith is in and not the person whose faith is in the fundamental christian system .

Those of you who believe in ET are continually condemning us as heretics that will end up in eternal torment .

So bashing christians is not at all what we are doing . I do not accept the vengeful angry god you believe in , which i just pointed out that is how fundamental christianity portrays Him due to a misunderstanding of the Old Covenant scriptures , if this is christian bashing in your eyes , then i must be a christian basher.

Psalm 36 says this

9 For with you is the fountain of life;
in your light we see light

It's by His light we see light , i believe the light of fundamental christianity is darkness , and like the scriptures say "if your light be darkness , how great is your darkness?."
This is the great mistake of fundamental christianity it interprets the scripture by it's own light which is darkness in my opinion.

Last edited by june 7th; 07-12-2010 at 10:00 AM..

Old 07-12-2010, 09:22 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I think it's a pretty lame statement. Just seems like a person who is wishy-washy. I bet he's now a Universalist again. People like this just can't make up their minds, it has nothing to do with the credibility of universalism. It stands on it's own with plenty of biblical support.
There is no biblical support for Universalism....

Old 07-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If he is the potter then why would the clay need to go to a fiery hell? Couldn't God mold them into what he wanted? What he willed?
Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

Old 07-12-2010, 09:41 AM

Well, if the Bible says in the end times people will leave sound doctrine and follow doctrines of demons...and it sounds like few by comparison will hold to the Truth...then my question is 'why is UR' becoming to widespread?...

Old 07-12-2010, 09:49 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I do not accept the vengeful angry god you believe in
Accepting or rejecting God is entirely up to you. Just remember that we are talking about the same God who created the flood and punished Israel many times. God does not change, so He is EXACTLY the same today as he was then. Some people love to pick and choose all the verses in the Bible which talk about God's love, and ignore all the verse which talk about price of sin. If you read the Bible, you gotta read it all, not pick and choose. You also need to understand that EVERYTHING in the Bible is true. If Bible is wrong about judgment of sinners, then what else is it wrong about? Is it also wrong about death of Christ? Is also wrong about eternal life? No, my friend. Every word is true, and nothing in it should be ignored.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Accepting or rejecting God is entirely up to you. Just remember that we are talking about the same God who created the flood and punished Israel many times. God does not change, so He is EXACTLY the same today as he was then. Some people love to pick and choose all the verses in the Bible which talk about God's love, and ignore all the verse which talk about price of sin. If you read the Bible, you gotta read it all, not pick and choose. You also need to understand that EVERYTHING in the Bible is true. If Bible is wrong about judgment of sinners, then what else is it wrong about? Is it also wrong about death of Christ? Is also wrong about eternal life? No, my friend. Every word is true, and nothing in it should be ignored.
Finn it's pretty simple I accept the Living God who is life and speaks life and not death and condemnation , i do not accept the god of fundamental christianity for the reasons i have already stated.

The scriptures tell us Jesus Christ is the same yesterday , today and to the ages .

He also said "If you have seen me you have seen the Father" , do you see any resembles of Jesus through the gospels to what you read and perceive to be God in the Old Covenant scriptures .

Jesus is the revelation of who God is , when you begin to see and understand this you will no longer characterize God by what you read in the Old Covenant scriptures.

In otherwords what you see in the Old Covenant scriptures is the principle of sowing and reaping , rather than the angry vengeful God we have created in our own minds.

It's amusing that you say people are picking and choosing scriptures about love , fundamental christianity picks and chooses in the same way with sin,death and condemnation as they perceive it.

What you need to understand when a believer is talking about love , he is talking about God , because the scriptures tell us God is love , now who are you talking about when you are talking about sin ? , it certainly is not God, because God is not sin .

Old 07-12-2010, 10:13 AM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,381 times
Quote:
You also need to understand that EVERYTHING in the Bible is true. If Bible is wrong about judgment of sinners, then what else is it wrong about? Is it also wrong about death of Christ? Is also wrong about eternal life? No, my friend. Every word is true, and nothing in it should be ignored.
No one is saying the bible is wrong about anything. You and others are wrong about the meaning of the scriptures. For example, the lake of fire is symbolic, Jesus died to save us from sin and death, not torture, Jesus is actually the savior of the world and not just a small part of it, God will be victorious and not Satan. The list goes on and on of bible truths that traditional Christianity doesn't understand because it was interpreted by the carnal mind and not the Holy Spirit.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:25 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I've often wondered, "Why doesn't God just banish the unbelievers to some desert wasteland to wander aimlessly for eternity?" That's be bad enough, but why does He also have to roast them in unbearable fire for all eternity? I often think of that final scene in Terminator 2 where the enemy cyborg is thrashing around in the iron smelt his face contorting into horrible shapes as he flails about in the molten liquid. Why will God demand this of 90% of human life? Can an ET'er answer me that?
How does God demand this?

Old 07-12-2010, 10:28 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,434,005 times
Quote:
Exactly. You have to eat the bone and marrow too.
Not just the parts that appear good to you.
God never changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity