Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 10:37 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's amusing that you say people are picking and choosing scriptures about love , fundamental christianity picks and chooses in the same way with sin,death and condemnation as they perceive it.
No, that is completely untrue. 90% of the time hell is mentioned here, it is brought up by a URs, not by Christians.

Old 07-12-2010, 10:51 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, that is completely untrue. 90% of the time hell is mentioned here, it is brought up by a URs, not by Christians.
No Finn , even in your last post to me you criticized the the fact we talked more about the love scriptures than about the sin ones , which fundamental christianity talks much about , which ultimately because what you believe ends up with you talking about death , judgement, punishment and eternal torment which is what hell is to you.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:
No Finn , even in your last post to me you criticized the the fact we talked more about the love scriptures than about the sin ones , which fundamental christianity talks much about , which ultimately because what you believe ends up with you talking about death , judgement, punishment and eternal torment which is what hell is to you.
I mentioned it to point out the fact that you pick and choose what you like, and ignore the rest.

I read EVERYTHING, so I talk about it all: salvation, love, belief and dangers of unbelief.

You may not notice it, but you are proving EXACTLY what I was saying. You INSIST we talk about judgement so you declare that is all Christians talk about.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I mentioned it to point out the fact that you pick and choose what you like, and ignore the rest.

I read EVERYTHING, so I talk about it all: salvation, love, belief and dangers of unbelief.

You may not notice it, but you are proving EXACTLY what I was saying. You INSIST we talk about judgement so you declare that is all Christians talk about.
You read everything ? what does that prove ?

Yes the message of fundamental christianity is judgement, punishment and eternal torment. That is what fundamental christians only talks about
I know many christians who love the Lord and believe in ET that talk about Jesus and how wonderful He is , who i hardly ever hear talking about ET .

The good news is

6You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died FOR the ungodly. 7Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous man, though for a good man someone might possibly dare to die. 8But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were STILL sinners, Christ died for us.

Fundamental christianity magnify's sin

God magnify's His love , and so do those who believe in that love .

Old 07-12-2010, 11:25 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
Yet, here you are proving otherwise.

Not at all, you are simply making assertions that contradict your theology. Time and again, you try to cloud over the true facts of your beliefs.

If eternal hell isn't something that anyone needs to be concerned with and salvation is through Jesus Christ, then you are more of a Christian universalist than you will admit to.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:29 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Judgement and eternal punishment was not developed by the RCC.
Get your facts straight people.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,432,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
If eternal hell isn't something that anyone needs to be concerned with and salvation is through Jesus Christ, then you are more of a Christian universalist than you will admit to.
You are so very wrong in your assertions. The point of the message is to herald that everyone's sins have been paid for, and cannot be realized unless a profession in Christ is made. Hell, punishment and destruction are results for not doing so. Those questions are asked, and answered. Whether you want to accept them or not, is entirely up to you. Universalism contradicts the message of confession in this life.

Although we may die.....we will be made alive. This isn't talking about biological death.

God has given His decrees.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciotamicks View Post
Judgement and eternal punishment was not developed by the RCC.
Get your facts straight people.
You are right, it was developed in the heart of men

Old 07-12-2010, 11:34 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,943,763 times
Quote:
It is the gospel of wishy washy that they defend.

Talk about Gods love and they will come out in force saying there is more to it. Indulge that and talk about judgment and they will come out in force saying we talk too much about hell.

Say that we believe that Jesus Christ is our saviour and teach that he will save all mankind they come out and say we are driving people into the pit of hell.

Then they disguise their "eternal hell" theology by not actually using the word hell then make up strawmen saying the Universalists are the only ones talking about hell.

A Universalist will talk about all being accountable for sin and here they come saying that nothing they do matters and is not seen as sin by God because they accepted Jesus Christ.

It's beginning to be quite comical because they actually think people can't see their contradictory nonsense.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
You read everything ? what does that prove ?

Yes the message of fundamental christianity is judgement, punishment and eternal torment. That is what fundamental christians only talks about
According to YOU that is all they talk about. I only see you claim that to be the case, but I know for a fact that it is a false claim.

What does it prove that I read everything? That I do not disregard important passages. You should never pick and choose passages like you do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity